Kid's U-brake levers?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by [email protected], Dec 28, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    My son has some Tektro MTB levers on his new bike. They have a
    set-screw to adjust the reach of the lever, but it is far from optimal.
    The pivot could be at least 1.5-2cm closer to the bar and the levers
    could have a different angle to suit kid's hands. Particularly with
    winter gloves, grabbing the levers significantly compromises his
    ability to hold the bar securely at the same time.

    Any suggestions on good kid-optimized U-brake levers?

    Joseph

    Tags:

  2. Zonta

    Zonta Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > My son has some Tektro MTB levers on his new bike. They have a
    > set-screw to adjust the reach of the lever, but it is far from optimal.
    > The pivot could be at least 1.5-2cm closer to the bar and the levers
    > could have a different angle to suit kid's hands. Particularly with
    > winter gloves, grabbing the levers significantly compromises his
    > ability to hold the bar securely at the same time.
    >
    > Any suggestions on good kid-optimized U-brake levers?

    My kids have the same problems, makes me feel that makers of those
    bikes don't have kids, otherwise they would have known it much better.

    Anyway, I have no knowledge of kid-optimized brake levers, instead I
    have the adjusting screws fully turned in, to allow that, I had to
    loosen the brake cable at the tumblers. Having the adjusting screws
    fully turned in helps a bit, not a perfect solution, but at least my
    kids will be able to operate them.