Three weeks ago, while doing a flip turn too close to the wall, I felt some grinding and minor pain in my right knee, on the outside, just below the centerline of the knee cap. Since then I have minor pain when riding or running but do experience moderate pain if I flex the knee joint while extending the hip (pulling my leg back). It does hurt if I perform hammy curls, etc. The running/riding pain goes totally away after about a mile and I'm good to go.
At first I thought it was a meniscus injury but that wouldn't leave once I get warmed up. Tendonitis? Thought so, but a strange place. Anyone ever experience this? It seems to be slowly getting better. Doctor? PT people? Any suggestions?
Subject: Knee Pain - Questions From: [email hidden] (Brandon Sullivan) Date: 11/10/04 11:26 AM Eastern Standard Time Message-id: <[email hidden]>
Three weeks ago, while doing a flip turn too close to the wall, I felt some grinding and minor pain in my right knee, on the outside, just below the centerline of the knee cap. Since then I have minor pain when riding or running but do experience moderate pain if I flex the knee joint while extending the hip (pulling my leg back). It does hurt if I perform hammy curls, etc. The running/riding pain goes totally away after about a mile and I'm good to go.
At first I thought it was a meniscus injury but that wouldn't leave once I get warmed up. Tendonitis?
Not necessarily. You could be just overexercising. If you are, take a little time off. If not, maybe have it looked at.
Thought so, but a strange place.
Quoted message said:
Anyone ever experience this? It seems to be slowly getting better. Doctor? PT people? Any suggestions?