Killer Workout

Well you guys have really over complicated things.

Therefore, since Swampy gave me the idea of using electric current and since I am seeing the electronic stim devices available in the magazines I am going to just buy one and improve my muscularity and endurance levels through electronic stimulation while sitting on the couch or fishing at my favorite lake.

Monday through Friday Electronic Stimulation intervals in zone 4 (HOEP - Hour of Electric Power)
Saturday and Sunday will be rest days

Of course someone will have to analyze and come up with these new zones, but I imagine zone 4 will be just slightly under interrogation levels used by governing authorties if the device is capable of such output.

Felt_Rider said:
Well you guys have really over complicated things.

Therefore, since Swampy gave me the idea of using electric current and since I am seeing the electronic stim devices available in the magazines I am going to just buy one and improve my muscularity and endurance levels through electronic stimulation while sitting on the couch or fishing at my favorite lake.

Monday through Friday Electronic Stimulation intervals in zone 4 (HOEP - Hour of Electric Power)
Saturday and Sunday will be rest days

Of course someone will have to analyze and come up with these new zones, but I imagine zone 4 will be just slightly under interrogation levels used by governing authorties if the device is capable of such output.
That would be about an hour of interrogation. Now that's what I call FPT - Functional Pain Threshold :eek::D

Alex Simmons said:
That would be about an hour of interrogation. Now that's what I call FPT - Functional Pain Threshold :eek::D
Hmmmm, how much TSS do I earn for an hour of waterboarding :eek:

Alex Simmons said:
I was thinking up a new killer training workout for when I get back to riding. It goes something like:

On the indoor trainer
with the heater on to acclimatise to summer racing
and front wheel raised to simulate climbing (using Sydney's white and yellow pages of course)
and Active Spokes on the rear wheel
at low cadence, strength-endurance style (so my capilliaries don't explode)
riding intervals at anaerobic threshold heart rate for 10-min (as determined by a Conconi test)
using power cranks
with elliptical chainrings
while breathing thru a powerbreathe device
in a high altitude tent
and for rest intervals I jump off and do a weight set.

Afterwards a cold bath so lactic acid is flushed away.

but was wondering if anyone could help me add some other killer elements....
:p
No water or sports drink allowed. And while on the "Atkins" diet. Carbs are evil eh? :p

rmur17 said:
No water or sports drink allowed. And while on the "Atkins" diet. Carbs are evil eh? :p
Except for Dave. He needs the water for the waterboarding.
Remember Dave the water is not for drinking while trying to reach FPT

How does that work anyway?
Some one uses a water pistol on you while you are on the trainer:confused:

Hang the trainer upside down from the ceiling so you can work your arms also and do a quick release system to simulate crashes.

Make sure you do it first thing in the morning before you eat anything so you get that extra fat burn throughout the day.

Felt_Rider said:
but I imagine zone 4 will be just slightly under interrogation levels used by governing authorties if the device is capable of such output.
Why limit yourself? Crank it up! Have some fun with it, dude! <insert evil grin emoticon>
daveryanwyoming said:
Hmmmm, how much TSS do I earn for an hour of waterboarding :eek:
Zero. Since it isn't official policy, it isn't considered an official workout. :mad:

Steve_B said:
I'll build you a wheel with inactive spokes. ;)
Spinergy wheels on the rollers? I guess they have to be good for something! Lubricate the bearings with snake oil.

That "remove the saddle" suggestion - would that count as EPO usage, (Embedded Prostate Obstruction?)

:eek:

swampy1970 said:
Spinergy wheels on the rollers? I guess they have to be good for something! Lubricate the bearings with snake oil.

That "remove the saddle" suggestion - would that count as EPO usage, (Embedded Prostate Obstruction?)

:eek:
Stop right there! Snake oil is where I draw the line.:mad: What would be the fun in racing if everyone is equally good? The use of snake oil should never be allowed! Having said that, what would be the best way to test for the use of snake oil?

Piotr said:
Stop right there! Snake oil is where I draw the line.:mad: What would be the fun in racing if everyone is equally good? The use of snake oil should never be allowed! Having said that, what would be the best way to test for the use of snake oil?
Take a look at post number 1 from this thread for some ideas on what to look for.

You might want to put that rig on a Rock and Roll trainer and bring your cadence up to the point where it starts bouncing like a diving board to simulate early spring potholes.

Alex Simmons said:
I was thinking up a new killer training workout for when I get back to riding. It goes something like:

On the indoor trainer
with the heater on to acclimatise to summer racing
and front wheel raised to simulate climbing (using Sydney's white and yellow pages of course)
and Active Spokes on the rear wheel
at low cadence, strength-endurance style (so my capilliaries don't explode)
riding intervals at anaerobic threshold heart rate for 10-min (as determined by a Conconi test)
using power cranks
with elliptical chainrings
while breathing thru a powerbreathe device
in a high altitude tent
and for rest intervals I jump off and do a weight set.

Afterwards a cold bath so lactic acid is flushed away.

but was wondering if anyone could help me add some other killer elements....
:p

Instead of a uber expensive hypoxic tent, you could buy a big walk in freezer. Put the trainer in there and set the temp to 28F. Get a big fan and get a nice 20 mph breeze going... Put on the thermal gear and wooly hat and spend hours riding in 42x20 at 6 million rpm and stop half way through for some warm soup and a cup o' tea then do another 5 hours.

Make sure you put big fat training tires and mudguards on the bike too for added comfort. If you get someone to give you a quick spray down with cow **** and fill the room with the smell of rotting brussel sprouts then you can say you spent the day training in mid-winter Belgium.

Make it really hard...

Invite your mother over while doing this workout and ask her to recite her “ reasons my son should stop this silly bike racing thing and get a real job” list.

Why just limit all the pain to the physical aspect….

swampy1970 said:
Instead of a uber expensive hypoxic tent, you could buy a big walk in freezer. Put the trainer in there and set the temp to 28F. Get a big fan and get a nice 20 mph breeze going... Put on the thermal gear and wooly hat and spend hours riding in 42x20 at 6 million rpm and stop half way through for some warm soup and a cup o' tea then do another 5 hours.

Make sure you put big fat training tires and mudguards on the bike too for added comfort. If you get someone to give you a quick spray down with cow **** and fill the room with the smell of rotting brussel sprouts then you can say you spent the day training in mid-winter Belgium.

You don't need no stinking tent. Just put plastic bag over your head and tie it around your neck.

Add a wight vest and a wool hat. Use beer as recovery drink. add a small black and wite TV with no cable for entertainment.