Kick stand for Giant Rincon 2007 model

The Mo

Guest
Hi,

I've just bought a new 2007 Giant Rincon which I am very happy with.
One small problem I went to get a kick stand put on it and the dealer
said they don't make stands that will fit the frame of the Rincon. The
Rincon doesn't come with the usual metal plate to fasten the stand
bracket to.

Any advice? Has anyone fitted a stand to their Rincon? I can't seem to
find an email address for Giant anywhere.

Thanks,
Ben

"The Mo" wrote:

> I've just bought a new 2007 Giant Rincon which I am very happy with.
> One small problem I went to get a kick stand put on it and the dealer
> said they don't make stands that will fit the frame of the Rincon. The
> Rincon doesn't come with the usual metal plate to fasten the stand
> bracket to.
>
> Any advice? Has anyone fitted a stand to their Rincon? I can't seem to
> find an email address for Giant anywhere.

Many will say that the kickstand is tres daggy, but I've returned to it in
the past 4 years on my tourer and find it very useful. Go online here:
http://aebike.com/page.cfm?PageID=30&action=details&sku=KI1002

aebike have given me great service, and this rear-stay mounted stand should
fit on most bikes, certainly the Rincon I believe. I've used it for the past
3 years and it happily holds up my bike while fully loaded with front and
rear panniers.

"Peter Signorini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "The Mo" wrote:
>
>> I've just bought a new 2007 Giant Rincon which I am very happy with.
>> One small problem I went to get a kick stand put on it and the dealer
>> said they don't make stands that will fit the frame of the Rincon. The
>> Rincon doesn't come with the usual metal plate to fasten the stand
>> bracket to.
>>
>> Any advice? Has anyone fitted a stand to their Rincon? I can't seem to
>> find an email address for Giant anywhere.

> Many will say that the kickstand is tres daggy, but I've returned to it in
> the past 4 years on my tourer and find it very useful. Go online here:
> http://aebike.com/page.cfm?PageID=30&action=details&sku=KI1002
>
> aebike have given me great service, and this rear-stay mounted stand
> should fit on most bikes, certainly the Rincon I believe. I've used it for
> the past 3 years and it happily holds up my bike while fully loaded with
> front and rear panniers.

One other thing, if you're unwilling/unable to use your credit card on-line.
In Melbourne you may be able to find this Greenfield kickstand at St Kilda
Cycles or at Abbotsford Cycles.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

On Feb 24, 9:57 pm, "Peter Signorini" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> "The Mo" wrote:
> > I've just bought a new 2007 Giant Rincon which I am very happy with.
> > One small problem I went to get a kick stand put on it and the dealer
> > said they don't make stands that will fit the frame of the Rincon. The
> > Rincon doesn't come with the usual metal plate to fasten the stand
> > bracket to.

> > Any advice? Has anyone fitted a stand to their Rincon? I can't seem to
> > find an email address for Giant anywhere.

> Many will say that the kickstand is tres daggy, but I've returned to it in
> the past 4 years on my tourer and find it very useful. Go online here:http://aebike.com/page.cfm?PageID=30&action=details&sku=KI1002
>
> aebike have given me great service, and this rear-stay mounted stand should
> fit on most bikes, certainly the Rincon I believe. I've used it for the past
> 3 years and it happily holds up my bike while fully loaded with front and
> rear panniers.

Thanks!

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 22:06:04 +1100, Peter Signorini wrote:

> One other thing, if you're unwilling/unable to use your credit card
> on-line. In Melbourne you may be able to find this Greenfield kickstand
> at St Kilda Cycles or at Abbotsford Cycles.

Not only is he retro in his bike accessories, but also in his attitude to
being helpful on usenet. Come on, call me some names to show you've
progressed out of civilization!

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
"Hey, watch the 'fro" - Danny Glaze

"Dave" wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 22:06:04 +1100, Peter Signorini wrote:
>
>> One other thing, if you're unwilling/unable to use your credit card
>> on-line. In Melbourne you may be able to find this Greenfield kickstand
>> at St Kilda Cycles or at Abbotsford Cycles.

> Not only is he retro in his bike accessories, but also in his attitude to
> being helpful on usenet. Come on, call me some names to show you've
> progressed out of civilization!

?????

Hey, you've got me tossed. Clarification perhaps.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@