Kirsten Gum Redux-DoDo

alpo69

Aug 7, 2003
Hi All! Just found and signed up on this forum site. As an ex-racer, I love it. I also love and compete in BASS tournaments. Who has been a 'color analyst' on ESPN's B.A.S.S. tournament television coverage this year and gagging me with her lack of knowledge and has had ZERO involvement in bass fishing let alone my sacred sport of bicycle racing? Kirsten "oh no,not her again" Gum. Yes, and on today's OLN Summer Sport Zone broadcast who should appear before my 'still bleeding from the TDF' eyes as the new co-host? That's right my freewheelin' friends, Kirsten F'ing Gum!! PLEEEEEEEEEEASE NO MORE!!!!!! Thanks for lending your ears (eyes) to my rant. Talk at ya soon-- Alex

Originally posted by alpo69
Hi All! Just found and signed up on this forum site. As an ex-racer, I love it. I also love and compete in BASS tournaments. Who has been a 'color analyst' on ESPN's B.A.S.S. tournament television coverage this year and gagging me with her lack of knowledge and has had ZERO involvement in bass fishing let alone my sacred sport of bicycle racing? Kirsten "oh no,not her again" Gum. Yes, and on today's OLN Summer Sport Zone broadcast who should appear before my 'still bleeding from the TDF' eyes as the new co-host? That's right my freewheelin' friends, Kirsten F'ing Gum!! PLEEEEEEEEEEASE NO MORE!!!!!! Thanks for lending your ears (eyes) to my rant. Talk at ya soon-- Alex

Knowledge smoledge. Kristen just needs a good spankin'.

rook, they put her there cause she's hot.

She looks better than any of the "usual" people willing to talk about fish all day.

K.

nero, maybe because you dont have good taste is why you dont find her attractive, perhaps bob roll is more to your likeing?

Kirsten Gum is sooooo hot I even told my wife that I was in love with her...

Don't know about the rest of you, but I thought she did a commendable job on the Tour... She might not have been able to really get into the depth of the subject matter, but I found her to be Bright, upbeat, and enthusiastic.

One thing I noticed is that she had a very vibrant presence, which wasn't struck from the level of suspension of disbelief by any "ummm's" or "uhhhh" pauses that sometimes plague other commentators.

You may have doubts about her credentials or her qualifications to speak on the subject, but no where did I see or hear any indication of her professing to be anything other than an enthusiast. That in my mind was the perfect hook to draw in viewers who might not have insight to the complexities of the sport. Brilliantly played. After all, Phil, Paul and Bob are the subject matter experts... If you had the biking erudite droning on and on constantly, that becomes tiresome even for seasoned fans...

You have to have something to bounce that knowledge off of, like the sounding board for the common man (or person, to be pc)

I like her, and I think she would be fun to hang out with for an evening, at least more so than Paul and Phil *laughing*

Have a good one!

Dare I say it! I want to know how her bottom half looks! LoL!

Feanor

i just watched oln's road to the tour, the debut show for 2004 tdfrance, has see had some kind of makeover? she looks good, but different, larger in some areas ...

I just saw kirsten gum on oln's road to paris... did she get implants? She's at least a DD cup now what the hell?

Maybe she's coming out of hibernation and just needs to shed some lbs like Jan Ullrich. Or maybe it was that blue sweater... something wasn't normal though and as wild as Bob Roll is, I'm surprised he didn't make light of them.

Well her hair is definitely different and her boobs look much bigger. She had to have had a **** job. They weren't that big last year and women her age aren't getting bigger unless they've been knocked up. Kristen didn't look pregnant.

BTW.. I don't mind her work and OLN should keep her.

I felt the same way when I tuned into the Road to the Tour last night! I thought - oh no - not HER again. I want someone who at least has a CLUE about cycling and the people involved in it. And her voice drives me crazy. And, yes, she obviously had a **** job - that was the first thing my husband said too.

I thought she was fine on the TdF coverage last year. She's supposed to be the "straight person", as far as I'm concerned, and I don't need every person in the booth to be the "expert".

She handles her job with enthusiasm, she's a pretty face, she's actually pretty innocuous to me.

I haven't seen this year's OLN coverage yet to see her "enhancements", so I can't comment on that.

The enhancements to OLN's Cycling Coverage are well appreciated! From Frankie, Alex, Richard and the Spanish guy providing reports - you sure can tell that OLN has upped the coverage for this season. However, one can't help to notice Kristen's enhancements from Category 2 to Hors Category - Even my wife noticed the **** job!
Keep up the good work OLN!
Watchout NASCAR!

Could someone submit a picture of said enhancements? I am not sure I can wait to see them on VHS tonight...

Originally posted by mvcycle
Could someone submit a picture of said enhancements? I am not sure I can wait to see them on VHS tonight...

Last year it was painful watching Andreu do those interviews and techie bits - he was just so out of his element. This year he's much better but Vaughters is worse than Andreu ever was. Gum's a hundred times better than either one of them.

Originally posted by mvcycle

here you go.