knee pain

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by hintofsmile, Dec 30, 2005.

  1. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:

    >I've heard lots of people who are not medical doctors or academics call
    >themselves doctors, capitalising on the connotations that go along with
    >that term. Mouth breathers might fall for it, but not the rest of us.

    Us? Speak for yourself. And, you know what, I hope that a chiropractor
    comes up with a cure for whatever ails ya, Ari. That's be sweet.
    Solutions come from a variety of sources. You never know.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  2. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    Curt James wrote:
    > Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote: (snipped here and there)
    >
    > re the fact that there are /good/ chiropractors
    >

    >>Funny how people keep missing the fact that
    >>I've acknowledged that point REPEATEDLY.

    > People keep missing that, eh?
    >
    > Is that ALL people or just some?
    >

    >>Either there's a pocket of people with reading
    >>disabilities on MFW, or

    > Or...
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/d0a6eed0941556f3
    >
    > Specifically: "Although Ari and - was it ATP*? - offered a caveat,
    > something like, /not all chiropractors are bad/ it was rather weak.
    > I'd say not at all balanced (or even nuanced!), imo."
    >
    > So, Ari, do you count yourself among that potential pocket of people
    > with reading disabilities on MFW? I'll give you an out: Perhaps you
    > skipped that post.
    >
    > *Cheers!*

    Curt, see my reply to queeny before this one. There are at least two
    instances in this thread alone (actually I think there are at least
    three...I'm losing count of how many times I've said it) where I
    acknowledge that there are good chiropractors and I have experienced
    one. If you can't find them, well, please don't breed.

    cheers mate,

    Ari

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  3. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    Curt James wrote:
    > Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Knowing about injuries involving the atlas or axis
    >>certainly does not qualify anyone to be labelled a
    >>"know-it-all".

    > Does not qualify anyone to be labeled an asshole either.
    >
    > And yet you are.
    >
    > Hnh.

    Another exceptional contribution by curt. Where would this newsgroup be
    without him?

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  4. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    Curt James wrote:
    > Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:
    >

    >>I've heard lots of people who are not medical doctors or academics call
    >>themselves doctors, capitalising on the connotations that go along with
    >>that term. Mouth breathers might fall for it, but not the rest of us.

    > Us? Speak for yourself.

    Well I'm obviously not speaking for you. Try not to let the drool get
    all over the stage.

    > And, you know what, I hope that a chiropractor
    > comes up with a cure for whatever ails ya, Ari.

    As the expression falls from my face, I realise that you have no
    knowledge of human biology, medicine, or even science. I've been talking
    with a monkey that can type. Exceptional for a monkey, really, but quite
    shameful for me to not realise he was kept in a cage and longed to eat
    the fleas from the other furry primates.

    > That's be sweet.
    > Solutions come from a variety of sources. You never know.

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  5. JMW

    JMW Guest

    spodosaurus <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:

    >Curt, see my reply to queeny before this one. There are at least two
    >instances in this thread alone (actually I think there are at least
    >three...I'm losing count of how many times I've said it) where I
    >acknowledge that there are good chiropractors and I have experienced
    >one. If you can't find them, well, please don't breed.

    Curt uses a highly effective method of birth control: his personality.

  6. JRH

    JRH Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 01:49:13 GMT, [email protected] (The Queen of
    Cans and Jars) wrote:

    >David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Now, now, it is certainly possible to have an atlas-axis subluxation without
    >> being on a ventilator.
    >>
    >> I just want to know how Queenie works out with that halo? Must get in the
    >> way.

    >Now that my neck isn't all jacked up, it's much easier to keep my halo
    >balanced.

    At a slightly rakish angle I hope Queenie?

    Happy New Year to you and yours! ;o)

    HAGNYD!

  7. David

    David Guest

    "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Curt James wrote:
    >> Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Knowing about injuries involving the atlas or axis certainly does not
    >>>qualify anyone to be labelled a "know-it-all".

    >> Does not qualify anyone to be labeled an asshole either.
    >>
    >> And yet you are.
    >> Hnh.
    >>

    > Another exceptional contribution by curt. Where would this newsgroup be
    > without him?

