Kiwi fruit - frozen?

Murphassoc

Guest
Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a dozen kiwi or more, so now am
concerned belatedly about spoilage. Has anyone any info on whether they freeze successfully? Thanks
in advance, JM

MurphAssoc wrote:
> Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a dozen kiwi or more, so now am
> concerned belatedly about spoilage. Has anyone any info on whether they freeze successfully?
> Thanks in advance, JM

Don't think so... they'd turn to mush (IMHO)

Jill

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (MurphAssoc) wrote:

> Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a dozen kiwi or more, so now am
> concerned belatedly about spoilage. Has anyone any info on whether they freeze successfully?
> Thanks in advance, JM

Me and my sister froze them, but not to preserve them. ;-)

Frozen kiwi is delish'. Cut the top off and spoon out the frozen kiwi and eat like ice cream. ;-d

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

MurphAssoc wrote:

> Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a dozen kiwi or more, so now am
> concerned belatedly about spoilage. Has anyone any info on whether they freeze successfully?

Peel and puree them. Freeze in a container. Instant sherbet. You can add sugar or cream or any of
the other ingredients that find their way into frozen confections. Or you could make old-fashioned,
too many eggs, too much cream ice cream.

Pastorio

Oooooooh, old fashioned, too many eggs ice cream YUMMMMMMMMMMM and thanks all, for the ideas. JM

On 16 Feb 2004 18:39:30 GMT, [email protected] (MurphAssoc) wrote:

>Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a dozen kiwi or more, so now am
>concerned belatedly about spoilage. Has anyone any info on whether they freeze successfully? Thanks
>in advance, JM

Found on rec.food.recipes

Kiwi Jam

3 cup chopped kiwi 1 pkt powdered pectin 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice 4 cup sugar

Combine kiwi, pectin, and pineapple juice in large pot. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add
sugar, stirring until dissolved. Return to a rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat. Ladle into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space. Adjust lids. Process 10 minutes
in boiling water canner. This recipe yields 8 jelly jars or 4 half-pints. Yield: 4 half-pints

Source: http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=139241

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?