knee pain

spodosaurus wrote:
> hintofsmile wrote:
> > I donno if my chiropractor is bullshitting me

> Almost certainly. Most of chiropractic has no scientific basis beyond
> that taken from legitimate physiotherapists. Has he tried to tell you he
> can cure your kid's ADHD by 'manipulating the plates of his skull' yet?
> That'll cure the kid...of everything, including living.

Luckily, I *am* seeing a physical therapist next week, recommended by
my orthopedist. I look forward to what they have to say about my
chiro's findings.

> > just so he can keep
> > another client.

> That's the thing with chiropractic: it only works as long as you keep
> coming back over and over again, kinda like a little bit of improper
> physiotherapy and a lot of placebo. There is a minority of really good
> chiropractors out there, but given the proportion of bad to good, odds
> are yours is a bad one.
>
> > Let me know what you think:
> >
> > I have some pain around both knees. My chiropractor took an X-ray

> Probably completely unnecessary for you, but it'll help keep his pockets
> well lined.
>
> > and
> > found "right sacroiliac joint fixation

> I hope he wasn't x-raying your knees to find this...? It's also BS:
> sacroiliac joints that are not pretty darn well fixed are a recipy for pain.

He X-rayed my entire spine, as well as my hip.

> > causing bio-mechanical strain to
> > lower extremities.

> And exactly how was this happening?

I'd feel tightness in my legs around my knees after standing or walking
for a few minutes. Knees quivered and felt unsteady when going
downhill or down stairs.

> > While I
> > can accept that a messed up sacroiliac joint can cause the shooting
> > pain,

> Generally it's the sciatic nerve that causes the leg shooting pain, not
> the SI joint. SI joint shooting pain feels like someone is pushing a
> nail into your SI joint.

The chiro did mention the sciatic nerve. My SI joint doesn't feel
painful unless someone pushes on it while I'm lying on my stomach.

> See a rheumatologist. A chiropractor could do a lot more harm than just
> lightening your wallet.

Thanks. I'll look into that. I actually did see my general physician
at first. He was the one who sent me to the orthopedist, who,
dumbstruck by my symptoms, refered me to a physical therapist.

hintofsmile <[email protected]> wrote:

I scribbled:

>> Aaaaanyway, how old are you? (That seems to be my first
>> question of late with every response I make.)

>I'm 21.

Okay. So, you're a young'n who - hopefully - has plenty of healing
power left in you. When you've doubled that age or more is when the
slow-healing begins. So lamenteth the gray beard!

>> Can you clarify the dates? This injury took place in June or July of
>> 2005 - this year, right?

>Happened gradually between August and September. I started lifting in
>July. By August I was doing 140 lb deadlifts (I'm 6'1, 160 lbs). By

I'm same height and weight. Are you all legs or, like me, all torso? I
imagine that having really long legs would make deadlifting a pain in
the neck (or shins moreso).

You know, there's a book out by Joyce Vedral titled Top Shape
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0446395331/qid=1135991169/sr=8-10/ref=pd_bbs_10/104-7097495-6227960?n=507846&s=books&v=glance>.
She discounts leg exercises in this book entirely. Listing all the
upper body work that men can do and completely ignoring legs. Most
guys are looking for the shoulders and arms for appearance sake
anyway.

Perhaps while your healing those knees you could concentrate on your
benching, pulldowns, seated presses, dumbbell curls, etc. Hit your
upper body and rest your lower body for a six- to eight-week cycle.

>September I was lifting 160 lbs. Like I said, I neglected the strain
>on my lower back 'cause I thought it'd heal on its own.
>
>> How much time have you taken off from lifting?

>I stopped lifting in the beginning of October. I've actually stopped
>exercising altogether, trying to minimize the use of my legs.

Well, how severe is this pain? If you've stopped lifting completely,
is it due to holiday laziness, a too busy schedule or because the pain
has been that severe? If it's due to the pain level then certainly
check out a regular family doctor type and see what recommendation
they would have.

I've been very happy with my chiro, but I don't or haven't had
anything that would keep me out of the gym, fortunately.

Franco Columbu (ol' Ah-nuld's training buddy from back in the day and
a doctor of chiropractic, by the way) stated in one of his books that
most can tell the difference between /general muscle soreness/ pain
and /damn-what-did-I-destroy-now?/ pain. If you're suffering from
general pain then suck it up as soon as possible and get back in the
gym - yes, working around the painful parts, but continuing to work
out. Seriously, best of luck with your training! And please report
back regarding your progress.

