Kiddy trailer (cartoon)

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Rory, Oct 2, 2003.

  1. Rory

    Rory Guest

    This cartoon pretty much sums up my experience hauling the trailer:

    http://www.b-anhaenger.de/bilder/divers/startb1.gif

    ...all the other parents turn up at the day care with fat 4x4s and cabrios etc., but we got all the
    attention/admiring looks from kids *and* mothers. Damn lycra!

    Tags:

  2. Rory wrote:
    > This cartoon pretty much sums up my experience hauling the trailer:
    >
    > http://www.b-anhaenger.de/bilder/divers/startb1.gif
    >
    > ...all the other parents turn up at the day care with fat 4x4s and cabrios etc., but we got all
    > the attention/admiring looks from kids *and* mothers. Damn lycra!

    Cannondale used to (maybe still) make one called The Bugger. Oddly, they never officially imported
    it into the UK!

  3. Sam Tosi\

    Sam Tosi\ Guest

    "Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Cannondale used to (maybe still) make one called The Bugger. Oddly, they never officially imported
    > it into the UK!

    We have one of those. It's fun to pull it with the tandem.. you get double the stares.

    -Sam

  4. Chalo

    Chalo Guest

    Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Cannondale used to (maybe still) make one called The Bugger. Oddly, they never officially imported
    > it into the UK!

    Seems like they narrowly missed a great opportunity to give the thing a more appropriate name for a
    kid hauler: Booger.

    Chalo Colina

  5. Rory

    Rory Guest

    Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > Cannondale used to (maybe still) make one called The Bugger. Oddly, they never officially imported
    > it into the UK!

    Sorry folks. Didn't realise I'd cross posted this: when I first heard of the Cannondale product
    (it's no longer made) I busted my hole laughing, but when I explained it to my (Texan) colleague, he
    just said "so?".

    http://www.bartleby.com/68/22/1022.html

    It's hard to see how anyone can survive on a bicycle without this word with its many meanings in
    their vocab ("an uncooperative object or apparatus" - that's my rear mech, alright). I'm sure
    Sheldon "Polyglot" Brown is totally >au fait< with it, and probably has a chart on his website
    outlining the shades of meaning and areas of applicability.

  6. Chalo wrote:

    > Seems like they narrowly missed a great opportunity to give the thing a more appropriate name for
    > a kid hauler: Booger.

    It would have been good in lime green :)