Kick ass DH race vid here..

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Slacker, Apr 30, 2003.

  1. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > make sure to right click and "save as"
    > http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewlinks.php?mode=jump&link=13 (19 mb)
    >
    > courtesy of http://www.farkin.net/
    >

    > Warning: This is AdultBMX, so if you're not an adult make sure to get
    permission from your mommy first.
    > --
    > Slacker

    Oooohhhh yeah!! I'm pumped. Going this weekend to ride DH.

    Hehehe...19mb Aussie DH vids, Dropin show downloads. Careful Man! Broadband will fill up a hard
    drive pretty quick! It's kinda like learning to drink from a firehose!

    Mike - speaks from 'sperience!

  3. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

  4. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Oooohhhh yeah!! I'm pumped. Going this weekend to ride DH.
    >
    > Where are you going?
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    Going to Snowshoe and do some self-shuttled runs. There is a race in two weeks at Wisp in MD and I
    need some time on the bike. I hear Mountain Creek is open again which will be great for y'all. Maybe
    we can do a A.M-B DH thing there some time this summer. I'd like to check it out as it closed the
    year I got my DH rig. There and/or Splatterkill. ;^)

    Mike

  5. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    > Going to Snowshoe and do some self-shuttled runs. There is a race in two weeks at Wisp in MD and I
    > need some time on the bike. I hear Mountain
    Creek
    > is open again which will be great for y'all. Maybe we can do a A.M-B DH thing there some time
    > this summer. I'd like to check it out as it closed the year I got my DH rig. There and/or
    > Splatterkill. ;^)
    >
    > Mike

    Mountain Creek is opening again. Its about an hour away from us so we'll be spending some time there
    this summer:

    http://www.hcor.net/

    A splatterkill trip is also upcoming soon...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  6. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > make sure to right click and "save as"
    > > http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewlinks.php?mode=jump&link=13 (19 mb)
    > >
    > > courtesy of http://www.farkin.net/
    > >

    > > Warning: This is AdultBMX, so if you're not an adult make sure to get
    > permission from your mommy first.
    > > --
    > > Slacker
    > >

    > Oooohhhh yeah!! I'm pumped. Going this weekend to ride DH.
    >
    > Hehehe...19mb Aussie DH vids, Dropin show downloads. Careful Man! Broadband will fill up a hard
    > drive pretty quick! It's kinda like learning to drink from a firehose!
    >
    > Mike - speaks from 'sperience!

    LOL....I know I'm outta control...already contemplating uninstalling MS Office and I'm eyeballing a
    60 - 100 GB hard drive.

    That vid got me pumped too. Just heard Big Bear opens May 10. Time to grab a pair of 909's to maybe
    replace the Kujo's.
    --
    Slacker

  7. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > make sure to right click and "save as"
    > > > http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewlinks.php?mode=jump&link=13 (19 mb)
    > > >
    > > > courtesy of http://www.farkin.net/
    > > >

    > > > Warning: This is AdultBMX, so if you're not an adult make sure to get
    > > permission from your mommy first.
    > > > --
    > > > Slacker
    > > >

    > > Oooohhhh yeah!! I'm pumped. Going this weekend to ride DH.
    > >
    > > Hehehe...19mb Aussie DH vids, Dropin show downloads. Careful Man!
    Broadband
    > > will fill up a hard drive pretty quick! It's kinda like learning to
    drink
    > > from a firehose!
    > >
    > > Mike - speaks from 'sperience!
    >

    > LOL....I know I'm outta control...already contemplating uninstalling MS
    Office and I'm eyeballing a 60 - 100 GB hard drive.

    > That vid got me pumped too. Just heard Big Bear opens May 10. Time to
    grab a pair of 909's to maybe replace the Kujo's.
    > --
    > Slacker

    At least a CD burner to off-load some of that stuff.

    Mmmm...909's. Run about 18-20psi. Very stiff sidewalls.

    Mike

  8. Technician

    Technician Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, slacker7 @sbcglobal.net says...
    > > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > make sure to right click and "save as"
    > > > http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewlinks.php?mode=jump&link=13 (19 mb)
    > > >
    > > > courtesy of http://www.farkin.net/
    > > >

    > > > Warning: This is AdultBMX, so if you're not an adult make sure to get
    > > permission from your mommy first.
    > > > --
    > > > Slacker
    > > >

    > > Oooohhhh yeah!! I'm pumped. Going this weekend to ride DH.
    > >
    > > Hehehe...19mb Aussie DH vids, Dropin show downloads. Careful Man! Broadband will fill up a hard
    > > drive pretty quick! It's kinda like learning to drink from a firehose!
    > >
    > > Mike - speaks from 'sperience!
    >

    > LOL....I know I'm outta control...already contemplating uninstalling MS Office and I'm eyeballing
    > a 60 - 100 GB hard drive.
    >
    > That vid got me pumped too. Just heard Big Bear opens May 10. Time to grab a pair of 909's to
    > maybe replace the Kujo's.
    > --
    > Slacker

    I have all my mtb vids burned to CD.

