Killer Workout

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by Alex Simmons, Mar 18, 2008.

1. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Hey. Feck off... I resemble that remark!!! :D

2. EmPat

EmPat New Member

When it starts to hurt get some strychnine in those veins.

3. 11ring

11ring New Member

I am very suprised that you have not included any one legged drills, these can do wonders for your pedalling style, especially when combined with the powercranks.

4. bing181

bing181 New Member

Living in Belgium, and riding in Belgium, I'd have to say that I've NEVER been offered warm soup, much less tea, post-event or training. Waffles, beer and hot dogs yes, warm soup .. what do you think we are!

As an aside, on my one "big" event ride in France, we were definitely offered warm soup etc.

B

5. Alex Simmons

Alex Simmons Member

:eek::p

6. Felt_Rider

Felt_Rider Active Member

We were just shooting for near death experiences.

If we were trying to get rid of you we would have suggested being a bike messenger in New York city for part of your training. :) But I imagine if you really did the bike messenger thing your bike handling skills like latching onto a fast moving cargo truck will be greatly enhanced.

7. Felt_Rider

Felt_Rider Active Member

Speaking of which, I will be returning to the mountain route tomorrow morning where I had my bad crash last September. I am sure after this first visit back I will be replacing my brake pads.......cause I know I am going to be a bit aprehensive. :eek: :(

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3948027

8. swampy1970

I remember reading an article by Walter Planckaert where he said sometimes in winter he'd do a 4 hour ride, get back home and "thaw out" - have some tea and hot soup and go out and ride for another 4 hours or until it got too dark.... That's pretty much what I was implying.

Alex, since you're doing that cool trainer project - what you could do is skip the powercranks and just slice the bottom bracket axle in half. Independant crank rotation right there - save yourself $1000

9. Piotr

Piotr New Member

Alex, after you've done all your squats, curls, and yoga, and dialed in your indoor 8% grade position while spinning perfect circles on Shimano Biopace cranks and monitoring your pulse on the most expensive HR monitor you can find, I strongly suggest that you invest into some good quality Perceived Exertion monitor as well. Ultimately, watts may tell you how you're doing, but only a brand name PE monitor will tell you how you feel about it.

:D

10. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

Sounds like you might as well plug it into the national grid so to reduce Australia's carbon emissions.

11. swampy1970

How about a reworked Mavic Zap electric gear system... Hit the down button to drop it into a smaller cog, hit the up botton and you get 30amps through the fingers to remind you that you can't slow down when training....

Power the gear shifting system by a dynamo.... more speed, faster gear changes, more pain!!!

How 'bout some Rotor cranks (R4S) equiped with Rotor Q-Rings.

How about a set of Rock Shocks on the front of the bike to help you train through an earthquake... Of course you'll need a Snell/ANSI approved helmet just incase.

12. john979

john979 New Member

Get a Dominatrix with a whip to remind you to "pull-up" and "pedal in circles".

13. swampy1970

That'll be less painfull, not as rewarding as using Power Cranks....

... but it could be SOOOO much more fun.

:D