>Here's more proof he's a <snip>

Dear Dipshit,

If you click on "Options" at the top it will allow you to actually
quote sh!t rather than what you seem to be doing - clicking on "Reply"
at the bottom.

Sincerely,
Curt

P.S. Uh, never mind all that. Please stop posting entirely. Thanks.

--

"Curt James" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>>Here's more proof he's a <snip>

> Dear Dipshit,
>
> If you click on "Options" at the top it will allow you to actually
> quote sh!t rather than what you seem to be doing - clicking on "Reply"
> at the bottom.
>
> Sincerely,
> Curt
>
> P.S. Uh, never mind all that. Please stop posting entirely. Thanks.

Congratulations Curt - seems you have progressed from Troll Enabler to a
full fledged troll! Wonder how that happened? I'm lonely now as the sole
troll enabler. So do I enable all the 4 trolls or do some of them troll
without being enabled? This is sooo confusing! Does it feel any different
now that you are a troll?

hintofsmile <[email protected]> wrote:

re chiro releasing films

>I did ask him to borrow or take copies of the X-ray films to show my
>other doctors. He said the doctor would have to fax him the request to
>get the films. That's when I started to get really skeptical about
>this guy.

The guy may indeed be a total jerk, but there are rules regarding the
release of medical information. I wouldn't be surprised if they vary.

Here's a bit from
http://www.ncsu.edu/policies/student_services/student_health/REG11.45.6.php

"Written authorization for release of information, including releasing
diagnostic tests to outside ordering physicians must be requested from
the patient. Possible uses of the information should be explained to
the patient. It should be explained to the patient that granting
consent is strictly on a voluntary basis."

/ncsu.edu

You'd think that your verbal request would be enough, but in this age
of legal this and lawsuit that and medical malpractice the next thing,
well, maybe the chiro was just following the letter of the law... or,
yeah, again, he could just be a jerk!

>Where did all this negative **** come from?

NOT FROM ME!

:eek:)

But, hey, I'm - what was that again, Duuuuhbooya, beak-boy,
bald-headed dipshit wonder of the midwest or wherever you live? - A
DON-DON-DONHHH ~*MFW KNOWN TROLL*~!!!

>Every profession has its jerks and losers, but dont put all of us in here!
>You wouldnt dare tell this BS to the lady with the aortic aneurism, and
>the lady with the Cardiac Condition (SubclavianSteal) I diagnosed in my
>office on Tuesday. Thats just 2 patients one day.
>
> And Spodosaurus, did you know that Essentials Of Skeletal Radiology
>was written by a DC, and is used in most Med Schools and Teaching
>Hospitals?
>
> Did you also know that we REGULARLY receive direct referrals from
>PCPs, Neurolgists and Neurosurgeons, serve on the staff of many
>hospitals, write texts, do research.
>
>Oh, BTW, the feds are now studying (with grant$) the remarkable
>results with some learning disabled and ADHD children.
>
>Should I go on?

Yes, please do.

>The bottom line is a bad doc is a bad doc, no matter what their degree.

GET SOME, DOC!

heh

Seriously.

Although Ari and - was it ATP*? - offered a caveat, something like,
/not all chiropractors are bad/ it was rather weak. I'd say not at all
balanced (or even nuanced!), imo.

--

Paul Cassel <[email protected]> wrote:

>hintofsmile wrote:
>> I donno if my chiropractor is bullshitting me just so he can keep
>> another client. Let me know what you think:
>>

>sounds to me like a crock from a crank. why did you even bother to go to
>one of these fakers?

It's ironic (hey, to me anyway) that any portion of an MFW crowd would
rant against chiropractic. Weight training used to be considered a
faker's activity. You were doomed to be *muscle bound* if you chose to
follow the /crock from a crank/ that was the words from an exercise
enthusiast or physcial culturist.

Oh, well, for some MFWers, the word remains flat.

