Kinetic Rock & Roll Road Trainer

labatt

Aug 31, 2003
Hello All -

I'm looking to buy my wife a trainer for her birthday. She's been doing half-Ironmen and will be doing the Lake Placid Ironman next year. Obviously, she is doing a bit of training :) I cycle myself, but not quite to the extent she does!

I was about to buy the TacX Satori trainer (liked the portability among other things) when I stumbled across the Kurt Kinetic Rock & Roll trainer. It seems like a cool idea, but as many cool ideas don't pan out in reality, I wanted to see if anyone here has one or has used one and can comment on it. So, can anyone share any actual usage info with me?

Thanks!

I have the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine and like it alot. It is quiet and seems to have a pretty consistent power curve. I've never used the Rock & Roll trainer, but the person that set up my bike had one. He said that he liked it although the first time he leaned over to grab the TV remote while on it he almost fell off the bike.

labatt said:
*Bump*

Anyone?

I also have the Road Machine version - no complaints.

No experience with the rock n roll version though - sorry.

The standard KK Road Machine is great but the Rock and Roll trainer is like training on a diving board when I get above 90rpm so I can't use it.:(