Kids Trailer? Where to buy for less

Tribalkev

Guest
I want to get a two seated trailer for my bike to tow the two little ones and was wondering what
trailers people recommended and where to get one from preferably cheap as the eldest wont be able to
fit in it for long.

Cheers Kev

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:35:26 +0100, "TribalKev" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I want to get a two seated trailer for my bike to tow the two little ones and was wondering what
>trailers people recommended and where to get one from preferably cheap as the eldest wont be able
>to fit in it for long.

Small ads in CTC mag etc. are a good bet, there's no particular downside to buying second hand.

Guy
===

In message <[email protected]>, TribalKev
<[email protected]> writes
>I want to get a two seated trailer for my bike to tow the two little ones and was wondering what
>trailers people recommended and where to get one from preferably cheap as the eldest wont be able
>to fit in it for long.

What counts as cheap? (I'll assume < GBP200)

I bought and would recommend a Chariot trailer, but unless you can pick one up second-hand, then I
don't think they would count as cheap. Trek trailers are rebadged Chariots - any oen the well known
brands such as these, Burley, Winchester (now Kool-stop) should be good 2nd hand buys

Phillips do one, which I've seen in the odd cycle shop which has been selling for a reasonably cheap
price compared to the better known makes.

Cheapest I have seen new for sale is the one sold by the Great Little Trading Company - who sell all
sorts of kiddie related stuff.

They have one for GBP 129. It's steel framed, presumably steel rimmed wheels, it probably lacks a
little on the 'niceties' but looks like it would do the job fine.

<http://www.gltc.co.uk/> and search for 'bike trailer'

Two plus Two in Lewes sell the Kiddyvan 101 for GBP 180

<http://www.twoplustwo.uk.com/ctrailers/kv-101.html>

A look on Google Groups will show the previous discussions here on trailers.

<http://www.google.co.uk/advanced_group_search>
--
Chris French, Leeds

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:35:26 +0100, contributor TribalKev had scribed:
> I want to get a two seated trailer for my bike to tow the two little ones and was wondering what
> trailers people recommended and where to get one from preferably cheap as the eldest wont be able
> to fit in it for long.

Burley, Burley D'Lite has a frame the wraps around the wheels and extra elbow room for small
passengers (in the way of a shaped saloon), but you are looking at about £200+ for second-hand (new
£450+), however they do have a good resale value.

The best time to get hold of trailer is at the end of the hire season (Summer), where hire companies
will be selling their 'seasoned' trailers. UK Trailer Ltd, based in Cornwall, not only import Burley
trailers but also hire them out for use on the Camel Trail, at the end of the season they are
refurbished and sold.

Note: the cheaper trailers tend to use wheels that are mounted like those on tricycles and afford
no/little protect to the wheels when clearance is limited, so lookout for type which have
wheels within the outer frame, as strikes against posts may be inevitable since clearance in
many places is a little over 80cm (same as standard outside door frame without door!).

Gary

--

The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.

Originally posted by Tribalkev
I want to get a two seated trailer for my bike to tow the two little ones and was wondering what
trailers people recommended and where to get one from preferably cheap as the eldest wont be able to
fit in it for long.

Cheers Kev

Hi Kev..If you are still looking I have a two plus two Chariot for 2 children, we have the optional extras of Jogging Kit and Stroller Kit. Blue & Red .VGC, Children too big. Cost alot around £470. Looking for £200.

http://www.twoplustwo.uk.com/

LEt me know