Klein headset help

Tyler - Durden

Guest
hey all :) i'm an owner of a 1999 adroit pro which is in need of some upgrading. when i purchased
this bike i had no clue about Kleins integrated headset situation and the difficulty i'd now have in
trying to replace the front suspension fork.

my question is: can anybody tell me what i'll need to do to accomplish this? i have heard there is a
special "klein tool" required to remove the headset, and that an adaptor is out there <some where>
that will allow me to put a standard headset/fork combo in there.. ANY help would be appreciated..
thanks much :)

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hey all :) i'm an owner of a 1999 adroit pro which is in need of some upgrading. when i purchased
> this bike i had no clue about Kleins integrated headset situation and the difficulty i'd now have
> in trying to replace the front suspension fork.
>
> my question is: can anybody tell me what i'll need to do to accomplish this? i have heard there is
> a special "klein tool" required to remove the headset, and that an adaptor is out there <some
> where> that will allow me to put a standard headset/fork combo in there.. ANY help would be
> appreciated.. thanks much :)

Hi Tyler, I would help you but,

You are not your bike. You are not how much your bike costs. You are not the contents of your
camelbak. You are not your Oakleys. Let me tell you about Klein. Klein had a plan. In Klein we
trusted. Klein says the things you own, end up owning you. It's only after you've lost everything
that you're free to do anything. Klein represents that kind of freedom. First rule of Klein: You do
not talk about the Klein headset adaptor.

HTH,

Steve E.

spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > hey all :) i'm an owner of a 1999 adroit pro which is in need of some upgrading. when i
> > purchased this bike i had no clue about Kleins integrated headset situation and the difficulty
> > i'd now have in trying to replace the front suspension fork.
> >
> > my question is: can anybody tell me what i'll need to do to accomplish this? i have heard there
> > is a special "klein tool" required to remove the headset, and that an adaptor is out there <some
> > where> that will allow me to put a standard headset/fork combo in there.. ANY help would be
> > appreciated.. thanks much :)
> >

> Hi Tyler, I would help you but,
>
> You are not your bike. You are not how much your bike costs. You are not
the
> contents of your camelbak. You are not your Oakleys. Let me tell you about Klein. Klein had a
> plan. In Klein we trusted. Klein says the things you
own,
> end up owning you. It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything. Klein
> represents that kind of freedom. First rule of
Klein:
> You do not talk about the Klein headset adaptor.

Are you feeling quite alright Steve old chap?!?

Shaun aRe

> spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > hey all :) i'm an owner of a 1999 adroit pro which is in need of some upgrading. when i
> > > purchased this bike i had no clue about Kleins integrated
headset
> > > situation and the difficulty i'd now have in trying to replace the
front
> > > suspension fork.
> > >
> > > my question is: can anybody tell me what i'll need to do to
accomplish
> > > this? i have heard there is a special "klein tool" required to remove the headset, and that an
> > > adaptor is out there <some where> that will allow me to put a standard headset/fork combo in
> > > there.. ANY help
would
> > > be appreciated.. thanks much :)
> > >

> > Hi Tyler, I would help you but,
> >
> > You are not your bike. You are not how much your bike costs. You are not
> the
> > contents of your camelbak. You are not your Oakleys. Let me tell you
about
> > Klein. Klein had a plan. In Klein we trusted. Klein says the things you
> own,
> > end up owning you. It's only after you've lost everything that you're
free
> > to do anything. Klein represents that kind of freedom. First rule of
> Klein:
> > You do not talk about the Klein headset adaptor.
>
> Are you feeling quite alright Steve old chap?!?
>

> Shaun aRe

Why of course.

Advertising has us chasing cars, clothes and bikes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy **** we
don't need. Losing all hope is freedom.

Steve E.

spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> headset
> front

> accomplish
> would
> > > >

> > > Hi Tyler, I would help you but,
> > >
> > > You are not your bike. You are not how much your bike costs. You are
not
> > the
> > > contents of your camelbak. You are not your Oakleys. Let me tell you
> about
> > > Klein. Klein had a plan. In Klein we trusted. Klein says the things
you
> > own,
> > > end up owning you. It's only after you've lost everything that you're
> free
> > > to do anything. Klein represents that kind of freedom. First rule of
> > Klein:
> > > You do not talk about the Klein headset adaptor.
> >
> > Are you feeling quite alright Steve old chap?!?
> >

> > Shaun aRe
> >

> Why of course.
>
> Advertising has us chasing cars, clothes and bikes, working jobs we hate,
so
> we can buy **** we don't need. Losing all hope is freedom.
>
> Steve E.

"Sell all your possessions and follow me!" (Lee 'Scratch' Perry ("I eat berries, ha-ha!"))

Shaun aRe - Life is good, especially considering the alternative.

"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> headset
> front

> accomplish
> would
> > > >

> > > Hi Tyler, I would help you but,
> > >
> > > You are not your bike. You are not how much your bike costs. You are
not
> > the
> > > contents of your camelbak. You are not your Oakleys. Let me tell you
> about
> > > Klein. Klein had a plan. In Klein we trusted. Klein says the things
you
> > own,
> > > end up owning you. It's only after you've lost everything that you're
> free
> > > to do anything. Klein represents that kind of freedom. First rule of
> > Klein:
> > > You do not talk about the Klein headset adaptor.
> >
> > Are you feeling quite alright Steve old chap?!?
> >

> > Shaun aRe
> >

> Why of course.
>
> Advertising has us chasing cars, clothes and bikes, working jobs we hate,
so
> we can buy **** we don't need. Losing all hope is freedom.
>
> Steve E.

Jon Bond or your khaki baggies, if you prefer 'em...