Kind of wierd body problem

Zane288

Jan 19, 2008
Kind of an embarassing problem, but I need some tips because it is interfering- I've been riding for a while now, but this is the first time I've run into this... My skin is dry in the winter, so I've been running into some odd problems. Basically, to put it bluntly, there is an area of skin, below the waist, between two parts of anatomy, some know as the "taint/gooch" whatever... that has rubbed raw from riding so much. It is horribly painful, especially when I'm riding... unfortunately because of my program i'm on I can't exactly take a break from cycling to let it clear up... Has anyone ever run into this/ have any tips on how to treat it?

Reactions: haleylx4
Zane288 said:
Kind of an embarassing problem, but I need some tips because it is interfering- I've been riding for a while now, but this is the first time I've run into this... My skin is dry in the winter, so I've been running into some odd problems. Basically, to put it bluntly, there is an area of skin, below the waist, between two parts of anatomy, some know as the "taint/gooch" whatever... that has rubbed raw from riding so much. It is horribly painful, especially when I'm riding... unfortunately because of my program i'm on I can't exactly take a break from cycling to let it clear up... Has anyone ever run into this/ have any tips on how to treat it?

Use chamois creme when you ride. Also after a ride and a shower slather some moisturizer on the offending spot. If you'd like to combine a little fun with the slathering, you can have a loved one, **** buddy, friend, or paid professional do the slathering for you.

You might also check your saddle position.

or failing chamois creme if you can't get hold of any at short notice, most pharmacists stock a sweat rash cream that larger people put on their folds, (yum!), to prevent skin break down. The only thing I would not use is petroleum
jelly as I'm told it blocks pores and actually inhibits sweating, (not good for the skin).

Along with the other suggestions, you might try a saddle that has a center cutout so that the effected portion of your anatomy does not have any direct contact with the saddle.

It's possible you also have a fungus infection mixed in with the mess: it's a prime area for it.

A friend of mine had the same problem. he put on Arbonne Cream. I'm not sure where he got it. But it cleared it up fast and prevented it from coming back as often.

Jake

Zane288 said:

chamois creme is a good preventer. I put a lot on then I slide around on the saddle. It feels goood tooo. Good luck.

Aside from the suggestions above you should always use clean shorts.

You also did not specify the exact cause of being rubbed raw. Is it general over the whole area or is it confined to a few areas? If it is just a few areas that are chafing, one thing that can help is to use several different kinds of shorts. Each have a little different chamois design so even though each may eventually cause chafing problem if they are worn every day, by cycling through several designs you prevent any one area from being chafed day after day.

This sounds like a personal problem. It's not funny but the posts kind of are. Rug burn, road burn, seat burn, what ever you want to call it. The seat change up and any specialty skin protectant. Ball burn protection.
I wonder if they have anything for women. The wrong seat can do some damage. Not exactly chapping though. It just kills the butt. Nobody should use the seat that a bike comes with. They all suck.

If there's a fungal infection, try a cream for yeast infection. Works on guys, too.