kickstand on Giro?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Nathan, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. Nathan

    Nathan Guest

    Has anyone put a kickstand on a Giro? If so, where did you get it, and was it pretty simple
    to install?

    Nate

    Tags:

  2. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > Has anyone put a kickstand on a Giro? If so, where did you get it, and was it pretty simple to
    > install?

    The HostelShoppe sells a Vision Gizmo to attach a Greenfield K/S to the rear drop of a Giro.

    http://www.hostelshoppe.com/cgi-bin/readitem.pl?Accessory=1005338632

    I am not thrilled with this idea for asthetics or stability though I have not tried it. I am working
    on a twin legged K/S (similar to the ESGE twin) that will attach to a X-Eyed Bacchetta Midship Rack.
    Stay tuned...

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. Nathan

    Nathan Guest

    Geez, $30 just for the little piece that the actual kickstand connects to? That seems really high,
    but I guess if it is the only game in town...

    Nate

    Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Has anyone put a kickstand on a Giro? If so, where did you get it, and was it pretty simple to
    > > install?
    >
    > The HostelShoppe sells a Vision Gizmo to attach a Greenfield K/S to the rear drop of a Giro.
    >
    > http://www.hostelshoppe.com/cgi-bin/readitem.pl?Accessory=1005338632
    >
    > I am not thrilled with this idea for asthetics or stability though I have not tried it. I am
    > working on a twin legged K/S (similar to the ESGE twin) that will attach to a X-Eyed Bacchetta
    > Midship Rack. Stay tuned...

  4. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > Geez, $30 just for the little piece that the actual kickstand connects to? That seems really high,
    > but I guess if it is the only game in town...

    Now 2000 miles on my Giro and I have managed to survive without a $30 Gizmo and a $36 Kickstand.
    This includes a daily commute with loaded panniers as well as a Saturday ride w/ stop for brunch.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  5. Randy N.

    Randy N. Guest

    I use a 24" long peice of oak dowel (turned from a broken bo-staff) and prop the Giro up with it
    against the hydration pouch and seat brace. You can also use it against the Pannier rack, if you
    have a bit shorter peice... the key seems to be a spare hair tie, to set the front brake while you
    park. I hang it in the tube that the hostel shop Giro bag has for a bike pump while not being a
    kickstand. As an added benefit, it might just save your life against a feral dog one day.

    Randy