Klein Attitude - Help with frame size.

Frank

Guest
I'm thinking about getting the Klein Attitude but can't decide which frame size to go with. I'm
6'0". The large frame seems to be a little small but the XL seems to be kind of big for 6'0".

After adjusting the seat at the LBS to the proper height, the seat post was at its max height and it
really looked like it was to high up
- or the frame was too small.

I would like to know from people who own the attitude, 2002 or 2003, what size do you ride and what
is your height?

Thanks

[email protected] (Frank) wrote in news:f9f6fc97.0305161337.23944326 @posting.google.com:
> After adjusting the seat at the LBS to the proper height, the seat post was at its max height and
> it really looked like it was to high up
> - or the frame was too small.

Stock seatposts are often on the short side; try a longer one. How is the top tube reach? That is
usually a more important fit factor than seat tube length.

"Frank" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'm thinking about getting the Klein Attitude but can't decide which frame size to go with. I'm
> 6'0". The large frame seems to be a little small but the XL seems to be kind of big for 6'0".

I'm 6' 0", and my 2001 Klein Attitude Race is a size Large. Fits perfectly, nice long top tube
(24"), awesome geometry. I love it.

> After adjusting the seat at the LBS to the proper height, the seat post was at its max height and
> it really looked like it was to high up
> - or the frame was too small.

How long are your legs? What's your inseam? You might need an extra-long seatpost.

> I would like to know from people who own the attitude, 2002 or 2003, what size do you ride and
> what is your height?

The Attitude frame geometry has not changed for many years AFAIK.

Barry

My inseam (without shoes) is 34.5", measured from floor to crotch, which I think is above average
for my height of 6'0". That means my torso is shorter than average. My arms are fairly long too.

If you have a longer inseam and shorter torso, do you usually go with a larger frame or do you use a
longer seat post?

The stand over size for the XL attitude is 32.2". With shoes on this should give me a clearance of
3". Klein seems to have a shorter top tube compared to other bikes I have tried, which may match my
short torso.

My LBS wants to see me on an XL so they ordered this. It will be here in the middle of next week.
I'm very skeptical that it will be the right size. It's the first time I have ever bought an XL
frame if I go with this one.

I would appreciate your opinions.

- Frank

"B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<h3hxa.862506$3D1.491846@sccrnsc01>...
> "Frank" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I'm thinking about getting the Klein Attitude but can't decide which frame size to go with. I'm
> > 6'0". The large frame seems to be a little small but the XL seems to be kind of big for 6'0".
>
> I'm 6' 0", and my 2001 Klein Attitude Race is a size Large. Fits perfectly, nice long top tube
> (24"), awesome geometry. I love it.
>
> > After adjusting the seat at the LBS to the proper height, the seat post was at its max height
> > and it really looked like it was to high up
> > - or the frame was too small.
>
> How long are your legs? What's your inseam? You might need an extra-long seatpost.
>
> > I would like to know from people who own the attitude, 2002 or 2003, what size do you ride and
> > what is your height?
>
> The Attitude frame geometry has not changed for many years AFAIK.
>
> Barry

On 16 May 2003 14:37:03 -0700, [email protected] (Frank) blathered:

>I'm thinking about getting the Klein Attitude but can't decide which frame size to go with. I'm
>6'0". The large frame seems to be a little small but the XL seems to be kind of big for 6'0".
>
>After adjusting the seat at the LBS to the proper height, the seat post was at its max height and
>it really looked like it was to high up
>- or the frame was too small.
>
>I would like to know from people who own the attitude, 2002 or 2003, what size do you ride and what
>is your height?

6'4", size XL, 100mm stem, 400mm seatpost.
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/cam-na-caim.jpg

Very nice ride, shame about the shitty cable routing. Front mech cable seized solid on Thursday,
something I've never had happen in 13 years of mountain biking; even the cheap Raleigh I bought in
1991 had slotted guides so you could get at the cable. I now run the rear cable along the top tube
in a continuous outer from shifter-mech, but that's not an option at the front.

Pete
----

On 16 May 2003 22:37:21 -0700, [email protected] (Frank) wrote:

>My inseam (without shoes) is 34.5", measured from floor to crotch,

I'd look into a 18". A 19" could do but always watch top tube length. Should be just about right.

Peter

"Peter R." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 16 May 2003 22:37:21 -0700, [email protected] (Frank) wrote:
>
> >My inseam (without shoes) is 34.5", measured from floor to crotch,
>
> I'd look into a 18". A 19" could do but always watch top tube length. Should be just about right.

The top tube is probably right; but the saddle will be several inches too high for comfortable
riding. With an 18" frame he would need a couple inches of stem spacers and a high-rise stem to get
a good riding position (even with long arms).

-Barry

Originally posted by Frank
I'm thinking about getting the Klein Attitude but can't decide which frame size to go with. I'm
6'0". The large frame seems to be a little small but the XL seems to be kind of big for 6'0".

After adjusting the seat at the LBS to the proper height, the seat post was at its max height and it
really looked like it was to high up
- or the frame was too small.

I would like to know from people who own the attitude, 2002 or 2003, what size do you ride and what
is your height?

Thanks

Man i wish i had done this. You should be on the large, i am on the Xl at 6-2 with long legs and wish i was on the L.

"fenisle" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Frank wrote:
> > I'm thinking about getting the Klein Attitude but can't decide which frame size to go with.
> > I'm 6'0". The large frame seems to be a little small but the XL seems to be kind of big for
> > 6'0". After adjusting the seat at the LBS to the proper height, the seat
post
> > was at its max height and it really looked like it was to high up
> > - or the frame was too small. I would like to know from people who own the attitude, 2002 or
> > 2003, what size do you ride and what is your height? Thanks
>

> Man i wish i had done this. You should be on the large, i am on the Xl at 6-2 with long legs and
> wish i was on the L.

With MTB, better to go a size smaller than a size bigger.