Kids' Clothing Sites?

tcmedara

Guest
I tend to buy what's on sale at the LBS or the big on-line sites. However,
none of my regular sources carry much in the way of kids' stuff. As my 10
year old gets more into riding, I'd like to get him geared up. His little
sister has also taken to borrowing one of his two jerseys when we go for a
family ride. It's not that he needs the stuff, but it does make for more
comfortable riding especially as the weather gets cooler.....and he likes to
look cool at the club group rides. Google hasn't turned up much. Any
recommendations out there for good sites to buy kids' cycling clothes?

Tom

"tcmedara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I tend to buy what's on sale at the LBS or the big on-line sites.

However,
> none of my regular sources carry much in the way of kids' stuff. As my 10
> year old gets more into riding, I'd like to get him geared up. His little
> sister has also taken to borrowing one of his two jerseys when we go for a
> family ride. It's not that he needs the stuff, but it does make for more
> comfortable riding especially as the weather gets cooler.....and he likes

> look cool at the club group rides. Google hasn't turned up much. Any
> recommendations out there for good sites to buy kids' cycling clothes?

If you want your kid to ride as long as you, or even half as long as you,
you want them to have quality clothing. At the same time, it's so
*expensive* -- and I couldn't find things with as good of quality as the
adult for the same price. My 12 year old has just moved up to the women's
sizes, so we're finally good to go there.

I got a great Rabobank team kit from http://www.bikejerseys.com/ a while
back for my elder daughter, who has now passed it down to her sister. They
gave a good deal of personalized customer service, which I really
appreciated. I've also hit the clearances at REI from time to time and found
things for my kids.

But this is really tough -- you've got to constantly rummage around to find
quality cycling clothing at a reasonable price for kids.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Claire Petersky <[email protected]> wrote:

> If you want your kid to ride as long as you, or even half as long as
> you, you want them to have quality clothing. At the same time, it's so
> *expensive* -- and I couldn't find things with as good of quality as
> the adult for the same price. My 12 year old has just moved up to the
> women's sizes, so we're finally good to go there.
>
> I got a great Rabobank team kit from http://www.bikejerseys.com/ a
> while back for my elder daughter, who has now passed it down to her
> sister. They gave a good deal of personalized customer service, which
> I really appreciated. I've also hit the clearances at REI from time
> to time and found things for my kids.
>
> But this is really tough -- you've got to constantly rummage around
> to find quality cycling clothing at a reasonable price for kids.

Thanks Claire,

It's always nice to find a another on-line retailer with a positive reviews.
I didn't see any kid-specific gear on there though. Have you had luck just
buying xs or small adult sizes? Jerseys don't appear to be as hard to find
as shorts, but I'm really getting stymied finding a good cool weather
cycling gear for a 10 year old.

Tom

In article <7NUld.2119$nj.1624@lakeread01>, [email protected]
says...
> Any
> recommendations out there for good sites to buy kids' cycling clothes?

www.kucharik.com makes top-quality cycling clothes, and they make them in
children's sizes, too.

--
[email protected] is Joshua Putnam
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/>

In article <qpWld.2122$nj.754@lakeread01>, [email protected]
says...

> Jerseys don't appear to be as hard to find
> as shorts, but I'm really getting stymied finding a good cool weather
> cycling gear for a 10 year old.

Kucharik's site includes polypro tights for kids down to 4 years old.

--
[email protected] is Joshua Putnam
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/>
Braze your own bicycle frames. See
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/build/build.html>

>I tend to buy what's on sale at the LBS or the big on-line sites. However,
> none of my regular sources carry much in the way of kids' stuff. As my 10
> year old gets more into riding, I'd like to get him geared up. His little
> sister has also taken to borrowing one of his two jerseys when we go for a
> family ride. It's not that he needs the stuff, but it does make for more
> comfortable riding especially as the weather gets cooler.....and he likes
> look cool at the club group rides. Google hasn't turned up much. Any
> recommendations out there for good sites to buy kids' cycling clothes?
>
> Tom

Tom: Both Trek and Kucharik sells kids-sized apparel and considerably-lower
prices than for their adult equivalents (even though a large kids jersey has
at least as much material as an x-small adult, and they certainly involve
similar amounts of labor to make). There isn't as much variety as in adult
sizes, but what's there is pretty decent.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"tcmedara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I tend to buy what's on sale at the LBS or the big on-line sites.

However,
> none of my regular sources carry much in the way of kids' stuff. As my 10
> year old gets more into riding, I'd like to get him geared up. His little
> sister has also taken to borrowing one of his two jerseys when we go for a
> family ride. It's not that he needs the stuff, but it does make for more
> comfortable riding especially as the weather gets cooler.....and he likes

> look cool at the club group rides. Google hasn't turned up much. Any
> recommendations out there for good sites to buy kids' cycling clothes?
>
> Tom

Cold Lizard made tights for my daughter last year.
http://www.coldlizard.com/cgi/wc.dll?GEKKO~catalog~start~source~~fp

tcmedara wrote:
> I tend to buy what's on sale at the LBS or the big on-line sites. However,
> none of my regular sources carry much in the way of kids' stuff. As my 10
> year old gets more into riding, I'd like to get him geared up. His little
> sister has also taken to borrowing one of his two jerseys when we go for a
> family ride. It's not that he needs the stuff, but it does make for more
> comfortable riding especially as the weather gets cooler.....and he likes to
> look cool at the club group rides. Google hasn't turned up much. Any
> recommendations out there for good sites to buy kids' cycling clothes?
>
> Tom

Performance has kids shorts (maybe not in the catalog but on the web
page) at a reasonable price but the chamois is pretty thin. I think my
skinny 14 year old prefers the adult size small shorts I bought him.

Pam