Klein Quantum crankset question

sapidus

Aug 27, 2004
I'm new to this group, so if I mess up on the protocol, I apologize in advance! I just acquired an older Klein Quantum frame with the pressed in bottom bracket bearings and the tapered spindle. I want to use it in triathlons (until that perfect y-foil falls into my lap). It looks to me as if the size of the bottom bracket and spindle is 75 x 120.....can anyone tell me if (and which!) a 9-speed crankset will fit this puppy? Or just tell me what the heck these shipped with originally? It's the "vibrant green" variation by the way......

thanks

boudreaux

Oct 16, 2003
sapidus said:
I'm new to this group, so if I mess up on the protocol, I apologize in advance! I just acquired an older Klein Quantum frame with the pressed in bottom bracket bearings and the tapered spindle. I want to use it in triathlons (until that perfect y-foil falls into my lap). It looks to me as if the size of the bottom bracket and spindle is 75 x 120.....can anyone tell me if (and which!) a 9-speed crankset will fit this puppy? Or just tell me what the heck these shipped with originally? It's the "vibrant green" variation by the way......

thanks
That 120 spindle length is old school stuff,and works with nothing current. Shimano 9 is octalink spline,and even if it was campy taper their good stuff uses a 102 spindle and their lower end is 111mm. A klein dealer might be able to change it out to something more suitable.

sapidus

Aug 27, 2004
I was afraid of that! Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Trek we go...hopefully my local Trek dealer will have some advice about what's available for replacement, now that I have a clue about what to ask!

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Scott