--

hintofsmile <[email protected]> wrote:

>> If you'll forgive a simple but hopefully very effective suggestion, try
>> putting your knee through a full range of motion for reps every day, even
>> more than once a day. Something like bodyweight squats, either flat-footed
>> or up on your toes at the bottom, but full range - thighs resting on calves.
>> Be sure your knees and feet track in the same direction, and see if a few
>> days of this - build up gradually, of course - doesn't make you feel better.
>> One of the biggest reasons for joint problems is lack of use, such as you
>> describe following injury.
>>
>> -S-
>> http://www.kbnj.com

>Thanks for the suggestion. It *did* occur to me that the weakness in
>my legs is from lack of use. But going full range (thighs on calves),
>in my current condition will definitely be painful on the knees. I've
>tried. Still, I'll try building gradually.

Well, then, how about less than bodyweight? You could perform (or give
it a shot) leg presses with light weight through a full range of
motion and gradually build from there.

--

David <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Curt James" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>
>>>Here's more proof he's a <snip>

>> Dear Dipshit,
>>
>> If you click on "Options" at the top it will allow you to actually
>> quote sh!t rather than what you seem to be doing - clicking on "Reply"
>> at the bottom.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Curt
>>
>> P.S. Uh, never mind all that. Please stop posting entirely. Thanks.
>>

>Congratulations Curt - seems you have progressed from Troll Enabler to a
>full fledged troll! Wonder how that happened? I'm lonely now as the sole
>troll enabler. So do I enable all the 4 trolls or do some of them troll
>without being enabled? This is sooo confusing! Does it feel any different
>now that you are a troll?

<sniff, poo poo, tut tut>

Uh, sorry, old fellow. I simply can't speak with you any longer as
you're OBVIOUSLY not in my social circle. Enabler though you may be,
you are, unfortunately NOT a true and full-fledged troll. Excuse me,
~*Troll*~!!! (Gotta dress that word up as much as possible to truly
emphasize the weight of such an honor as being named T-t-t-t
rock'nROLLLLL!!!!!)

Oh, what the hell, I guess rules were made to be broken. Still, ME a
KNOWN MFW TROLL speaking with a mere troll enabler. The horror. What
will Hugh think? Wait? Is he a troll? Damn. What's that link or URL
again?

DEAR JERK! I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY MEMBERSHIP CARD! GET ON THE BALL
WITH MY KIT! DID YOU SEND IT USPS OR UPS? GOD, MAN, GET ORGANIZED!

And how do I make it to the top of the heap? (I think what did it was
the repeated references to his INCREDIBLY HYOOOGE SCCHHHHNOZZ!!!

No, but seriously...

Wait, that IS serious. God, what a beak. I mean, Lord. Effing beakity,
beak, beak, BEAK. B-e-a-k, beak! Ishay eakbay is uckingfay uuuuugehay!

But, yes, David, I'm glad you asked about the pre-troll and post-troll
*feel*. Why, I can't say that I've noticed any difference yet. I'm
still overwhelmed by the sheer thrill of being named an ACTUAL troll.

And to think I could've been overlooked... unknown... ignored...
f-f-forgotten (insert those kitty cat eyes from that Shrek movie
/here/) if not for what'shisface's troll identification system. How
close to obscurity! Woooooh! Still, I'm sure it will hit me
eventually. Kinda overwhelming, like I said.

Oh, and I'm just kidding about not speaking to you. Troll, troll
enabler, enabler of the troll enabler, it's all good, right? I mean,
it's hard to distinguish the difference, actually. And, hey, this is
coming from the mouth of a duly-appointed MFW WELL KNOWN TROLL.

(Although he did seem to put some sh!tty disclaimer there in the small
print. Contradictory POS that he is.)

Wishing you a Happy New Year, David!

(adjusts crown)

Yeah, I haven't gotten the membership kit or card yet, but I did
spring for a crown. Apparently, I'm not King of the Trolls, but I
bought the crown anyway. I'm, y'know, a rebel. Dipshit said so. :eek:)

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

"Curt James" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]

> /here/) if not for what'shisface's troll identification system. How
> close to obscurity! Woooooh! Still, I'm sure it will hit me
> eventually. Kinda overwhelming, like I said.
>
> Oh, and I'm just kidding about not speaking to you. Troll, troll
> enabler, enabler of the troll enabler, it's all good, right? I mean,
> it's hard to distinguish the difference, actually. And, hey, this is
> coming from the mouth of a duly-appointed MFW WELL KNOWN TROLL.
>
> (Although he did seem to put some sh!tty disclaimer there in the small
> print. Contradictory POS that he is.)
>
> Wishing you a Happy New Year, David!
>
> (adjusts crown)
>
> Yeah, I haven't gotten the membership kit or card yet, but I did
> spring for a crown. Apparently, I'm not King of the Trolls, but I
> bought the crown anyway. I'm, y'know, a rebel. Dipshit said so. :eek:)

I think you should be a little bit more contrite Curt - after all you are
now a TROLL and it certainly is not something to be proud of! My only
question is how you progressed to 'troll' from 'troll enabler' so quickly.
When did that happen? Just on Friday? Was there a questionnaire or anything
you had to fill out?

