Kill 'em all!

g.daniels wrote:
> eliminate monotony

But, but...you say that all the time!

Bill "confounded" S.

Robin Hubert wrote:
> "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:%[email protected]...
>> g.daniels wrote:
>>> eliminate monotony
>>
>> But, but...you say that all the time!
>
> Get it straight, Bill. It's butbutbutbutbut ....

Less roughage.

Bill "barumbum" S.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:55:23 GMT, "Robin Hubert"
<[email protected]> may have said:

>"S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:%[email protected]...
>> g.daniels wrote:
>> > eliminate monotony
>>
>> But, but...you say that all the time!
>
>Get it straight, Bill. It's butbutbutbutbut ....

Until you open the throttle too fast, then it's coughsputterdie.

it's also possible that I'm busy.

well, ifn yawl can't find something to do at this juncture...

but one rider suggested a set of hardwood rollers, a sixpack, and some stones-metallica-savoy brown
tapes wud set yawl up right.

On 30 Jan 2004 08:59:14 -0800, [email protected] (g.daniels) wrote:
>well, ifn yawl can't find something to do at this juncture...

If'n you aint the grandaddy of all liars! The little critters of nature... They don't know that
they're ugly! That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumblebee! <scottish accent>I told you I'd shoot!
But you didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me?!</scottish accent>

Who would have thought that there was a Ren & Stimpy faq...

>but one rider suggested a set of hardwood rollers, a sixpack, and some

Hardwood rollers? If I only had a lathe.

I wonder if I can do it with kitchen rolling pins...I could screw a discarded front hub to one side,
rear to the other, and connect the front roller to the rear with a bike chain. Hah! The answer to my
"Roll your own rollers" thread, finally!

It might actually work. I'll have to photo-document it if I do it.

Materials: Three 2x4s, three kitchen rolling pins, 4 front hubs, 2 rear hubs with
cassettes/freewheels, a couple chains to join, an old derailer as a tension arm, misc screws.

I may be more coherent, but I'm no more sane than you are.

>stones-metallica-savoy brown tapes wud set yawl up right.

Stones-Megadeth-Sawyer Brown more likely. Throw in some Toby Keith for good measure.

Hmm...gotta get some damn rollers and try Megadeth as motivational music.
--
Rick Onanian

Rick Onanian wrote:
> I wonder if I can do it with kitchen rolling pins...I could screw a discarded front hub to one
> side, rear to the other, and connect the front roller to the rear with a bike chain.

A good rolling pin should have bearings built in; no need to add the hubs. And you could eliminate
the chain if you spun the rolling pin with the back wheel of the bike while someone else carved a
groove for a belt. Sort of a dangerous homemade lathe.

I don't suspect the bearings or the roundness of the rolling pin are much good for the required
speed, though.

Dave dvt at psu dot edu

I wouldn't use a good one; remember, I'm trying to be a cheap ******* here.

>hubs. And you could eliminate the chain if you spun the rolling pin with the back wheel of the bike
>while someone else carved a groove for a belt. Sort of a dangerous homemade lathe.

Wow! Human Powered Lathe. I could make a whole setup out of it...then I'd have a nice lathe. I
could...umm...turn stuff.

>I don't suspect the bearings or the roundness of the rolling pin are much good for the required
>speed, though.

Maybe I have to go back to the previous idea of schedule 40 PVC pipe. Any idea if that's
sufficiently round, or for that matter, strong?

--
Rick Onanian

Rick Onanian wrote:
> Maybe I have to go back to the previous idea of schedule 40 PVC pipe. Any idea if that's
> sufficiently round, or for that matter, strong?

It's not typically very round. Take a short scrap piece and roll it fast over a smooth floor. It
might be strong enough, so maybe you could put it together and use your human-powered lathe to
round it out.

Dave dvt at psu dot edu

http://www.businesscycles.com/graphics/marinoni_pista7.jpg
http://www.businesscycles.com/graphics/DSC01133.jpg
http://www.businesscycles.com/graphics/DSC00722.JPG (*big* file)
http://www.businesscycles.com/graphics/io_dog.jpg (against wall)

>Hmm...gotta get some damn rollers and try Megadeth as motivational music.

Roller music is googleable. Vivaldi's never mentioned.
-------------------------------
John Dacey Business Cycles, Miami, Florida Now in our twenty-first year. Our catalogue of track
equipment: eighth year online. http://www.businesscycles.com

John Dacey <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:46:01 -0500, Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >On 30 Jan 2004 08:59:14 -0800, [email protected] (g.daniels) wrote:
>
> >>but one rider suggested a set of hardwood rollers, a sixpack, and some
> >
> >Hardwood rollers? If I only had a lathe.
>
> http://www.businesscycles.com/graphics/marinoni_pista7.jpg
> http://www.businesscycles.com/graphics/DSC01133.jpg
> http://www.businesscycles.com/graphics/DSC00722.JPG (*big* file)
> http://www.businesscycles.com/graphics/io_dog.jpg (against wall)
>

> >Hmm...gotta get some damn rollers and try Megadeth as motivational music.
>
> Roller music is googleable. Vivaldi's never mentioned.
> -------------------------------
> John Dacey

Dear John,

A larger model of this kind of roller would let you roam freely around the shop:

http://www.petsmart.com/small%5Fanimal/shopping/the%5Fhamster%5F%5F%5Fgerbil%5Fshop/toys/products/p-
roduct%5F27153.shtml

Alas, Vivaldi wrote nothing for hamsters.

Carl Fogel

"Nimia familiaritas parit contemptum." - Syrus
On 30 Jan 2004 19:27:20 -0800, [email protected] (Carl Fogel)
wrote:

>John Dacey wrote...

>> Roller music is googleable. Vivaldi's never mentioned.

>Alas, Vivaldi wrote nothing for hamsters.

Quite. The "Rote Priest" appealed mostly to lemmings.

-------------------------------
John Dacey Business Cycles, Miami, Florida http://www.businesscycles.com Now in our twenty-first
year. Our catalog of track equipment: eighth year online
-------------------------------

John Dacey <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Nimia familiaritas parit contemptum." - Syrus On 30 Jan 2004 19:27:20 -0800,
> [email protected] (Carl Fogel) wrote:
>
> >John Dacey wrote...
>
> >> Roller music is googleable. Vivaldi's never mentioned.
>

> >Alas, Vivaldi wrote nothing for hamsters.
>
> Quite. The "Rote Priest" appealed mostly to lemmings.

> John Dacey

Dear John,

Touché!

Carl Fogel