Klein headset help

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tyler - Durden, Jun 17, 2003.

  1. hey all :) i'm an owner of a 1999 adroit pro which is in need of some upgrading. when i purchased
    this bike i had no clue about Kleins integrated headset situation and the difficulty i'd now have in
    trying to replace the front suspension fork.

    my question is: can anybody tell me what i'll need to do to accomplish this? i have heard there is a
    special "klein tool" required to remove the headset, and that an adaptor is out there <some where>
    that will allow me to put a standard headset/fork combo in there.. ANY help would be appreciated..
    thanks much :)

    Tags:

  2. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hey all :) i'm an owner of a 1999 adroit pro which is in need of some upgrading. when i purchased
    > this bike i had no clue about Kleins integrated headset situation and the difficulty i'd now have
    > in trying to replace the front suspension fork.
    >
    > my question is: can anybody tell me what i'll need to do to accomplish this? i have heard there is
    > a special "klein tool" required to remove the headset, and that an adaptor is out there <some
    > where> that will allow me to put a standard headset/fork combo in there.. ANY help would be
    > appreciated.. thanks much :)

    Hi Tyler, I would help you but,

    You are not your bike. You are not how much your bike costs. You are not the contents of your
    camelbak. You are not your Oakleys. Let me tell you about Klein. Klein had a plan. In Klein we
    trusted. Klein says the things you own, end up owning you. It's only after you've lost everything
    that you're free to do anything. Klein represents that kind of freedom. First rule of Klein: You do
    not talk about the Klein headset adaptor.

    HTH,

    Steve E.

  3. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > hey all :) i'm an owner of a 1999 adroit pro which is in need of some upgrading. when i
    > > purchased this bike i had no clue about Kleins integrated headset situation and the difficulty
    > > i'd now have in trying to replace the front suspension fork.
    > >
    > > my question is: can anybody tell me what i'll need to do to accomplish this? i have heard there
    > > is a special "klein tool" required to remove the headset, and that an adaptor is out there <some
    > > where> that will allow me to put a standard headset/fork combo in there.. ANY help would be
    > > appreciated.. thanks much :)
    > >

    > Hi Tyler, I would help you but,
    >
    > You are not your bike. You are not how much your bike costs. You are not
    the
    > contents of your camelbak. You are not your Oakleys. Let me tell you about Klein. Klein had a
    > plan. In Klein we trusted. Klein says the things you
    own,
    > end up owning you. It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything. Klein
    > represents that kind of freedom. First rule of
    Klein:
    > You do not talk about the Klein headset adaptor.

    Are you feeling quite alright Steve old chap?!?

    Shaun aRe

  4. "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > hey all :) i'm an owner of a 1999 adroit pro which is in need of some upgrading. when i
    > > > purchased this bike i had no clue about Kleins integrated
    headset
    > > > situation and the difficulty i'd now have in trying to replace the
    front
    > > > suspension fork.
    > > >
    > > > my question is: can anybody tell me what i'll need to do to
    accomplish
    > > > this? i have heard there is a special "klein tool" required to remove the headset, and that an
    > > > adaptor is out there <some where> that will allow me to put a standard headset/fork combo in
    > > > there.. ANY help
    would
    > > > be appreciated.. thanks much :)
    > > >

    > > Hi Tyler, I would help you but,
    > >
    > > You are not your bike. You are not how much your bike costs. You are not
    > the
    > > contents of your camelbak. You are not your Oakleys. Let me tell you
    about
    > > Klein. Klein had a plan. In Klein we trusted. Klein says the things you
    > own,
    > > end up owning you. It's only after you've lost everything that you're
    free
    > > to do anything. Klein represents that kind of freedom. First rule of
    > Klein:
    > > You do not talk about the Klein headset adaptor.
    >
    > Are you feeling quite alright Steve old chap?!?
    >

    > Shaun aRe

    Why of course.

    Advertising has us chasing cars, clothes and bikes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we
    don't need. Losing all hope is freedom.

    Steve E.

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > headset
    > front

    > accomplish
    > would
    > > > >

    > > > Hi Tyler, I would help you but,
    > > >
    > > > You are not your bike. You are not how much your bike costs. You are
    not
    > > the
    > > > contents of your camelbak. You are not your Oakleys. Let me tell you
    > about
    > > > Klein. Klein had a plan. In Klein we trusted. Klein says the things
    you
    > > own,
    > > > end up owning you. It's only after you've lost everything that you're
    > free
    > > > to do anything. Klein represents that kind of freedom. First rule of
    > > Klein:
    > > > You do not talk about the Klein headset adaptor.
    > >
    > > Are you feeling quite alright Steve old chap?!?
    > >

    > > Shaun aRe
    > >

    > Why of course.
    >
    > Advertising has us chasing cars, clothes and bikes, working jobs we hate,
    so
    > we can buy shit we don't need. Losing all hope is freedom.
    >
    > Steve E.

    "Sell all your possessions and follow me!" (Lee 'Scratch' Perry ("I eat berries, ha-ha!"))

    Shaun aRe - Life is good, especially considering the alternative.

  6. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > headset
    > front

    > accomplish
    > would
    > > > >

    > > > Hi Tyler, I would help you but,
    > > >
    > > > You are not your bike. You are not how much your bike costs. You are
    not
    > > the
    > > > contents of your camelbak. You are not your Oakleys. Let me tell you
    > about
    > > > Klein. Klein had a plan. In Klein we trusted. Klein says the things
    you
    > > own,
    > > > end up owning you. It's only after you've lost everything that you're
    > free
    > > > to do anything. Klein represents that kind of freedom. First rule of
    > > Klein:
    > > > You do not talk about the Klein headset adaptor.
    > >
    > > Are you feeling quite alright Steve old chap?!?
    > >

    > > Shaun aRe
    > >

    > Why of course.
    >
    > Advertising has us chasing cars, clothes and bikes, working jobs we hate,
    so
    > we can buy shit we don't need. Losing all hope is freedom.
    >
    > Steve E.

    Jon Bond or your khaki baggies, if you prefer 'em...