Kick ass DH race vid here..

"Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> make sure to right click and "save as"
> http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewlinks.php?mode=jump&link=13 (19 mb)
>
> courtesy of http://www.farkin.net/
>

> Warning: This is AdultBMX, so if you're not an adult make sure to get
permission from your mommy first.
> --
> Slacker

Oooohhhh yeah!! I'm pumped. Going this weekend to ride DH.

Hehehe...19mb Aussie DH vids, Dropin show downloads. Careful Man! Broadband will fill up a hard
drive pretty quick! It's kinda like learning to drink from a firehose!

Mike - speaks from 'sperience!

> "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Oooohhhh yeah!! I'm pumped. Going this weekend to ride DH.
>
> Where are you going?
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Going to Snowshoe and do some self-shuttled runs. There is a race in two weeks at Wisp in MD and I
need some time on the bike. I hear Mountain Creek is open again which will be great for y'all. Maybe
we can do a A.M-B DH thing there some time this summer. I'd like to check it out as it closed the
year I got my DH rig. There and/or Splatterkill. ;^)

Mike

> Going to Snowshoe and do some self-shuttled runs. There is a race in two weeks at Wisp in MD and I
> need some time on the bike. I hear Mountain
Creek
> is open again which will be great for y'all. Maybe we can do a A.M-B DH thing there some time
> this summer. I'd like to check it out as it closed the year I got my DH rig. There and/or
> Splatterkill. ;^)
>
> Mike

Mountain Creek is opening again. Its about an hour away from us so we'll be spending some time there
this summer:

http://www.hcor.net/

A splatterkill trip is also upcoming soon...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

> "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > make sure to right click and "save as"
> > http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewlinks.php?mode=jump&link=13 (19 mb)
> >
> > courtesy of http://www.farkin.net/
> >

> > Warning: This is AdultBMX, so if you're not an adult make sure to get
> permission from your mommy first.
> > --
> > Slacker
> >

> Oooohhhh yeah!! I'm pumped. Going this weekend to ride DH.
>
> Hehehe...19mb Aussie DH vids, Dropin show downloads. Careful Man! Broadband will fill up a hard
> drive pretty quick! It's kinda like learning to drink from a firehose!
>
> Mike - speaks from 'sperience!

LOL....I know I'm outta control...already contemplating uninstalling MS Office and I'm eyeballing a
60 - 100 GB hard drive.

That vid got me pumped too. Just heard Big Bear opens May 10. Time to grab a pair of 909's to maybe
replace the Kujo's.
--
Slacker

"Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > make sure to right click and "save as"
> > > http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewlinks.php?mode=jump&link=13 (19 mb)
> > >
> > > courtesy of http://www.farkin.net/
> > >

> > > Warning: This is AdultBMX, so if you're not an adult make sure to get
> > permission from your mommy first.
> > > --
> > > Slacker
> > >

> > Oooohhhh yeah!! I'm pumped. Going this weekend to ride DH.
> >
> > Hehehe...19mb Aussie DH vids, Dropin show downloads. Careful Man!
Broadband
> > will fill up a hard drive pretty quick! It's kinda like learning to
drink
> > from a firehose!
> >
> > Mike - speaks from 'sperience!
>

> LOL....I know I'm outta control...already contemplating uninstalling MS
Office and I'm eyeballing a 60 - 100 GB hard drive.

> That vid got me pumped too. Just heard Big Bear opens May 10. Time to
grab a pair of 909's to maybe replace the Kujo's.
> --
> Slacker

At least a CD burner to off-load some of that stuff.

Mmmm...909's. Run about 18-20psi. Very stiff sidewalls.

Mike

In article <[email protected]>, slacker7 @sbcglobal.net says...
> > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > make sure to right click and "save as"
> > > http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewlinks.php?mode=jump&link=13 (19 mb)
> > >
> > > courtesy of http://www.farkin.net/
> > >

> > > Warning: This is AdultBMX, so if you're not an adult make sure to get
> > permission from your mommy first.
> > > --
> > > Slacker
> > >

> > Oooohhhh yeah!! I'm pumped. Going this weekend to ride DH.
> >
> > Hehehe...19mb Aussie DH vids, Dropin show downloads. Careful Man! Broadband will fill up a hard
> > drive pretty quick! It's kinda like learning to drink from a firehose!
> >
> > Mike - speaks from 'sperience!
>

> LOL....I know I'm outta control...already contemplating uninstalling MS Office and I'm eyeballing
> a 60 - 100 GB hard drive.
>
> That vid got me pumped too. Just heard Big Bear opens May 10. Time to grab a pair of 909's to
> maybe replace the Kujo's.
> --
> Slacker

I have all my mtb vids burned to CD.

