Kickstands?

thomasward00

Jan 8, 2004
I have just gotten my diamondback coil home, and it has no kickstand, do most people here use kickstands with a full suspension bikes, and what models should I consider.
Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by thomasward00
I have just gotten my diamondback coil home, and it has no kickstand, do most people here use kickstands with a full suspension bikes, and what models should I consider.
Thanks in advance.

Kick stands are only used on very cheap bikes since they really serv no useful purpose. Any decent bike is designed to be ridden so when not in use just lean it against something or hang it :) They just add unnecessary weight and could be dangerous as hell if they were to swing open in the middle of a ride. Not to mention there is usually no room to install one. There are some cheap plastic stands to hold the bike up when you store it.

Handy tip: when you lean your bike against something, lean it in such a way that the rear wheel can't move. It'll be every bit as sturdy as if it were held by a kickstand.

Trust me on this one. No kickstand is needed. If you have to but can't lean it against something, then all you need is a length of rope and a chair. Set the chair down and tie the rope around the bottom bar and tied to the leg. It holds fine if its a temporary fix. But don't get a kickstand due to the danger and basic lack of use while actually riding.

why not just flip the thing over BMX style? Then you can keep it in the house! :)