    It is amazing how fast a hard drive fills up. i remember when i had a 540MB drive. seemed like it
    took forever to fill. now i have 2 40 gigs and an 8 gig almost filled up.

    Strange though, with all the storage media out there, hard drives are still the cheapest. and if
    you run out of slots and cables, just get a firewire (USB IMO is too slow for large data transfer,
    never tried USB
    2.) external drive adaptor (or several) and fill those up with new drives.

    ~Travis
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

    travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer

  9. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > > LOL....I know I'm outta control...already contemplating uninstalling MS Office and I'm
    > > eyeballing a 60 - 100 GB hard drive.
    > >
    > > That vid got me pumped too. Just heard Big Bear opens May 10. Time to grab a pair of 909's to
    > > maybe replace the Kujo's.
    > > --
    > > Slacker
    > >

    > I have all my mtb vids burned to CD.
    >
    > It is amazing how fast a hard drive fills up. i remember when i had a 540MB drive. seemed like it
    > took forever to fill. now i have 2 40 gigs and an 8 gig almost filled up.
    >
    > Strange though, with all the storage media out there, hard drives are still the cheapest. and if
    > you run out of slots and cables, just get a firewire (USB IMO is too slow for large data transfer,
    > never tried USB
    > 2.) external drive adaptor (or several) and fill those up with new drives.
    >
    > ~Travis

    Good call guys! I have a burner, but almost never use it, but that's about to change. Gotta free up
    some room on my little 14 gb hard drive....my MTB vid folder alone is 1 gig.
    --
    Slacker

  10. Technician

    Technician Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, slacker7 @sbcglobal.net says...
    > > > LOL....I know I'm outta control...already contemplating uninstalling MS Office and I'm
    > > > eyeballing a 60 - 100 GB hard drive.
    > > >
    > > > That vid got me pumped too. Just heard Big Bear opens May 10. Time to grab a pair of 909's to
    > > > maybe replace the Kujo's.
    > > > --
    > > > Slacker
    > > >

    > > I have all my mtb vids burned to CD.
    > >
    > > It is amazing how fast a hard drive fills up. i remember when i had a 540MB drive. seemed like
    > > it took forever to fill. now i have 2 40 gigs and an 8 gig almost filled up.
    > >
    > > Strange though, with all the storage media out there, hard drives are still the cheapest. and if
    > > you run out of slots and cables, just get a firewire (USB IMO is too slow for large data
    > > transfer, never tried USB
    > > 2.) external drive adaptor (or several) and fill those up with new drives.
    > >
    > > ~Travis
    >

    > Good call guys! I have a burner, but almost never use it, but that's about to change. Gotta free
    > up some room on my little 14 gb hard drive....my MTB vid folder alone is 1 gig.
    > --
    > Slacker

    I have a little 4gb drive you can have if you need it for vid storage or whatever. i'm running a
    check on it now to make sure it is stable (last i knew it was).

    ~Travis
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

    travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer

  11. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > I have a little 4gb drive you can have if you need it for vid storage or whatever. i'm running a
    > check on it now to make sure it is stable (last i knew it was).
    >
    > ~Travis

    That's a very kind offer (thank you very much), but I think I'll be ok. I got a half a dozen blank
    CDs and in the not too distance future I'll start building a PC or get a Dell or something.

    I just gotta focus on my DH rig project for the next year.
    --
    Slacker

  12. Technician

    Technician Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, slacker7 @sbcglobal.net says...
    > > I have a little 4gb drive you can have if you need it for vid storage or whatever. i'm running a
    > > check on it now to make sure it is stable (last i knew it was).
    > >
    > > ~Travis
    >

    > That's a very kind offer (thank you very much), but I think I'll be ok. I got a half a dozen blank
    > CDs and in the not too distance future I'll start building a PC or get a Dell or something.

    IMO, dells are the cheapest method to get a good PC, though building your one will give you just
    what you want. its always kind of a trade off. when i bought my dell, i already had a SB Live 5.1
    sound card, and several other things, so on those items, i just bought the bottom of the line for
    selection (this toughly confused the poor guy at the other end, especially when i bought the top of
    the line, THX certified, 5.1 speaker system, and selected the el-cheepo onboard sound card. they
    freak out when they get somebody that actually knows about computers).

    > I just gotta focus on my DH rig project for the next year.

    Need a frame with 6 inched of rear travel ;-)

    My "DH rig" had a good rear suspension, but as the topo map i posted a while back, there really
    isn't all that many trails around a HT can't handle. hopefully by the end of next week i'll be back
    in the saddle again.

    ~Travis