Kiddy Trailers

On Sep 10, 4:57 pm, Zebee Johnstone <[email protected]> wrote:
> A back mounted sling on the adult?
>
> Or ride a LWB bent, and a front mounted sling on the adult?

I'd be very, very worried about what would happen to the child in case
of an accident if attached to an adult rider.

Best parenting intentions aside, I reckon survival instincts would
prevail - which in my case, causes me to tuck my head and roll over my
left shoulder onto my back [1]. The last thing a baby needs is 90kg+
of me rolling over it.

If the baby is strapped on the bike, worst case is that the bike will
land baby first, with no more than 20kg landing on the baby. Hopefully
the baby seat would provide some kind of protection, or the baby would
be thrown free of the bike.

These are all horrific things to visualise, but all far preferable -
far more survivable - than the parent landing on the baby.

I'm working on a way to mount my little one/s [2] in their car seats
on a bike or trailer. Car seat provides all the support they need. I'm
not there yet, but I'm working on options. I'm not sure of the
legalities of carrying a child in a car seat on a bike without a
helmet (I can't imagine a helmet and seat being compatible).

tim

[1] don't ask me how I know...
[2] 5 weeks and counting...

Duracell Bunny wrote:
> Theo Bekkers Wrote:

>> http://www.chitteringfireservices.org.au/history.html

> Fireman, eh? If it wasn't so OT I'd ask you a whole heap of questions
> re wind-in & payout devices for lay-flat hose.

Volunteer. What kind of questions do you have? Our layflat comes in 38 and
64 and we centre-roll or dutch-roll it. Generally in bush conditions, dutch
is better. Red-truck firies mostly fold their hose into trays.

Theo

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
> Theo Bekkers wrote:

>> Waiting in trepidation to see if I'm attractive to pregnant women.

> I thought it was well known that no man is attractive to pregnant
> women? Or is that just during the labour, and mostly just the one
> responsible?

There are usually two people 'responsible', not just the man.

Theo

On Sep 14, 12:36 pm, "Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote:
> LotteBum wrote:
> > Anyway, Theo, you should post your picture on here and I will tell you
> > if you are a good looking lad or not.

> Here's one in my play-group outfit. I've since traded the white hat for a
> yellow one (lieutenant).
>
> http://www.chitteringfireservices.org.au/history.html
>
> Theo
> Waiting in trepidation to see if I'm attractive to pregnant women.

Jesus Christ, get a room you two. Lotte, what did you think of his
pic? Are you going to leave Paulie and expand Theo's family even more?

Donga

On Sep 14, 1:04 pm, Duracell Bunny <Duracell.Bunny.2wv...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Theo Bekkers Wrote:
>

> >http://www.chitteringfireservices.org.au/history.html

> > Theo
> > Waiting in trepidation to see if I'm attractive to pregnant women.Not what I'd conjured up in my mind at all.

> Fireman, eh? If it wasn't so OT I'd ask you a whole heap of questions
> re wind-in & payout devices for lay-flat hose.
>
> DB
>
> --
> Duracell Bunny

Are you pregnant too, DB?

Donga

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:04:51 -0700, tim wrote:

> [1] don't ask me how I know...

You fell off a ladder while painting the extension, right?

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
O Canada, we stand ready to sit down and discuss our problems in a

Theo Bekkers said:
Duracell Bunny wrote:
> Theo Bekkers Wrote:

>> http://www.chitteringfireservices.org.au/history.html

> Fireman, eh? If it wasn't so OT I'd ask you a whole heap of questions
> re wind-in & payout devices for lay-flat hose.

Volunteer. What kind of questions do you have? Our layflat comes in 38 and
64 and we centre-roll or dutch-roll it. Generally in bush conditions, dutch
is better. Red-truck firies mostly fold their hose into trays.

Theo
I'll pm you, thanks Theo

Theo Bekkers said:
Here's one in my play-group outfit. I've since traded the white hat for a yellow one (lieutenant).
Not bad for an old dude, Theo. I'm not much into facial hair, though, but I'm sure if you got rid of that, you'd be a striking lad.

Duracell Bunny said:
What, at my age? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Lotte doesn't call me the prehistoric **** for nothing :p
That's right, I don't. I can't believe you're not past that one!!!

Given that you and Bekkers are both so old, why don't you shack up (seeing as I'm not a fan of the beard anyway)?

On that note, I'm sure Turner Burner would love to get in your pants.

Lotte

LotteBum wrote:
> Theo Bekkers Wrote:

>> Here's one in my play-group outfit.

> Not bad for an old dude, Theo. I'm not much into facial hair, though,
> but I'm sure if you got rid of that, you'd be a striking lad.

Noone would recognise me. It was dark brown when I grew the beard 15 years
ago and I've had the mo since 1967.

Theo

LotteBum said:
That's right, I don't. I can't believe you're not past that one!!!

Given that you and Bekkers are both so old, why don't you shack up (seeing as I'm not a fan of the beard anyway)?

On that note, I'm sure Turner Burner would love to get in your pants.

