Kids Road Bike

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by Bill Kline, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. Bill Kline

    Bill Kline Guest

    Any thoughts on where I can get a kids road bike? I know they're out there (Merckx and Pinarello
    both make 'em) and there are USCF categories for younger riders, but I can't seem to find anyone
    that carries them.

    My 8 year old son is totally into road racing (knows the names of more pros than I do) and needs a
    road bike.

    Help!

    Bill

    Tags:

  2. Felt is now making a youth racing bike. Check out http://www.feltracing.com/2004_bikes/f24.html My
    LBS actually had one of these in stock when I stopped by the other day. You might see if there are
    any Felt dealers around you.

    Cheers. -keith

    "Bill Kline" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Any thoughts on where I can get a kids road bike? I know they're out there (Merckx and Pinarello
    > both make 'em) and there are USCF categories for younger riders, but I can't seem to find anyone
    > that carries them.
    >
    > My 8 year old son is totally into road racing (knows the names of more pros than I do) and needs a
    > road bike.
    >
    > Help!
    >
    > Bill

  3. Db

    Db Guest

    Check our Argon18 (based in Montreal), they have two kids bikes available. They have dealers in the
    US and shops in Canada that would likely ship over the border.

    Website listed below.

    http://veloargon18.com/eng/bike_9.htm

    In article <[email protected]>, Bill Kline <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Any thoughts on where I can get a kids road bike? I know they're out there (Merckx and Pinarello
    > both make 'em) and there are USCF categories for younger riders, but I can't seem to find anyone
    > that carries them.
    >
    > My 8 year old son is totally into road racing (knows the names of more pros than I do) and needs a
    > road bike.
    >
    > Help!
    >
    > Bill

  4. 3g1b

    3g1b Guest

    contact Mark or Diane at www.tri-specialties.com , they should be able to
    help
    jon

  5. On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:29:14 +0000, Bill Kline wrote:

    > Any thoughts on where I can get a kids road bike? I know they're out there (Merckx and Pinarello
    > both make 'em) and there are USCF categories for younger riders, but I can't seem to find anyone
    > that carries them.
    >
    > My 8 year old son is totally into road racing (knows the names of more pros than I do) and needs a
    > road bike.
    >
    > Help!
    >
    > Bill

    I dont' know how big your 8 year old is, but a 24" wheel bike might be too big. The only lightweight
    20" wheel bike I know of is made by Author - <http://www.author.cz> - check out the Cosmic. It's sub-
    20 lbs, 20" wheels, and with road slicks would make a fair racing bike. I don't think it's available
    in the US.

    --Kamus

  6. Marvin

    Marvin Guest

    "3g1b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > contact Mark or Diane at www.tri-specialties.com , they should be able to help jon "Bill Kline"
    > > Any thoughts on where I can get a kids road bike? I know they're out there (Merckx and Pinarello
    > > both make 'em) and there are USCF categories for younger riders, but I can't seem to find anyone
    > > that carries them.
    > >
    > > My 8 year old son is totally into road racing (knows the names of more pros than I do) and needs
    > > a road bike.
    > >
    > > Help!
    > >
    > > Bill

    Take a look at www.chucksbikes.com. He sells an aluminum 24" Road bike in "kit form". That might
    work... Marvin

  7. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    >Any thoughts on where I can get a kids road bike? I know they're out there (Merckx and Pinarello
    >both make 'em) and there are USCF categories for younger riders, but I can't seem to find anyone
    >that carries them.
    >
    >My 8 year old son is totally into road racing (knows the names of more pros than I do) and needs a
    >road bike.

    YOu may want to check out the Cannondale line of women's bikes that come with 650C wheels.
    Alex