Kiwi fruit - frozen?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Murphassoc, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Murphassoc

    Murphassoc Guest

    Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a dozen kiwi or more, so now am
    concerned belatedly about spoilage. Has anyone any info on whether they freeze successfully? Thanks
    in advance, JM

    Tags:

  2. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    MurphAssoc wrote:
    > Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a dozen kiwi or more, so now am
    > concerned belatedly about spoilage. Has anyone any info on whether they freeze successfully?
    > Thanks in advance, JM

    Don't think so... they'd turn to mush (IMHO)

    Jill

  3. Katra

    Katra Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (MurphAssoc) wrote:

    > Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a dozen kiwi or more, so now am
    > concerned belatedly about spoilage. Has anyone any info on whether they freeze successfully?
    > Thanks in advance, JM

    Me and my sister froze them, but not to preserve them. ;-)

    Frozen kiwi is delish'. Cut the top off and spoon out the frozen kiwi and eat like ice cream. ;-d

    K.

    --
    Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

    >,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katra at centurytel dot net>,,<

  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

    MurphAssoc wrote:

    > Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a dozen kiwi or more, so now am
    > concerned belatedly about spoilage. Has anyone any info on whether they freeze successfully?

    Peel and puree them. Freeze in a container. Instant sherbet. You can add sugar or cream or any of
    the other ingredients that find their way into frozen confections. Or you could make old-fashioned,
    too many eggs, too much cream ice cream.

    Pastorio

  5. Murphassoc

    Murphassoc Guest

    Oooooooh, old fashioned, too many eggs ice cream YUMMMMMMMMMMM and thanks all, for the ideas. JM

  6. Denise~*

    Denise~* Guest

    On 16 Feb 2004 18:39:30 GMT, [email protected] (MurphAssoc) wrote:

    >Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a dozen kiwi or more, so now am
    >concerned belatedly about spoilage. Has anyone any info on whether they freeze successfully? Thanks
    >in advance, JM

    Found on rec.food.recipes

    Kiwi Jam

    3 cup chopped kiwi 1 pkt powdered pectin 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice 4 cup sugar

    Combine kiwi, pectin, and pineapple juice in large pot. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add
    sugar, stirring until dissolved. Return to a rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
    Remove from heat. Ladle into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space. Adjust lids. Process 10 minutes
    in boiling water canner. This recipe yields 8 jelly jars or 4 half-pints. Yield: 4 half-pints

    Source: http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=139241

    Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

    How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?