Klein Attitude 2003 paint problem

Frank

Guest
I just got a Klein Attitude two weeks ago. Today I had a very light chain suck. I was barely
pedaling and the chain only touched the frame lightly. However where the chain rubbed the chain stay
the paint came off like nothing. It's mostly the clear coat that got scratched away. I was very
surprised to see this. I tried scratching with a fingernail and to my surprise I was able to remove
the clear coat without much force. Klein used to have a very nice and durable paint job. Has this
changed over the last years?

Frank <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I just got a Klein Attitude two weeks ago. Today I had a very light chain suck. I was barely
> pedaling and the chain only touched the frame lightly. However where the chain rubbed the chain
> stay the paint came off like nothing. It's mostly the clear coat that got scratched away. I was
> very surprised to see this. I tried scratching with a fingernail and to my surprise I was able to
> remove the clear coat without much force. Klein used to have a very nice and durable paint job.
> Has this changed over the last years?

It's a scratch. No one is going to die, neither is your bike going to fail to function correctly
because of it, so, what's the freaking worry? Get out there, ride it, and put some more scratches on
the thing!

Shaun aRe - 'stand in'.

"Frank" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I just got a Klein Attitude two weeks ago. Today I had a very light chain suck. I was barely
> pedaling and the chain only touched the frame lightly. However where the chain rubbed the chain
> stay the paint came off like nothing. It's mostly the clear coat that got scratched away. I was
> very surprised to see this. I tried scratching with a fingernail and to my surprise I was able to
> remove the clear coat without much force. Klein used to have a very nice and durable paint job.
> Has this changed over the last years?

My 2002 Adept looks like it's had a year of very hard abuse, strange that ;), with chips all over
the paintwork. Still looks good though so wouldn't worry too much. Just ride it!!

Kevin

In <[email protected]> Frank wrote:
> I just got a Klein Attitude two weeks ago. Today I had a very light chain suck. I was barely
> pedaling and the chain only touched the frame lightly. However where the chain rubbed the chain
> stay the paint came off like nothing. It's mostly the clear coat that got scratched away. I was
> very surprised to see this. I tried scratching with a fingernail and to my surprise I was able to
> remove the clear coat without much force. Klein used to have a very nice and durable paint job.
> Has this changed over the last years?

Is it a museum piece or a bike? Go ride through a puddle or two. You won't see the scratches
anymore :)

Cheers, Shawn Scratched-up-from-use 2003 Palomino