> [...]

> /here/) if not for what'shisface's troll identification system. How
> close to obscurity! Woooooh! Still, I'm sure it will hit me
> eventually. Kinda overwhelming, like I said.
>
> Oh, and I'm just kidding about not speaking to you. Troll, troll
> enabler, enabler of the troll enabler, it's all good, right? I mean,
> it's hard to distinguish the difference, actually. And, hey, this is
> coming from the mouth of a duly-appointed MFW WELL KNOWN TROLL.
>
> (Although he did seem to put some sh!tty disclaimer there in the small
> print. Contradictory POS that he is.)
>
> Wishing you a Happy New Year, David!
>
> (adjusts crown)
>
> Yeah, I haven't gotten the membership kit or card yet, but I did
> spring for a crown. Apparently, I'm not King of the Trolls, but I
> bought the crown anyway. I'm, y'know, a rebel. Dipshit said so. :eek:)

You know I was a little worried about my trip coming up as JMW hinted that
he could put a stop to it. I phoned the court house in Wooser and tried to
talk to a guy called Martin Frantz to get some more info. He had already
gone home but they said I could try again on Tuesday. Just trying to get
clarification as apparently this is Ohio law we are talking about. So will
check this thing out as I am a little concerned - you know it's expensive to
get the tickets etc and to found out at the last minute that there is a
problem! So I take this kind of warning seriously i.e. he did say "one
should become familiar with Ohio criminal statutes on Telecommunications
Harassment and Coercion" Sounds like serious stuff, criminal and all My
lawyer says it should be checked out as normally assistant prosecutors would
not make a threat like that lightly. So if Dipshit can come back to me
urgently to say if he plans to try to disrupt my trip or if his threat is
'idle'. Otherwise I will certainly speak with Mr Frantz when he gets back on
Tues and discuss this with him.

David <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Curt James" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> David <[email protected]> wrote:

<snip>
>>>Congratulations Curt - seems you have progressed from Troll Enabler to a
>>>full fledged troll! Wonder how that happened? I'm lonely now as the sole
>>>troll enabler. So do I enable all the 4 trolls or do some of them troll
>>>without being enabled? This is sooo confusing! Does it feel any different
>>>now that you are a troll?

>> <sniff, poo poo, tut tut>
>>
>> Uh, sorry, old fellow. I simply can't speak with you any longer as
>> you're OBVIOUSLY not in my social circle. Enabler though you may be,
>> you are, unfortunately NOT a true and full-fledged troll. Excuse me,
>> ~*Troll*~!!! (Gotta dress that word up as much as possible to truly
>> emphasize the weight of such an honor as being named T-t-t-t
>> rock'nROLLLLL!!!!!)
>>
>> Oh, what the hell, I guess rules were made to be broken. Still, ME a
>> KNOWN MFW TROLL speaking with a mere troll enabler. The horror. What
>> will Hugh think? Wait? Is he a troll? Damn. What's that link or URL
>> again?
>>
>> DEAR JERK! I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY MEMBERSHIP CARD! GET ON THE BALL
>> WITH MY KIT! DID YOU SEND IT USPS OR UPS? GOD, MAN, GET ORGANIZED!
>>
>> And how do I make it to the top of the heap? (I think what did it was
>> the repeated references to his INCREDIBLY HYOOOGE SCCHHHHNOZZ!!!
>>
>> No, but seriously...
>>
>> Wait, that IS serious. God, what a beak. I mean, Lord. Effing beakity,
>> beak, beak, BEAK. B-e-a-k, beak! Ishay eakbay is uckingfay uuuuugehay!
>>
>> But, yes, David, I'm glad you asked about the pre-troll and post-troll
>> *feel*. Why, I can't say that I've noticed any difference yet. I'm
>> still overwhelmed by the sheer thrill of being named an ACTUAL troll.
>>
>> And to think I could've been overlooked... unknown... ignored...
>> f-f-forgotten (insert those kitty cat eyes from that Shrek movie
>> /here/) if not for what'shisface's troll identification system. How
>> close to obscurity! Woooooh! Still, I'm sure it will hit me
>> eventually. Kinda overwhelming, like I said.
>>
>> Oh, and I'm just kidding about not speaking to you. Troll, troll
>> enabler, enabler of the troll enabler, it's all good, right? I mean,
>> it's hard to distinguish the difference, actually. And, hey, this is
>> coming from the mouth of a duly-appointed MFW WELL KNOWN TROLL.
>>
>> (Although he did seem to put some sh!tty disclaimer there in the small
>> print. Contradictory POS that he is.)
>>
>> Wishing you a Happy New Year, David!
>>
>> (adjusts crown)
>>
>> Yeah, I haven't gotten the membership kit or card yet, but I did
>> spring for a crown. Apparently, I'm not King of the Trolls, but I
>> bought the crown anyway. I'm, y'know, a rebel. Dipshit said so. :eek:)