    Duller

  8. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    spodosaurus wrote:
    > hintofsmile wrote:
    >
    >> The pain isn't severe, but making the trip to the gym would definitely
    >> aggravate it. It's not so much the pain that keeps me from exercising
    >> as much as it's the weakness in my legs and their unsteadiness.
    >>
    >> I haven't mentioned this, but *all* of my limbs now quiver and spasm
    >> when I use them. For example, my hand tends to jerk randomly whenever
    >> I write, making my recent handwriting quite messy. I just became aware
    >> that this may be related to my spine.
    >>

    > I'm not going to say what this sounds like, assuming this is a chronic
    > problem that isn't just the result of some short term fatigue or stress.
    > See a doctor please. The knee pain may be unrelated to the shakiness
    > you're experiencing.
    >
    > Ari

    I'd just like to reiterate to the OP to please see a doctor about his
    musle shaking and weakness if this has been going on for any length of
    time and there's no obvious cause for it (like trying to write after a
    heavy workout, etc). There's a distinct possibility that it will require
    medical attention.

    Ari

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  9. David Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    David wrote:
    > Yes I agree totally. Why, the other day I saw my doctor with a pain head -
    > he told me to get an xray of my brain. Anyway, they did an xray of my brain
    > and you know what? They couldn't find anything.

    Oh, that's just an exaggeration! They must have found SOMETHING. A
    little stuffed koala bear? Raspberry jelly? Something?

    David
    me, noy you

  10. David

    David Guest

    "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > David wrote:
    >> Yes I agree totally. Why, the other day I saw my doctor with a pain
    >> head -
    >> he told me to get an xray of my brain. Anyway, they did an xray of my
    >> brain
    >> and you know what? They couldn't find anything.

    > Oh, that's just an exaggeration! They must have found SOMETHING. A
    > little stuffed koala bear? Raspberry jelly? Something?

    I believe you just broke your brand new new years resolution.

  11. David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:

    > An Indian Swami Halo would been you balanced AND keep your chakras in
    > alignment.
    >
    > But, seriously (as seriously as I'm able, which isn't a lot usually),
    > if you ever get a copy of the xray, take it to your local hospital and
    > ask a radiologist to look at it. Has to be a radiologist, who
    > specializes in reading xrays and other types of imaging, and you can't
    > tell him what the chiropractor said. Because even a great radiologist
    > can';t read films while rolling around on the floor laughing
    > hysterically.
    >
    > I like chiropractors, and use them, when they stick to what they do
    > best...advanced physical therapy. The rest are con artists and quacks.
    > They should NEVER be allowed near an xray machine, as that is used to
    > con the shee...I mean, the "patients". You can use xrays and cat scans
    > and mris to show just about anything.
    >
    > Interesting study of back pain: they cat scanned a bunch of people with
    > chronic low back pain, and a control bunch of people who had never had
    > low back pain. Then they gave the cat scans to radiologists to read.
    > Surprise, surprise, surprise: a large number of the owee people had no
    > radiographically demonstrable problem, and a large number of no-owee
    > people DID have radiographically demonstrable "subluxations" and other
    > stuff.
    >
    > Truth hurts. Not as much as a compression sacroiliac joint, but, there
    > ya' go.

    Yeah, I don't have back pain. I've never had back problems. My problem
    was my neck, and it seems to be fixed.

    I'm also not spending any more money on the situation unless for some
    bizarre reason it suddenly unresolves itself, so ... yeah, not
    contacting any radiologists anytime soon. But thanks for the advice.

  12. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:

    Heyyyy, Happy New Year, sports fan! How you doin', Ari, ol' pal?

    Listen, excuse the top-posting but I wanted to be clear that I've
    snipped all of your apparent opponent's post and, yeah, most /of your
    hysterical ranting/. Just skipping to the good parts. I assure you,
    your comments stand alone without benefit of their embarrassing and
    Ari-incriminating context.

    >you were crapping on about an issue which
    >does not exist.

    But, ari, YOU ARE THE ISSUE. (Do you exist? If so, then I'd say
    they're "crapping on about an issue" which DOES exist. Hnh.

    >you're the only one who makes statements like
    >that, and you've been doing it since you were a
    >teenager and probably even younger. Please
    >look up borderline personality disorder, you'll
    >recognise yourself in the symptoms even if you
    >do not qualify for the full diagnosis.

    So you've known this other MFW patron since they were a teenager and
    you believe you're qualified to make those assessments accurately?
    Wait, you wouldn't be blowing smoke, would you? Just saying stuff to
    criticize your opponent (Didn't you say something about argumentative
    to me? What WAS that word you used? Perhaps acrimonious.) in a failed
    attempt to make them look bad.

    >Blatently incorrect.

    HAW! What kind of incorrect? Again, I love it when pompous jerks tell
    another person that they're wrong and then screw up equally or worse.
    heh

    (Oops. Did I spell all that correctly?) ;o) Anyway, I guess I'm
    blatantly being a jerk to you, Ari. I think you deserve it. Of course,
    don't we all at times. The capacity for one person to be mean-spirited
    to another is simply incredible. I'm sure most people have witnessed
    such behavior. Perhaps they've conducted themselves in such a manner
    as well. *sigh*

    Yes, I'm guilty.

