Kids Road Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Kline

Any thoughts on where I can get a kids road bike? I know they're out there (Merckx and Pinarello
both make 'em) and there are USCF categories for younger riders, but I can't seem to find anyone
that carries them.

My 8 year old son is totally into road racing (knows the names of more pros than I do) and needs a
road bike.

Help!

Bill

Felt is now making a youth racing bike. Check out http://www.feltracing.com/2004_bikes/f24.html My
LBS actually had one of these in stock when I stopped by the other day. You might see if there are
any Felt dealers around you.

Cheers. -keith

"Bill Kline" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Any thoughts on where I can get a kids road bike? I know they're out there (Merckx and Pinarello
> both make 'em) and there are USCF categories for younger riders, but I can't seem to find anyone
> that carries them.
>
> My 8 year old son is totally into road racing (knows the names of more pros than I do) and needs a
> road bike.
>
> Help!
>
> Bill

Check our Argon18 (based in Montreal), they have two kids bikes available. They have dealers in the
US and shops in Canada that would likely ship over the border.

Website listed below.

http://veloargon18.com/eng/bike_9.htm

In article <[email protected]>, Bill Kline <[email protected]> wrote:

> Any thoughts on where I can get a kids road bike? I know they're out there (Merckx and Pinarello
> both make 'em) and there are USCF categories for younger riders, but I can't seem to find anyone
> that carries them.
>
> My 8 year old son is totally into road racing (knows the names of more pros than I do) and needs a
> road bike.
>
> Help!
>
> Bill

contact Mark or Diane at www.tri-specialties.com , they should be able to
help
jon
"Bill Kline" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> that carries them.
>
> road bike.
>
> Help!
>
> Bill

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:29:14 +0000, Bill Kline wrote:

> that carries them.
>
> road bike.
>
> Help!
>
> Bill

I dont' know how big your 8 year old is, but a 24" wheel bike might be too big. The only lightweight
20" wheel bike I know of is made by Author - <http://www.author.cz> - check out the Cosmic. It's sub-
20 lbs, 20" wheels, and with road slicks would make a fair racing bike. I don't think it's available
in the US.

--Kamus

"3g1b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> contact Mark or Diane at www.tri-specialties.com , they should be able to help jon "Bill Kline"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Any thoughts on where I can get a kids road bike? I know they're out there (Merckx and Pinarello
> > both make 'em) and there are USCF categories for younger riders, but I can't seem to find anyone
> > that carries them.
> >
> > My 8 year old son is totally into road racing (knows the names of more pros than I do) and needs
> > a road bike.
> >
> > Help!
> >
> > Bill

Take a look at www.chucksbikes.com. He sells an aluminum 24" Road bike in "kit form". That might
work... Marvin

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
>
>
>Any thoughts on where I can get a kids road bike? I know they're out there (Merckx and Pinarello
>both make 'em) and there are USCF categories for younger riders, but I can't seem to find anyone
>that carries them.
>
>My 8 year old son is totally into road racing (knows the names of more pros than I do) and needs a
>road bike.

YOu may want to check out the Cannondale line of women's bikes that come with 650C wheels.
---------------
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.