>I think you should be a little bit more contrite Curt

What? Contrite? What are you talking about?

>- after all you are now a TROLL

Hey, you forgot the dressy stuff: ~*TROLL!!!!*~

And I am REALLY digging on the whole...

T-t-t-t-t-t-rock'nRRRRROOOOLLLLLL aspect of it all. Kinda like
professional wrestling, don't you agree?

Suh-WEET! Really. I told all my family. I'm going to start a Web group
for fans and sell merchandise as soon as I can set up a decent
cafepress shop. It's gonna be fantastic!

>and it certainly is not something to be proud of!

God, David. You're so jealous.

What? You're not serious, are you? It's NOT something to be proud of?
Oh, for the love of Pete! And here I thought it was a good thing?
Jeez, how do I get this thing off of me? Oh, hell! I-i-i, well, I just
didn't know. I thought it was something to be proud of. Damn. Just my
luck.

What EVER will I do? ****.

(Is this going to be in my permanent file? Thank God, Santa's already
come and gone. HA! And by next year this time? He'll forget. I'm all
good. Whew.)

>My only question is how you progressed to 'troll'
>from 'troll enabler' so quickly.

Oh, that? I'm not entirely sure, but I'd guess it was the beak
business. Although he and I have a very similar appearance, his
freaking NOOOOOSE is at least 27 percent larger than mine. I mean,
man. Double D nostrils and a friggin' freight train beak. We're
talkin' serious schnozzola, imo. Of course, how can the truth create a
troll. Not what Wiki says, but, hey, what'shisface said it's mostly
(or did he say ALL?) opinion.

>When did that happen?

Beats me. A friend told me the good news. WELL, I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD
NEWS UNTIL ~*YOU*~ POPPED MY BUBBLE!

Not something to be proud of. Dang. I was totally psyched, too.

>Just on Friday?

I SAID I DON'T KNOW!!!! Will you stop harassing me about this troll
business? Are you bucking for full-troll status yourself??? Hey,
you're just yanking my chain, aren't you? Troll status IS something to
be very proud of, right? Come on. A joke's a joke, but you can level
with me. You're just SAYING it's something to NOT be proud of because
I made it to troll before you, right? Awwww, it's cool. You'll make it
some day. Just be patient. We can't all ascend as quickly as others.

Don't worry, buddy. I'll put a good word in for you, okay? You're a
shoe-in!

HEY JERK!!!! HO!!! ATTENTION JERKFACE!!!! DAVID THINKS YOU GOT A
HYOOOOOGE FRIGGIN' SCHNOZZ, TOO! HE SAID YOUR FACE LOOKS MINISCULE BY
COMPARISON! YOU LOOK LIKE ONE OF THOSE DISTORTED PUPPY DOG PICTURES
WITH THE HUGE FREAKIN' PUPPY DOG SCHNOZZ AND THE TINY PUPPY DOG BODY!
YEAH! HEY YOU LISTENIN'??? HELLO! IS ANYONE THERE? IS THIS THING
RECORDING??? DAVID SAID, "HEY BEAK-BOY! BEAKITY, BEAK, BEAKER!!!!"
THAT'S WHAT HE SAID I SWEAR-TO-GOD HE DID!!! AND WHERE'S MY MEMBERSHIP
KIT???? YOU SHOULDA SENT IT FED EX, YOU CHEAP POS!