    >I've snipped the rest of your hysterical ranting,

    HOW CONVENIENT! heh

    So, it's okay for you to snip but when someone else does it then you
    believe it's okay to pitch a fit. Gotcha.

    >I'm sure those around you who haven't fled have
    >much more patientce for personality disorders
    >than I do.

    Every personality could be described as some type of /disorder/
    <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-29%2CGGLG%3Aen&q=disorder%2C+definition&btnG=Search>.
    Do you consider yourself /normal/? Is your personality
    run-of-the-mill?

    >Cheers,
    >
    >Ari

    Of, of course, CHEERS, ARI!

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  13. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:

    re the fact that there are /good/ chiropractors

    >>>Funny how people keep missing the fact that
    >>>I've acknowledged that point REPEATEDLY.

    >>>Either there's a pocket of people with reading
    >>>disabilities on MFW, or

    So I sez to myself, "Self, let's demonstrate to ol' Ari that I do not
    have a reading disability and that, yeah, mebbe HE DOES." I post the
    following URL:

    http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/d0a6eed0941556f3

    I even include the relevant text just in case he's not interested in
    clicking the link:

    "Although Ari and - was it ATP*? - offered a caveat, something like,
    /not all chiropractors are bad/ it was rather weak."

    So, again, Ari, do you count yourself among that pocket of people with
    reading disabilities on MFW? Yeah, that's what I thought.

    >Curt, see my reply to queeny before this one.

    And? They would indicate that you're a jerk. Just how does that
    support your argument? Wait, it's not an argument. You're just
    dribbling down your pants front. Do zip up, Ar.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  14. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    JMW <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Curt uses a highly effective method of birth control:
    >his personality.

    aahahahahaHAHAHAHAH! Sweet. Hey, I take it back if I EVER said you
    didn't have a sense of humor. heh

    Funny stuff!

    Troll enabler.

    (Add yourself post-haste.)

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  15. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> whiiiiiiined:

    >Curt James wrote:
    >> Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Knowing about injuries involving the atlas or axis
    >>>certainly does not qualify anyone to be labelled a
    >>>"know-it-all".

    >> Does not qualify anyone to be labeled an asshole either.
    >>
    >> And yet you are.
    >>
    >> Hnh.

    >Another exceptional contribution by curt. Where would this
    >newsgroup be without him?

    Perhaps you'll find out.

    I mean, typically, people think they'll live forever. You've got some
    idea that you're going to die sooner than you'd like, but you could,
    in fact, outlive everyone here.

    JMW makes reference to rec.arts.bodyart and I know mica is familiar
    with my posts there. Heck, she chose to make some - what I considered
    snide - remark in response to one of my posts here and now you're
    having a conversation with, well, you've phrased the above in such a
    way that it's *about* me. Same difference.

    Ol' Jay Em might call you a troll enabler if there was any consistency
    to his labeling. There's not.

    But I digress! I've stated in RAB that I suspect I won't live forever
    and so, perhaps, you'll be able to answer your own question. Good
    luck.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  16. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    David <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote

    >> Another exceptional contribution by curt.

    Thank you, spud. Er, spOd. Sorry, typo. You know what that's like, of
    course. Anyway, thank you, Ari. I appreciate your compliment.

    ~*CHEERS, MATE!*~

    >> Where would this newsgroup be without him?

    >Duller

    heh

    And thank you, David. Continued HNY wishes for you and yours in 2006!
    :eek:)

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  17. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    Curt James wrote:
    > Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:
    >
    > Heyyyy, Happy New Year, sports fan! How you doin', Ari, ol' pal?
    >
    > Listen, excuse the top-posting but I wanted to be clear that I've
    > snipped all of your apparent opponent's post and, yeah, most /of your
    > hysterical ranting/. Just skipping to the good parts. I assure you,
    > your comments stand alone without benefit of their embarrassing and
    > Ari-incriminating context.

    Curt, when you have something productive to offer this
    discussion...something that might show a smidgeon of knowledge about
    anatomy, biology, medicine, etc, please feel free to contribute. Until
    then (and I expect it to be an extremely long wait), you're just
    repeating the tactics of trolls you've observed on other news groups. At
    least *try* and be original. Either way, I'll leave you to banter with
    the rest of the pot bellied trolls who infest this group.

