kid bicycle trailers

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Detmar Meurers

Hi,

I'm looking into kid bicycle trailers and after checking out the faq still wondered about the
following:

Does anyone have experience or comments on

a) the Schwinn Bike trailer (apparently called SC775), and
b) the Wike Moonlite

or any other model comparable to the Burley d'lite, which is a bit on the expensive side for me.
Apart from the normal issues, one factor I'm interrested in is how easy it is to fold it up to get
it into the trunk of a small car.

I was very surprised that there appears to be very little up-to-date information on this general
topic on the net, with the faq portion apparently dating to the mid 90s - pointers to something I
may have overlooked would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards, Detmar

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 22:19:54 -0500 in rec.bicycles.misc, Detmar Meurers <[email protected]> wrote:

> or any other model comparable to the Burley d'lite, which is a bit on the expensive side for me.

when it comes to kid trailers, cost should not matter. the important thing is safety, and i know
from friends that the burley is VERY safe.

I like the Tanjor http://www.lodrag.com just for the record, but it's expensive.

It looks cool, and in fact has very low air drag. With an 80 lb dog in it you coast farther than
without the trailer, which is to say the trailer is noticeably cleaner than the bicycle. That's not
true of the Burley.

You still notice the dog's weight on inclines though.

I hauled home 150 lb of water softener salt last week and you really notice inclines.
--
Ron Hardin [email protected]

On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.