It is amazing how fast a hard drive fills up. i remember when i had a 540MB drive. seemed like it
took forever to fill. now i have 2 40 gigs and an 8 gig almost filled up.

Strange though, with all the storage media out there, hard drives are still the cheapest. and if
you run out of slots and cables, just get a firewire (USB IMO is too slow for large data transfer,
never tried USB
2.) external drive adaptor (or several) and fill those up with new drives.

~Travis
--
travis57 at megalink dot net

travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer

> > LOL....I know I'm outta control...already contemplating uninstalling MS Office and I'm
> > eyeballing a 60 - 100 GB hard drive.
> >
> > That vid got me pumped too. Just heard Big Bear opens May 10. Time to grab a pair of 909's to
> > maybe replace the Kujo's.
> > --
> > Slacker
> >

> I have all my mtb vids burned to CD.
>
> It is amazing how fast a hard drive fills up. i remember when i had a 540MB drive. seemed like it
> took forever to fill. now i have 2 40 gigs and an 8 gig almost filled up.
>
> Strange though, with all the storage media out there, hard drives are still the cheapest. and if
> you run out of slots and cables, just get a firewire (USB IMO is too slow for large data transfer,
> never tried USB
> 2.) external drive adaptor (or several) and fill those up with new drives.
>
> ~Travis

Good call guys! I have a burner, but almost never use it, but that's about to change. Gotta free up
some room on my little 14 gb hard drive....my MTB vid folder alone is 1 gig.
--
Slacker

In article <[email protected]>, slacker7 @sbcglobal.net says...
> > > LOL....I know I'm outta control...already contemplating uninstalling MS Office and I'm
> > > eyeballing a 60 - 100 GB hard drive.
> > >
> > > That vid got me pumped too. Just heard Big Bear opens May 10. Time to grab a pair of 909's to
> > > maybe replace the Kujo's.
> > > --
> > > Slacker
> > >

> > I have all my mtb vids burned to CD.
> >
> > It is amazing how fast a hard drive fills up. i remember when i had a 540MB drive. seemed like
> > it took forever to fill. now i have 2 40 gigs and an 8 gig almost filled up.
> >
> > Strange though, with all the storage media out there, hard drives are still the cheapest. and if
> > you run out of slots and cables, just get a firewire (USB IMO is too slow for large data
> > transfer, never tried USB
> > 2.) external drive adaptor (or several) and fill those up with new drives.
> >
> > ~Travis
>

> Good call guys! I have a burner, but almost never use it, but that's about to change. Gotta free
> up some room on my little 14 gb hard drive....my MTB vid folder alone is 1 gig.
> --
> Slacker

I have a little 4gb drive you can have if you need it for vid storage or whatever. i'm running a
check on it now to make sure it is stable (last i knew it was).

~Travis
--
travis57 at megalink dot net

travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer

> I have a little 4gb drive you can have if you need it for vid storage or whatever. i'm running a
> check on it now to make sure it is stable (last i knew it was).
>
> ~Travis

That's a very kind offer (thank you very much), but I think I'll be ok. I got a half a dozen blank
CDs and in the not too distance future I'll start building a PC or get a Dell or something.

I just gotta focus on my DH rig project for the next year.
--
Slacker

In article <[email protected]>, slacker7 @sbcglobal.net says...
> > I have a little 4gb drive you can have if you need it for vid storage or whatever. i'm running a
> > check on it now to make sure it is stable (last i knew it was).
> >
> > ~Travis
>

> That's a very kind offer (thank you very much), but I think I'll be ok. I got a half a dozen blank
> CDs and in the not too distance future I'll start building a PC or get a Dell or something.

IMO, dells are the cheapest method to get a good PC, though building your one will give you just
what you want. its always kind of a trade off. when i bought my dell, i already had a SB Live 5.1
sound card, and several other things, so on those items, i just bought the bottom of the line for
selection (this toughly confused the poor guy at the other end, especially when i bought the top of
the line, THX certified, 5.1 speaker system, and selected the el-cheepo onboard sound card. they
freak out when they get somebody that actually knows about computers).

> I just gotta focus on my DH rig project for the next year.

Need a frame with 6 inched of rear travel ;-)

My "DH rig" had a good rear suspension, but as the topo map i posted a while back, there really
isn't all that many trails around a HT can't handle. hopefully by the end of next week i'll be back
in the saddle again.

~Travis