Kinetics of Microbial Inactivation for Alternative Food Processing Technologies

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Anth, Mar 13, 2004.

  1. Anth

    Anth Guest

    Tags:

  2. Tsu Dho Nimh

    Tsu Dho Nimh Guest

    "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Note that I am not claiming that this is a 'zapper' or
    >indeed that a zapper can produce field strengths shown.
    >http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~comm/ift-pef.html

    "High intensity pulsed electric field (PEF) processing
    involves the application of pulses of high voltage
    (typically 20 - 80 kV/cm) to foods placed between 2
    electrodes."

    That's kV ... hundreds of volts, versus the zapper's 9V.

    And they are STERILIZING the food. That treatment would kill
    human cells.

    Tsu Dho Nimh

    --
    When businesses invoke the "protection of consumers," it's a
    lot like politicians invoking morality and children - grab

  3. Eric Bohlman

    Eric Bohlman Guest

  4. Gymmy Bob

    Gymmy Bob Guest

    Voltage doesn't mean shit. It can be transformed up or down
    to any level you want. I sent a guy flying over the back of
    a high backed office chair with a 9volt battery once.

    Don't go where you do not understand and then make strong
    statements.

    "Eric Bohlman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Tsu Dho Nimh <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > That's kV ... hundreds of volts, versus the zapper's 9V.
    >
    > ITYM "thousands" of volts.

  5. Tsu Dho Nimh

    Tsu Dho Nimh Guest

    "Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Voltage doesn't mean shit. It can be transformed up or down
    >to any level you want. I sent a guy flying over the back of
    >a high backed office chair with a 9volt battery once.

    Yes, but if you look at the plans for the Zapper ... there
    is nothing in the circuit to change the voltage, and no caps
    big enough to store much of anything.

    Yes, I know how to read schematics and build circuits.

    Tsu Dho Nimh