Kids road bikes

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Captain Dondo, May 19, 2003.

  1. Does anyone still make a kid's road bike?

    I'm looking for something a bit lighter than the steel mountain bike type bikes, with 20" wheels,
    suitable for a 6 year old.

    TIA,

    -Dondo

    Tags:

  2. Divinci bikes

  3. On Mon, 19 May 2003 11:27:38 +0000, Bill Venia Jr wrote:

    > Divinci bikes

    Got a web site? All that comes up is a custom tandem maker.... Not quite what I was looking for.

    -Dondo

  4. >Does anyone still make a kid's road bike?

    Yes - but they can be like hen's teeth to locate :) Also be prepared to find them *expensive* in
    relation to other types of kid's bike. Makes .... hmmm... can't remember any specific ones but I
    have seen kids riding road bikes at events over here in the UK - look just like adult road bikes but
    scaled down.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  5. In article <[email protected]>, "Captain Dondo"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Does anyone still make a kid's road bike?
    >
    > I'm looking for something a bit lighter than the steel mountain bike type bikes, with 20" wheels,
    > suitable for a 6 year old.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > -Dondo

    I know that Argon makes a kid's road bike. I've seen a few kids with Argons, which is, of course
    because they are local (Montreal). You won't find them in department stores, however, if that's what
    you're looking for.

    Sometimes I see this father and son, both have argons. The kid looks about 12 or so and they go on
    rides together. The kid keeps up a pretty good clip! The dad looks like a racer or pretty serious
    roadie. I figure great, at least the kid isn't sitting at home eating cheesies and playing DOOM.

  6. [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>, "Captain Dondo"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone still make a kid's road bike?
    > >
    > > I'm looking for something a bit lighter than the steel mountain bike type bikes, with 20"
    > > wheels, suitable for a 6 year old.
    > >
    > > TIA,
    > >
    > > -Dondo
    >
    > I know that Argon makes a kid's road bike. I've seen a few kids with Argons, which is, of course
    > because they are local (Montreal). You won't find them in department stores, however, if that's
    > what you're looking for.
    >
    > Sometimes I see this father and son, both have argons. The kid looks about 12 or so and they go on
    > rides together. The kid keeps up a pretty good clip! The dad looks like a racer or pretty serious
    > roadie. I figure great, at least the kid isn't sitting at home eating cheesies and playing DOOM.

    Nope. He's actually sitting at his friends' house, playing _Return to Castle Wolfenstein_ or _Grand
    Theft Auto: Vice City_.

    -Luigi in a maze of twisty little tunnels, all alike

  7. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    Mon, 19 May 2003 11:38:46 -0400, <[email protected]>, "Captain Dondo"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Mon, 19 May 2003 11:27:38 +0000, Bill Venia Jr wrote:
    >
    >> Divinci bikes
    >
    >Got a web site? All that comes up is a custom tandem maker.... Not quite what I was looking for.
    >
    >-Dondo

    Try "Devinci".

    http://www.devinci.com/

    I didn't see any kid's bikes on their site.
    --
    zk

  8. Effi

    Effi Guest

    go to ebay and search for something like "road bike" or maybe "schwinn" then find the bike she
    wants, then add/fix whatever, much cheaper than a new bike

    this link may work http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2F
    ws%2F&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&from=R7&ebaytag1=ebayreg&query=road+bik
    e&query2=road+bike&search_option=1&exclude=&category0=&minPrice=0&maxPrice=2
    00&ebaytag1code=0&st=&SortProperty=MetaEndSort

    news:p[email protected]...