Lotte
No thanks, I'm spoken for once again. Been a lonely widow way too long ;)

DB

LotteBum wrote:

> Duracell Bunny Wrote:
> > What, at my age? :eek::eek::eek::eek:
> >
> > Lotte doesn't call me the prehistoric **** for nothing :pThat's right, I don't. I can't believe you're not past that one!!!

> Given that you and Bekkers are both so old, why don't you shack up
> (seeing as I'm not a fan of the beard anyway)?
>
> On that note, I'm sure Turner Burner would love to get in your pants.
>
> Lotte
>
> --
> LotteBum

The general chit chat on this thread seems to have degenerated
completely
into totally peurile content.

Fortunately, I have a wonderful group of friends off line and elsewhere
on the Internet.

And very fortunately, I do not have to put up with such BS when I'm on
my bike.

And Lotte, you are a very unattractive sheila.

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner said:
And Lotte, you are a very unattractive sheila.

Patrick Turner.

Which just proves you have no idea what you're talking about, Patrick. Anyone who's met Lotte face to face would know that :)

DB

On Sep 16, 3:24 am, Patrick Turner <[email protected]> wrote:
> LotteBum wrote:
>
> > Duracell Bunny Wrote:
> > > What, at my age? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

> > > Lotte doesn't call me the prehistoric **** for nothing :pThat's right, I don't. I can't believe you're not past that one!!!

> > Given that you and Bekkers are both so old, why don't you shack up
> > (seeing as I'm not a fan of the beard anyway)?

> > On that note, I'm sure Turner Burner would love to get in your pants.

> > Lotte

> > --
> > LotteBum

> The general chit chat on this thread seems to have degenerated
> completely
> into totally peurile content.
>
> Fortunately, I have a wonderful group of friends off line and elsewhere
> on the Internet.
>
> And very fortunately, I do not have to put up with such BS when I'm on
> my bike.
>
> And Lotte, you are a very unattractive sheila.
>
> Patrick Turner.

Ah Patrick, I recall you told me elsewhere to toughen up. Lotte is
actually gold, if you look amongst the quartz.

Donga

Pattycakes said:
And Lotte, you are a very unattractive sheila.

Assuming 'sheila' is, as I am led to believe, trailer trash for 'female', I'll take your word for it. It gives me great comfort to note that the 'sheilas' in your circle of friends no doubt frequent local RSL clubs, shop at Millers Fashion, refer to themselves and other females as 'sheilas', perm their hair and have many a tooth missing. On that note, I hear toothless women give great blowjobs. Go Pattycakes, go!

Lotte

P.S. Pattycakes, you are nothing short of entertaining. Keep it coming old timer.

Pattycakes said:
Fortunately, I have a wonderful group of friends off line and elsewhere on the Internet.
Yes, I believe 60 Minutes* featured a story about them this evening.

Lotte

* 60 Minutes is my most favouritest show after Today Tonight & A Current Affair.

On Sep 16, 3:24 am, Patrick Turner <[email protected]> wrote:

> Fortunately, I have a wonderful group of friends off line and elsewhere
> on the Internet.

Allow me to be the first to suggest you spend more time with them, and
less with us.

Duracell Bunny wrote:

> Patrick Turner Wrote:
> >

> > And Lotte, you are a very unattractive sheila.
> >
> > Patrick Turner.

> Which just proves you have no idea what you're talking about, Patrick.
> Anyone who's met Lotte face to face would know that :)

For all I know, Lotte is a cyberspace shiela only, maybe a bloke in
reality, posing as a young mum.

But this simply doesn't matter to me. I am used to
many poseurs infesting the net, and some are quite pleasant, some not.

But I don't know how attractive she might be to you, her mind betrays
her afaiac,
and as perhaps you should know, what is between the ears is much more
important
than looks to me, if that was what you wanted to say, but if you are a
female,
of course you'd assess your gender sisters utterly different to me.
The sisters always seem to think men are the root of all their troubles,
to which I would ask well why do the sisters root men then?
We all make entirely different assessments about ppl and stuff and I
quite often
don't like some ppl I meet, in much the same way Lotte does not like me.

Give Lotte another 40 years and she just might progress a bit.
She'd benefit from education. Its patronising for me to say that,
but we ALL benefit from education.

It would appear Lotte's about 25, and because i'm 60, its only natural
she
wouldn't get on with me; many young females loathe older men.
There is something hoary and obscene about them that can be seen by
those sheilas who fit a "young and sensible" label on themselves.
( But many around them see things slightly differently...)

Many women can't stand men period, regardless of age.

I'm used to the bumps in the road of life.

But I ain't in any hurry to invite Paris Hilton to dinner here again.
What an incredibly dumb sheila. Bleedin sexless, afaiac.

But some folks reach a peak at 25, and by 60 they are quite a lot worse,
less tolerant, less able to talk about anything, and more peurile than
at 15.

Life is never a certain thing, and to be successful you must be at peace
with
what you cannot understand.

And I don't expect to be always positive about everything.

If I see some godawful peice or artwork I will say it is awful,
and if some prissy puffed up moron of an artist gets offended, too bad.

I feel you folks not liking the fact I am negative about many things.

I never give credit or trust unless its earned.

Patrick Turner.