UK and Europe · Public discussion

Kids' Scooter Recommendation

Started by Dransfield · · Last activity · 2 posts · 491 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
21 February 2005
Last activity
21 February 2005
Original author
Dransfield
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
491
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. After a year of riding a bike with stabilisers my 5 yr old son still hasn't
    learnt to balance, so I've taken the advice of some of you and got him a 2
    wheeled scooter.

    I wanted to get him big wheeled scooter rather than one of those
    micro-scooters, and was looking at £65ish "BMX scooters" (ie. BMX
    handlebars, bike brakes, bike wheels), when I came across this..

    www.bmx-shop.co.uk/shop/productpages/scooter.php

    The Huffy Airwave Scooter for £33 inc delivery.

    I ordered it, it came the next day, and my son is nearly balancing 3 outings
    later!

    Its a great little scooter, - I enjoy riding it myself (eg. to the postbox).
    Yesterday we went to the shops with both of us on it.

    But I can't get over the price. ( esp. as I was in a bike shop at the
    weekend and saw a 'Puky' scooter which is probably excellent quality, but
    looks geeky, does the same job, and is £150!)

    I hope somebody finds this useful,

    Mark

    No connection except happy customer.

  2. PS. also seen them on ebay

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.