Kitchen JPEG

wafflycat wrote:

> "Brian G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Turning 60 isn't all bad, if you have a wife who knows what a birthday
>> present should be! (Aravis Super Tourer, from Byercycles).
>>
>> See http://www.wetwo.co.uk/pictures/Aravis.jpg

> Jar of Marmite's a bit on the small side. Should have gone for the
> bigger jar. ;-)

Have you any idea how much searching it took to find that jar at the
back of the cupboard, just to comply with a urc rule that must have been
made one day when I wasn't looking? :)

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk

"Brian G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> wafflycat wrote:
>>
>> "Brian G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Turning 60 isn't all bad, if you have a wife who knows what a birthday
>>> present should be! (Aravis Super Tourer, from Byercycles).
>>>
>>> See http://www.wetwo.co.uk/pictures/Aravis.jpg

>> Jar of Marmite's a bit on the small side. Should have gone for the bigger
>> jar. ;-)
>>

> Have you any idea how much searching it took to find that jar at the back
> of the cupboard, just to comply with a urc rule that must have been made
> one day when I wasn't looking? :)

Excuses... excuses... ;-)

Brian G wrote:

> Turning 60 isn't all bad, if you have a wife who knows what a birthday
> present should be! (Aravis Super Tourer, from Byercycles).
>
> See http://www.wetwo.co.uk/pictures/Aravis.jpg

Where can I get a Nescafe jersey?

John B

P.S. Your wine rack needs serious re-stocking

Brian G wrote:

> Turning 60 isn't all bad, if you have a wife who knows what a birthday
> present should be! (Aravis Super Tourer, from Byercycles).
>
> See http://www.wetwo.co.uk/pictures/Aravis.jpg

Photos of this sort are useful on occasions when you want to remind
yourself that "Yep, that bit was once silver."

--
***My real address is m/ike at u/nmusic d/ot co dot u/k (removing /s)
http://www.unmusic.co.uk - about me, music, geek sitcom etc.

John B wrote:

> P.S. Your wine rack needs serious re-stocking

Wine rack? That's just where we pop the daily supply when the butler
brings it from the cellar...
--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk

Hey, go **** on someone else's parade! :)

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 18:35:12 +0000, Brian G <[email protected]>
wrote:

>wafflycat wrote:
>>
>> "Brian G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Turning 60 isn't all bad, if you have a wife who knows what a birthday
>>> present should be! (Aravis Super Tourer, from Byercycles).
>>>
>>> See http://www.wetwo.co.uk/pictures/Aravis.jpg

>> Jar of Marmite's a bit on the small side. Should have gone for the
>> bigger jar. ;-)
>>

>Have you any idea how much searching it took to find that jar at the
>back of the cupboard, just to comply with a urc rule that must have been
>made one day when I wasn't looking? :)

The rule is more flexible than that.

A bottle of London Pride, ESB bitter, an A-Z of London, a jar of
Coleman's Mustard, a packet of Soreen, a tin of Heinz Baked Beans,
Irn-Bru, Scottish, Welsh or British flags would all have sufficed;
you'd achieve bonus points for a skeleton, a Beano, Popeye or the
Jolly Roger, and double bonus points for an ant eater.

The Nescafe and Robinson's Fruit Squash are definitely negative
scores.

in message <[email protected]>, Tom Crispin
('[email protected]') wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 18:35:12 +0000, Brian G <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>wafflycat wrote:
>>>
>>> "Brian G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Jar of Marmite's a bit on the small side. Should have gone for the
>>> bigger jar. ;-)
>>>

>>Have you any idea how much searching it took to find that jar at the
>>back of the cupboard, just to comply with a urc rule that must have been
>>made one day when I wasn't looking? :)

> The rule is more flexible than that.
>
> A bottle of London Pride, ESB bitter, an A-Z of London, a jar of
> Coleman's Mustard, a packet of Soreen, a tin of Heinz Baked Beans,
> Irn-Bru, Scottish, Welsh or British flags would all have sufficed;
> you'd achieve bonus points for a skeleton, a Beano, Popeye or the
> Jolly Roger, and double bonus points for an ant eater.

Oooh, I see Soreen has joined the Qualifying Brands. Nice one!

;; killing [afghan|iraqi] civilians is not 'justice'

Tom Crispin wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 18:35:12 +0000, Brian G <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>wafflycat wrote:
>>
>>>"Brian G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Jar of Marmite's a bit on the small side. Should have gone for the
>>>bigger jar. ;-)
>>>

>>Have you any idea how much searching it took to find that jar at the
>>back of the cupboard, just to comply with a urc rule that must have been
>>made one day when I wasn't looking? :)

> The rule is more flexible than that.
>
> A bottle of London Pride, ESB bitter, an A-Z of London, a jar of
> Coleman's Mustard, a packet of Soreen, a tin of Heinz Baked Beans,
> Irn-Bru, Scottish, Welsh or British flags would all have sufficed;
> you'd achieve bonus points for a skeleton, a Beano, Popeye or the
> Jolly Roger, and double bonus points for an ant eater.
>
> The Nescafe and Robinson's Fruit Squash are definitely negative
> scores.

You forgot the fish.

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

One tentacle, one vote.

Brian G wrote:

> Have you any idea how much searching it took to find that jar at the
> back of the cupboard, just to comply with a urc rule that must have been
> made one day when I wasn't looking? :)

I *H A T E* Marmite and have/had none in the house so I had to use a
box of Oxos , ah well.

--
www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk

"killermike" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Brian G wrote:
>
>> Turning 60 isn't all bad, if you have a wife who knows what a birthday
>> present should be! (Aravis Super Tourer, from Byercycles).
>>
>> See http://www.wetwo.co.uk/pictures/Aravis.jpg

> Photos of this sort are useful on occasions when you want to remind
> yourself that "Yep, that bit was once silver."

I don't think they're silver anyway, they look like brass or something to
me.
Peter

soup wrote:
> Brian G wrote:
>

>> Have you any idea how much searching it took to find that jar at the
>> back of the cupboard, just to comply with a urc rule that must have
>> been made one day when I wasn't looking? :)

> I *H A T E* Marmite and have/had none in the house so I had to use a
> box of Oxos , ah well.

not enough wine in the rack either

In article <[email protected]>, nadir
[email protected] says...
> soup wrote:
> > Brian G wrote:
> >

> >> Have you any idea how much searching it took to find that jar at the
> >> back of the cupboard, just to comply with a urc rule that must have
> >> been made one day when I wasn't looking? :)

> > I *H A T E* Marmite and have/had none in the house so I had to use a
> > box of Oxos , ah well.
> >

> not enough wine in the rack either

But it was full this afternoon. :)

On 9 Mar, 17:59, Brian G <[email protected]> wrote:
> Turning 60 isn't all bad, if you have a wife who knows what a birthday
> present should be! (Aravis Super Tourer, from Byercycles).
>
> See http://www.wetwo.co.uk/pictures/Aravis.jpg
> --
> Brian Gwww.wetwo.co.uk

Quick question, as I have been meaning to pop down to Mr Byers shop
since the New Year.

Have been trying to decide whether to go for the Aravis or splash out
more and go for the Tifosi.

Wondered what was the basis for your choice ...

MW