Klöden: "My morals are down"

cyclingheroes said:
But I made a mistake. It should say "My morale is down". I changed it on the CH site.
I kinda liked the first version......

wolfix said:
I kinda liked the first version......
Hahaha I believe you did...:D

It's not easy to rewind a tape, forward it, rewind etc. translate it at the same time and sometimes your earphone is taking out by somebody else who says, what do you think about this Boonen pic...

cyclingheroes said:
Hahaha I believe you did...:D

It's not easy to rewind a tape, forward it, rewind etc. translate it at the same time and sometimes your earphone is taking out by somebody else who says, what do you think about this Boonen pic...
The pic of Boonen? I went to your site and found the pic of him in a headshot...is that the one you mean?

Tom B is one of my favorites. Of course I love the sprinters. All kinds of them. Sprinters that can ride all day and go in a break and win, or even Cipo's kind.......And a sprinter that is a world champ is really special. To me a World's jersey is a honor greater then a yellow, unless the yellow is worn into Paris. With the World's jersey you can always spot it all year round....... then the sleeve stripes are always a constant reminder that you had your day in the sun.

wolfix said:
The pic of Boonen? I went to your site and found the pic of him in a headshot...is that the one you mean?

Tom B is one of my favorites. Of course I love the sprinters. All kinds of them. Sprinters that can ride all day and go in a break and win, or even Cipo's kind.......And a sprinter that is a world champ is really special. To me a World's jersey is a honor greater then a yellow, unless the yellow is worn into Paris. With the World's jersey you can always spot it all year round....... then the sleeve stripes are always a constant reminder that you had your day in the sun.
No its not online yet, later today (its from stage 20 of the TdF)

wolfix said:

Its online now, it was the pic of Boonen and Cedric Vasseur:
http://www.cyclingheroes.info/id814.html

cyclingheroes said:
I went to your website and read the article and was going to post a thread for all the klodi fans here as your coverage was more in depth than cyclingnews. But you beat me to the punch! haha

Anyways, I hope Andreas receives good advice and at the very least he can read all the messages of support that fans have posted on his website.

Yet, I have to wonder. Yes, his team is in limbo. Yes, his current and former teammates have fallen prey to UCI targeting. And yes, his hopes at this year's tour were squashed. and yes, I am totally a fan so I'll try to understand his situation and try not to be too judgemental. but his moping around leaves a lot to be desired. I would expect him to be more outspoken about peds. Considering that he has been screwed it would be a logical and justified reaction. Instead he speaks about riders being used in the power struggle within cycling. That is valid, of course. And I am happy he spoke out about that. Unless, I have missed some articles, though, I question his position. One wouldn't expect that to be first on his mind.

Could all of this be attributed to his semi-muzzle by Astana? is it a result of his realization that the way he has been training his entire career (w/peds) will no longer be tolerated, even if just from a few select targeted riders? Is it from self doubt that he won't be able to compete cleanly? He has always claimed that if everyone trains the way he trains noone would have to dope. But how trustworthy is that? I mean really.

Enough with the pity party and be more assertive! Of course, my impressions could be totally off.

Thoughts everyone?

He is more likely quiet about PED's because he uses them.

Klodifan said:
I went to your website and read the article and was going to post a thread for all the klodi fans here as your coverage was more in depth than cyclingnews. But you beat me to the punch! haha

Anyways, I hope Andreas receives good advice and at the very least he can read all the messages of support that fans have posted on his website.

Yet, I have to wonder. Yes, his team is in limbo. Yes, his current and former teammates have fallen prey to UCI targeting. And yes, his hopes at this year's tour were squashed. and yes, I am totally a fan so I'll try to understand his situation and try not to be too judgemental. but his moping around leaves a lot to be desired. I would expect him to be more outspoken about peds. Considering that he has been screwed it would be a logical and justified reaction. Instead he speaks about riders being used in the power struggle within cycling. That is valid, of course. And I am happy he spoke out about that. Unless, I have missed some articles, though, I question his position. One wouldn't expect that to be first on his mind.

Could all of this be attributed to his semi-muzzle by Astana? is it a result of his realization that the way he has been training his entire career (w/peds) will no longer be tolerated, even if just from a few select targeted riders? Is it from self doubt that he won't be able to compete cleanly? He has always claimed that if everyone trains the way he trains noone would have to dope. But how trustworthy is that? I mean really.

Enough with the pity party and be more assertive! Of course, my impressions could be totally off.

