knee-cap pain and supports

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Boatman, Jun 28, 2004.

  1. Boatman

    Boatman Guest

    I'm 55 and have developed some mild knee-cap pain riding my hybrid to and
    from work. I'm looking into adjusting the bike fit, nsaids, stretching, knee
    specific exercise, etc., but wonder if those knee support bands that I've
    occasionally seen but never paid attention to would help. Has anyone got
    experience with these? Where do you get them?

    Thanks!

    Boatman

    Tags:

  2. DRS

    DRS Guest

    "Boatman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s01
    > I'm 55 and have developed some mild knee-cap pain riding my hybrid to

    What sort of pain and where on the knee? It could be something simple.

    --

    A: Top-posters.

  3. Boatman

    Boatman Guest

    DRS wrote:
    > "Boatman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]_s01
    >> I'm 55 and have developed some mild knee-cap pain riding my hybrid to

    > What sort of pain and where on the knee? It could be something
    > simple.

    It's a very mild ache just under the knee-cap. The pain doesn't bother me so
    much - it's the new clicking noises that I've never had before and the
    tightened feeling in my quads and gastros that bothers me as much as
    anything.

  4. fleury

    fleury Guest

    "Boatman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s01...
    > I'm 55 and have developed some mild knee-cap pain riding my hybrid to and
    > from work. I'm looking into adjusting the bike fit, nsaids, stretching,

    knee
    > specific exercise, etc., but wonder if those knee support bands that I've
    > occasionally seen but never paid attention to would help. Has anyone got
    > experience with these? Where do you get them?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Boatman

    https://secure.cho-pat.com/products/product.php?product_type=26

    These Cho-Pat straps help when the patella isn't tracking correclty in its
    slot. My knee clicks from time to time when I cross my legs and uncross
    them. My ortho doc says that a click sound in the knee is always the knee
    cap.

    Pat in TX