    Cheers,

    Ari

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  18. David

    David Guest

    "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Curt James wrote:
    >> Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> Heyyyy, Happy New Year, sports fan! How you doin', Ari, ol' pal?
    >>
    >> Listen, excuse the top-posting but I wanted to be clear that I've
    >> snipped all of your apparent opponent's post and, yeah, most /of your
    >> hysterical ranting/. Just skipping to the good parts. I assure you,
    >> your comments stand alone without benefit of their embarrassing and
    >> Ari-incriminating context.

    > Curt, when you have something productive to offer this
    > discussion...something that might show a smidgeon of knowledge about
    > anatomy, biology, medicine, etc, please feel free to contribute. Until
    > then (and I expect it to be an extremely long wait), you're just repeating
    > the tactics of trolls you've observed on other news groups. At least *try*
    > and be original. Either way, I'll leave you to banter with the rest of the
    > pot bellied trolls who infest this group.

    At least he doesn't sound stodgy and boring. Ari, that's what you have to
    be aware of - not to sound stodgy and boring. Stodgy and boring.

  19. David

    David Guest

    "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1h8h89l.1d8qmin16dm9xcN%[email protected]
    > David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> An Indian Swami Halo would been you balanced AND keep your chakras in
    >> alignment.
    >>
    >> But, seriously (as seriously as I'm able, which isn't a lot usually),
    >> if you ever get a copy of the xray, take it to your local hospital and
    >> ask a radiologist to look at it. Has to be a radiologist, who
    >> specializes in reading xrays and other types of imaging, and you can't
    >> tell him what the chiropractor said. Because even a great radiologist
    >> can';t read films while rolling around on the floor laughing
    >> hysterically.
    >>
    >> I like chiropractors, and use them, when they stick to what they do
    >> best...advanced physical therapy. The rest are con artists and quacks.
    >> They should NEVER be allowed near an xray machine, as that is used to
    >> con the shee...I mean, the "patients". You can use xrays and cat scans
    >> and mris to show just about anything.
    >>
    >> Interesting study of back pain: they cat scanned a bunch of people with
    >> chronic low back pain, and a control bunch of people who had never had
    >> low back pain. Then they gave the cat scans to radiologists to read.
    >> Surprise, surprise, surprise: a large number of the owee people had no
    >> radiographically demonstrable problem, and a large number of no-owee
    >> people DID have radiographically demonstrable "subluxations" and other
    >> stuff.
    >>
    >> Truth hurts. Not as much as a compression sacroiliac joint, but, there
    >> ya' go.

    > Yeah, I don't have back pain. I've never had back problems. My problem
    > was my neck, and it seems to be fixed.
    >
    > I'm also not spending any more money on the situation unless for some
    > bizarre reason it suddenly unresolves itself, so ... yeah, not
    > contacting any radiologists anytime soon. But thanks for the advice.

    That's good because the is only thing worse than a pain in the neck is being
    a pain in the neck.

  20. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    David wrote:
    > "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Curt James wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Heyyyy, Happy New Year, sports fan! How you doin', Ari, ol' pal?
    >>>
    >>>Listen, excuse the top-posting but I wanted to be clear that I've
    >>>snipped all of your apparent opponent's post and, yeah, most /of your
    >>>hysterical ranting/. Just skipping to the good parts. I assure you,
    >>>your comments stand alone without benefit of their embarrassing and
    >>>Ari-incriminating context.

    >>Curt, when you have something productive to offer this
    >>discussion...something that might show a smidgeon of knowledge about
    >>anatomy, biology, medicine, etc, please feel free to contribute. Until
    >>then (and I expect it to be an extremely long wait), you're just repeating
    >>the tactics of trolls you've observed on other news groups. At least *try*
    >>and be original. Either way, I'll leave you to banter with the rest of the
    >>pot bellied trolls who infest this group.

    > At least he doesn't sound stodgy and boring. Ari, that's what you have to
    > be aware of - not to sound stodgy and boring. Stodgy and boring.

    If not making shit up just so you'll have something to stir is stodgy
    and boring in your opinion, then I prefer stodgy and boring. Sick as I
    am, apparently I have far more of a life than people who require Usenet
    for entertainment and can only find such entertainment by causing
    trouble. It reminds me of the kids who were too fat and lazy to either
    go out and play sport or study to get somewhere in life, and instead sat
    around and ate junkfood while talking crap behind the backs of everyone
    else that was actually productive. I guess when mommy and daddy kicked
    them out of home, they had to sit around somewhere else and do this same
    thing, except they no longer had any mates to do it with. So, we find
    them all here on Usenet trying to feel like they're having an impact on
    the world to avoid going on a terminal eating binge or stepping in front
    of a train. Personally, compared to this, I like stodgy and boring :)

    Ari

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/