Kitchen Passes

Woodbutcher

May 23, 2006
:rolleyes: As most of the world, I work full time, have kids, and have a wife with little affection for road racing. I've negotiated 2 kitchen passes during the work week and 1 for the weekend (3 ride days).

Now, I'm trying to follow the Carmickle Training program but the lightest training program outlined is a 4 day ride week. Can I run 1 day during lunch as a 'close enough" substitute for a ride day?

If not...what shall I do.

Sounds like you need a trainer. FWIW, running won't help your cycling but will contribute to general fitness. Trainers with power meters are great for training and fitness testing. Even trainers with speedometers are good because you can work out training levels based on speed.

Woodbutcher said:
:rolleyes: As most of the world, I work full time, have kids, and have a wife with little affection for road racing. I've negotiated 2 kitchen passes during the work week and 1 for the weekend (3 ride days).

Now, I'm trying to follow the Carmickle Training program but the lightest training program outlined is a 4 day ride week. Can I run 1 day during lunch as a 'close enough" substitute for a ride day?

If not...what shall I do.
There are some guys here with similar wives...they all ride at 5am before work. The trainer w/PT before work may be a better bet, in an hour you could do some killer intervals and cut down on the amount of coffee you need in the morning.

I'm lucky, my wife is into my cycling and wants me to get out as much as possible, comes to races and is pretty supportive of the whole thing.

Get a new wife?

3 days, you'll hang on in your current category. Make every ride as hard and long as you can. Don't worry about recovery days. Funny, with your constraints I think professional coaching assistance is warranted: Get A Plan.