Klein Attitude 2003 paint problem

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Frank, Jun 3, 2003.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    I just got a Klein Attitude two weeks ago. Today I had a very light chain suck. I was barely
    pedaling and the chain only touched the frame lightly. However where the chain rubbed the chain stay
    the paint came off like nothing. It's mostly the clear coat that got scratched away. I was very
    surprised to see this. I tried scratching with a fingernail and to my surprise I was able to remove
    the clear coat without much force. Klein used to have a very nice and durable paint job. Has this
    changed over the last years?

    Tags:

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Frank <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just got a Klein Attitude two weeks ago. Today I had a very light chain suck. I was barely
    > pedaling and the chain only touched the frame lightly. However where the chain rubbed the chain
    > stay the paint came off like nothing. It's mostly the clear coat that got scratched away. I was
    > very surprised to see this. I tried scratching with a fingernail and to my surprise I was able to
    > remove the clear coat without much force. Klein used to have a very nice and durable paint job.
    > Has this changed over the last years?

    It's a scratch. No one is going to die, neither is your bike going to fail to function correctly
    because of it, so, what's the freaking worry? Get out there, ride it, and put some more scratches on
    the thing!

    Shaun aRe - 'stand in'.

  3. Kevin Lyons

    Kevin Lyons Guest

    "Frank" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just got a Klein Attitude two weeks ago. Today I had a very light chain suck. I was barely
    > pedaling and the chain only touched the frame lightly. However where the chain rubbed the chain
    > stay the paint came off like nothing. It's mostly the clear coat that got scratched away. I was
    > very surprised to see this. I tried scratching with a fingernail and to my surprise I was able to
    > remove the clear coat without much force. Klein used to have a very nice and durable paint job.
    > Has this changed over the last years?

    My 2002 Adept looks like it's had a year of very hard abuse, strange that ;), with chips all over
    the paintwork. Still looks good though so wouldn't worry too much. Just ride it!!

    Kevin

  4. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry Guest

    In <[email protected]> Frank wrote:
    > I just got a Klein Attitude two weeks ago. Today I had a very light chain suck. I was barely
    > pedaling and the chain only touched the frame lightly. However where the chain rubbed the chain
    > stay the paint came off like nothing. It's mostly the clear coat that got scratched away. I was
    > very surprised to see this. I tried scratching with a fingernail and to my surprise I was able to
    > remove the clear coat without much force. Klein used to have a very nice and durable paint job.
    > Has this changed over the last years?

    Is it a museum piece or a bike? Go ride through a puddle or two. You won't see the scratches
    anymore :)

    Cheers, Shawn Scratched-up-from-use 2003 Palomino