Thoughts everyone?

Klodifan said:
Thoughts everyone?
klodi is as confused as the other riders are. Historically the ASO and the UCI have looked the other way as far as doping is concerned. We have a power struggle going on at this moment. It may turn out to be the most monumental change that has happened to cycling in many decades.
And in this power struggle, the riders are being sacrificed.
As we have witnessed the past few months high profile riders have been getting busted. Last year we had OP, and we know it was not the UCI that busted them. { maybe it was the UCI that ratted them out] And what this tells me is that the UCI has looked the other way in it's testing , or it is not capable of testing. Strange this happened right at the time of the Giro and right before the TDF. Timing is everything. Damage 2 GT's at the same time.
OP was a victory for the UCI. It damaged the ASO[TDF] and that is very important for the UCI.

The riders do not know if it is business as usual or what's happening. It is very disruptive to what they have come to expect from the UCI. I believe JU and Basso were sacrificed in this power struggle. The loss of these two really damaged the TDF in 2006. Then with Landis being positive, and then the 2007 RAZ situation, th eTDF has turned into a joke. All these things point to the UCI's attempt to damage the TDF.
The TDF looks horrible at this moment to the rest of the world and to it's sponsors.

The riders know that winning GT's is impossible without the dope. And they know that teams expect doping from GT riders that hope to podium. They are confused.

You make a lot of good points, Wolf. Which organization do you think will prevail, aso or uci? I don't think either at the moment. The riders and cycling in general will pay the price though. Both entities need strong leadership, and I see those skills are sorely lacking right now.

cyclingheroes said:

Kloden has to take a reality check... what the fark did he think after what happened with his former good friend Jan by joining a team like Astana... did he think everything was going to be ok ? Yes Kloden is confused as drug were part of the daily routine and now not so... Klodi had his chance at Georlosteiner but blew that for teams drugs.... he's not wanted anymore..... we don't need his type.......

Klodifan said:
You make a lot of good points, Wolf. Which organization do you think will prevail, aso or uci? I don't think either at the moment. The riders and cycling in general will pay the price though. Both entities need strong leadership, and I see those skills are sorely lacking right now.
I think we will see the ProTour being disbanded. The races will start to have their power back to have to they want at their races. The UCI will maintain control over the doping and will work with the individual racing federations to insure we do not have any more doping scandals.
I hate to even waste any internet ink thinking we will have clean cycling. There is no such thing. We have too many national federations with different views on what doping really is. The fans turn out if there is doping and as long as the sponsors' names do not get dragged thru the mud, they don't care.
Businesss as usual.......

wolfix said:
klodi is as confused as the other riders are. Historically the ASO and the UCI have looked the other way as far as doping is concerned. We have a power struggle going on at this moment. It may turn out to be the most monumental change that has happened to cycling in many decades.
And in this power struggle, the riders are being sacrificed.
As we have witnessed the past few months high profile riders have been getting busted. Last year we had OP, and we know it was not the UCI that busted them. { maybe it was the UCI that ratted them out] And what this tells me is that the UCI has looked the other way in it's testing , or it is not capable of testing. Strange this happened right at the time of the Giro and right before the TDF. Timing is everything. Damage 2 GT's at the same time.
OP was a victory for the UCI. It damaged the ASO[TDF] and that is very important for the UCI.

The riders do not know if it is business as usual or what's happening. It is very disruptive to what they have come to expect from the UCI. I believe JU and Basso were sacrificed in this power struggle. The loss of these two really damaged the TDF in 2006. Then with Landis being positive, and then the 2007 RAZ situation, th eTDF has turned into a joke. All these things point to the UCI's attempt to damage the TDF.
The TDF looks horrible at this moment to the rest of the world and to it's sponsors.

The riders know that winning GT's is impossible without the dope. And they know that teams expect doping from GT riders that hope to podium. They are confused.
So who benefits from this squabbling between uci and aso? If it keeps going like this, they'll just be squabbling over crumbs. Not much point having a power struggle if they destroy the thing they seek to control.

Tor said:
So who benefits from this squabbling between uci and aso? If it keeps going like this, they'll just be squabbling over crumbs. Not much point having a power struggle if they destroy the thing they seek to control.
Just a bump in the road...... Cycling is doing well. The sponsors have not pulled out as we thought they would.
Not yet......

Klodifan said:
but who benefits from a power struggle between uci and aso? if it keeps going like this, they'll only destroy the thing they both seek to control and that's pretty pointless:confused: