Kichen Rental Needed

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mrs. Primrose, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. Hello. We have a small startup candy making business and are looking
    for a shared use kitchen to rent. We are in Southern California. Anyone
    have any ireas? Thanks, Mrs. Primrose

    Tags:

  2. dee

    dee Guest

    Mrs. Primrose wrote:
    > Hello. We have a small startup candy making business and are looking
    > for a shared use kitchen to rent. We are in Southern California. Anyone
    > have any ireas? Thanks, Mrs. Primrose

    Hello, not really replying about kitchen. Can you tell me more about
    your story, it sounds like an exciting adventure! What are you going
    to call it? How did you get into that? What is your favouriate candy
    or is it basically all of them? Best of luck with you candy making
    business!

  3. PickyJaz

    PickyJaz Guest

    Mrs. Primrose wrote:
    > Hello. We have a small startup candy making business and are looking
    > for a shared use kitchen to rent. We are in Southern California. Anyone
    > have any ireas?

    A good friend of mine once worked at the local Elks Lodge as their week
    nights dinner cook, while also holding down another very unrelated and
    full time job across town. Perhaps the club sort of places like this
    who may only use their kitchens during evenings or for less frequent
    needs would be a good place to check?

    Picky

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Mrs. Primrose" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hello. We have a small startup candy making business and are looking
    > for a shared use kitchen to rent. We are in Southern California. Anyone
    > have any ireas? Thanks, Mrs. Primrose

    Try a small privately-owned restaurant or bakery. A friend (a baker)
    rented bakery space for use during the afternoons when the bakery wasn't
    baking stuff (they were at it in the middle of the night for fresh baked
    goods at 6:00 a.m.; she was baking at 3:30 p.m.)
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-15-2006, RIP Connie Drew

  5. Stan Horwitz

    Stan Horwitz Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Mrs. Primrose" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hello. We have a small startup candy making business and are looking
    > for a shared use kitchen to rent. We are in Southern California. Anyone
    > have any ireas? Thanks, Mrs. Primrose

    Perhaps http://www.mobilekitchens.com/ would meet your needs. I found
    this outfit by googling for "kitchen rental southern california."

  6. Stan Horwitz

    Stan Horwitz Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Mrs. Primrose" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hello. We have a small startup candy making business and are looking
    > for a shared use kitchen to rent. We are in Southern California. Anyone
    > have any ireas? Thanks, Mrs. Primrose

    Perhaps http://www.mobilekitchens.com/ would meet your needs. I found
    this outfit by googling for "kitchen rental southern california."

  7. Reg

    Reg Guest

    Mrs. Primrose wrote:

    > Hello. We have a small startup candy making business and are looking
    > for a shared use kitchen to rent. We are in Southern California. Anyone
    > have any ireas? Thanks, Mrs. Primrose

    I rented a certified kitchen from a local caterer off and
    on for several years. It's doable, just not very
    convenient. I could only get access to certain timeslots,
    sometimes only at night. Fridge space was always tricky.
    But it's a good way to get things off the ground, much
    better than having to sign a lease somewhere or build your
    own kitchen, especially when you're testing the waters.

    Start calling around to catering companies and see if you can
    find one that needs extra money.

  8. Reg

    Reg Guest

    Mrs. Primrose wrote:

    > Hello. We have a small startup candy making business and are looking
    > for a shared use kitchen to rent. We are in Southern California. Anyone
    > have any ireas? Thanks, Mrs. Primrose

    I rented a certified kitchen from a local caterer off and
    on for several years. It's doable, just not very
    convenient. I could only get access to certain timeslots,
    sometimes only at night. Fridge space was always tricky.
    But it's a good way to get things off the ground, much
    better than having to sign a lease somewhere or build your
    own kitchen, especially when you're testing the waters.

    Start calling around to catering companies and see if you can
    find one that needs extra money.

  9. RoR

    RoR Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:05:27 GMT, Reg <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Mrs. Primrose wrote:
    >
    >> Hello. We have a small startup candy making business and are looking
    >> for a shared use kitchen to rent. We are in Southern California. Anyone
    >> have any ireas? Thanks, Mrs. Primrose
    >>

    >I rented a certified kitchen from a local caterer off and
    >on for several years. It's doable, just not very
    >convenient. I could only get access to certain timeslots,
    >sometimes only at night. Fridge space was always tricky.
    >But it's a good way to get things off the ground, much
    >better than having to sign a lease somewhere or build your
    >own kitchen, especially when you're testing the waters.
    >
    >Start calling around to catering companies and see if you can
    >find one that needs extra money.

    I wonder if a deal could be struck with a school. They are in financial tight spots these
    days and might be open to sharing night use for a few bucks.

    --
    Rick R
    [email protected]ult

  10. RoR