>Was there a questionnaire or anything you had to fill out?

Newp. Try the nose strategy.

Of course, it could've been something else. Maybe Chaz pulled some
strings for me.

--

David <[email protected]> wrote:

>I phoned the court house in Wooser and tried to
>talk to a guy called Martin Frantz to get some more
>info. He had already gone home but they said I
>could try again on Tuesday. Just trying to get
>clarification as apparently this is Ohio law we are
>talking about. So will check this thing out as I am
>a little concerned

Me too. Ask Franz about my membership kit. I mean, I'm a
T-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-rrrrrock'nRRRRROOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!! I deserve over-nite
delivery, right? I wonder what Ohio law says about that.

Could you ping me with Marty's phone number? Naaaah. I'll give it a
few business days. What with the holiday and all.

HEY, ARE YOU LISTENING? I'M BEING PATIENT!!!! I'M PROBABLY THE MOST
PATIENT T-T-T-T-ROCK'NROLLL YOU KNOW!!!

I'll bet there's a certificate and everything. Me, troll! I mean, how
cool is that?

Good luck on your trip, David!

--

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:56:46 -0500, "ATP*"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"hintofsmile" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>I donno if my chiropractor is bullshitting me just so he can keep
>> another client. Let me know what you think:
>>
>> I have some pain around both knees. My chiropractor took an X-ray and
>> found "right sacroiliac joint fixation causing bio-mechanical strain to
>> lower extremities. Subluxation of 5th lumbar."
>>
>> On top of the knee pain, my legs have been weaker and unsteady in
>> general, and I sometimes feel pain shooting down my left leg. While I
>> can accept that a messed up sacroiliac joint can cause the shooting
>> pain, I'm less certain about its affect on my knees.
>>
>> I'll describe my injury. It happened last summer, when I abused my
>> back deadlifting and squatting too much weight (I did mostly sumo
>> deadlifts because I'm tall and thin). Consequently, I had some lower
>> back pain, but that was recovering on its own so I wasn't really
>> bothered.
>>
>> However, my left knee started to feel strange a few weeks after I
>> stopped lifting (because of school). It wasn't a painful sensation,
>> but felt more like an unusual tension around the knee joint. For the
>> next few weeks the discomfort became more apparent and my knee started
>> to hurt after walking. Soon, I was reduced to always walking at half
>> speed with a slight limp.
>>
>> I went to see a orthopedist, who X-rayed and MRIed my knee and saw
>> nothing wrong (except a slight outward-shifted kneecap).
>>
>> Soon, my other leg was having the same problem. I also noticed that my
>> legs were becoming weak and unsteady. I tried acupuncture (on the
>> knees) and acupressure (on my lower back) with no improvement. Finally
>> I went to a chiropractor and he gave me the diagnosis I described
>> above.

>Most chiropractors are just hucksters practicing magick and physical
>therapy. Although this is not true for all chiropractors. Some are sexual
>deviants as well.

hee...

--
Is this thing on?

In article <[email protected]>,
hintofsmile <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks for the suggestion. It *did* occur to me that the weakness in
>my legs is from lack of use. But going full range (thighs on calves),
>in my current condition will definitely be painful on the knees. I've
>tried. Still, I'll try building gradually.

It's OK to use less than full bodyweight, by holding onto a doorframe
or table or something. What matters is the full range of motion under
some tension (so lying down with your feet in the air won't work).

Seth
--
The only difference between this place and hell is that a lot of the people
I would like to meet are in hell and I don't see so many here. -- Bryce Lane

"Curt James" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> David <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>I phoned the court house in Wooser and tried to
>>talk to a guy called Martin Frantz to get some more
>>info. He had already gone home but they said I
>>could try again on Tuesday. Just trying to get
>>clarification as apparently this is Ohio law we are
>>talking about. So will check this thing out as I am
>>a little concerned

> Me too. Ask Franz about my membership kit. I mean, I'm a
> T-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-rrrrrock'nRRRRROOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!! I deserve over-nite
> delivery, right? I wonder what Ohio law says about that.
>
> Could you ping me with Marty's phone number?

330-2623030 Martin Frantz is the chief prosecutor - fax is - Fax
330-2875412

The receptionist over there is pretty cool - we had a little chat - she gave
me a bit of an insight. Interesting.

