Klein Q Carbon Team Info

tcoe

Sep 4, 2003
Looking for a new road bike and have been test riding every bicycle I can lately and keep on coming back to a 2003 Klein Q Carbon Team with Ultegra components.

Does anyone else have this bike and like it/dislike it? I have a hold on it until this weekend. A LBS is willing to let it go for $500 of MSRP since it is a 2003.

Thanks for any info or opinions you can give. My other possible choice was a Specialized Allez Comp but was told the Klein had better wheels, carbon seat stays for harshness, and of course the paint job on the Klein blows away the drab gray of the Specialized. The Specialized was also $500 off MSRP which makes it $300 less than the Klein.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by tcoe
Looking for a new road bike and have been test riding every bicycle I can lately and keep on coming back to a 2003 Klein Q Carbon Team with Ultegra components.

Does anyone else have this bike and like it/dislike it? I have a hold on it until this weekend. A LBS is willing to let it go for $500 of MSRP since it is a 2003.

Thanks for any info or opinions you can give. My other possible choice was a Specialized Allez Comp but was told the Klein had better wheels, carbon seat stays for harshness, and of course the paint job on the Klein blows away the drab gray of the Specialized. The Specialized was also $500 off MSRP which makes it $300 less than the Klein.

Thanks again.

All I can say is that I have a friend that rides one and he loves it. Getting better wheels is also worth quite a bit. I must also confess, that I hate Specialized. I had a major mechanical failure riding one, which caused a crash that led to knee surgery.