[......]
> Good luck on your trip, David!

Thanks!
> [...]

> some day. Just be patient. We can't all ascend as quickly as others.
>
> Don't worry, buddy. I'll put a good word in for you, okay? You're a
> shoe-in!
>
> HEY JERK!!!! HO!!! ATTENTION JERKFACE!!!! DAVID THINKS YOU GOT A
> HYOOOOOGE FRIGGIN' SCHNOZZ, TOO! HE SAID YOUR FACE LOOKS MINISCULE BY
> COMPARISON! YOU LOOK LIKE ONE OF THOSE DISTORTED PUPPY DOG PICTURES
> WITH THE HUGE FREAKIN' PUPPY DOG SCHNOZZ AND THE TINY PUPPY DOG BODY!
> YEAH! HEY YOU LISTENIN'??? HELLO! IS ANYONE THERE? IS THIS THING
> RECORDING??? DAVID SAID, "HEY BEAK-BOY! BEAKITY, BEAK, BEAKER!!!!"
> THAT'S WHAT HE SAID I SWEAR-TO-GOD HE DID!!! AND WHERE'S MY MEMBERSHIP
> KIT???? YOU SHOULDA SENT IT FED EX, YOU CHEAP POS!
>
>>Was there a questionnaire or anything you had to fill out?

> Newp. Try the nose strategy.
>
> Of course, it could've been something else. Maybe Chaz pulled some

Jesus Curt - my freaking sides are aching!! This has to be the funniest post
I have read in ages!

hintofsmile wrote:

> I have some pain around both knees. My chiropractor took an X-ray and
> found "right sacroiliac joint fixation causing bio-mechanical strain to
> lower extremities. Subluxation of 5th lumbar."

Did you get any back adjustments? If so did that help?

> I'll describe my injury. It happened last summer, when I abused my
> back deadlifting and squatting too much weight (I did mostly sumo
> deadlifts because I'm tall and thin). Consequently, I had some lower
> back pain, but that was recovering on its own so I wasn't really
> bothered.
>
> However, my left knee started to feel strange a few weeks after I
> stopped lifting (because of school). It wasn't a painful sensation,
> but felt more like an unusual tension around the knee joint. For the
> next few weeks the discomfort became more apparent and my knee started
> to hurt after walking. Soon, I was reduced to always walking at half
> speed with a slight limp.
>
> I went to see a orthopedist, who X-rayed and MRIed my knee and saw
> nothing wrong (except a slight outward-shifted kneecap).
>
> Soon, my other leg was having the same problem. I also noticed that my
> legs were becoming weak and unsteady. I tried acupuncture (on the
> knees) and acupressure (on my lower back) with no improvement. Finally
> I went to a chiropractor and he gave me the diagnosis I described
> above.

The knee cap(s) shifted out seems to indicate poor knee tracking.
Start doing some bodyweight step-ups on a low step to help with that.

Like this
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/DBStepUp.html,
except without the dumbbells and on a lower step.

Deep bodyweight squats is another good leg exercise to do.

[email protected] wrote:
> Here's more proof he's a ****.

I guess you think this counts as a 'valuable contribution' to the group.
Unfortunately, like your 'contributions' everywhere else, it's just
shite. Let us all know when you actually pick up a weight and start
losing your lard ****.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

Curt James wrote:
> hintofsmile <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> re chiro releasing films
>

>>I did ask him to borrow or take copies of the X-ray films to show my
>>other doctors. He said the doctor would have to fax him the request to
>>get the films. That's when I started to get really skeptical about
>>this guy.

> The guy may indeed be a total jerk, but there are rules regarding the
> release of medical information. I wouldn't be surprised if they vary.

X-rays belong to the patient. If the chiro is holding them, and his
'report', he's trying to hide that he is completely unqualified to order
and review x-rays.

> Here's a bit from
> http://www.ncsu.edu/policies/student_services/student_health/REG11.45.6.php
>
> "Written authorization for release of information, including releasing
> diagnostic tests to outside ordering physicians must be requested from
> the patient. Possible uses of the information should be explained to
> the patient. It should be explained to the patient that granting
> consent is strictly on a voluntary basis."
>
> /ncsu.edu

These are for medical notes and such, x-rays are patient property and
the patient's responsibility. Also, a chiro is NOT a physician!

Cheers,

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/