knee pain

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by hintofsmile, Dec 30, 2005.

  1. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:

    >pot...kettle...black

    Rock, paper, scissors.

    And what was that, again, about what would this newsgroup do without
    somethingsomething? Uh huh. Thanks for *your* contribution.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  2. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:

    >Curt, when you have something productive to offer this
    >discussion...something that might show a smidgeon of knowledge about
    >anatomy, biology, medicine, etc, please feel free to contribute. Until
    >then (and I expect it to be an extremely long wait), you're just
    >repeating the tactics of trolls you've observed on other news groups. At
    >least *try* and be original. Either way, I'll leave you to banter with
    >the rest of the pot bellied trolls who infest this group.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Ari

    ahahahHA! <snerk>

    What about... "pot...kettle...black"? Was it something like that?
    Thanks for your input, though, mister pot-bellied.

    CHEERS, MATE!

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  3. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote
    > David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> An Indian Swami Halo would been you balanced AND keep your chakras in
    >> alignment.
    >>
    >> But, seriously (as seriously as I'm able, which isn't a lot usually),
    >> if you ever get a copy of the xray, take it to your local hospital and
    >> ask a radiologist to look at it. Has to be a radiologist, who
    >> specializes in reading xrays and other types of imaging, and you can't
    >> tell him what the chiropractor said. Because even a great radiologist
    >> can';t read films while rolling around on the floor laughing
    >> hysterically.
    >>
    >> I like chiropractors, and use them, when they stick to what they do
    >> best...advanced physical therapy. The rest are con artists and quacks.
    >> They should NEVER be allowed near an xray machine, as that is used to
    >> con the shee...I mean, the "patients". You can use xrays and cat scans
    >> and mris to show just about anything.
    >>
    >> Interesting study of back pain: they cat scanned a bunch of people with
    >> chronic low back pain, and a control bunch of people who had never had
    >> low back pain. Then they gave the cat scans to radiologists to read.
    >> Surprise, surprise, surprise: a large number of the owee people had no
    >> radiographically demonstrable problem, and a large number of no-owee
    >> people DID have radiographically demonstrable "subluxations" and other
    >> stuff.
    >>
    >> Truth hurts. Not as much as a compression sacroiliac joint, but, there
    >> ya' go.

    > Yeah, I don't have back pain. I've never had back problems. My problem
    > was my neck, and it seems to be fixed.

    Yeah, I know. I was using that as an example of how misleading radiographic
    imaging of all kinds can...oh, never mind. Enjoy your chiropractic
    adjustments.

    David

  4. David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >> An Indian Swami Halo would been you balanced AND keep your chakras in
    > >> alignment.
    > >>
    > >> But, seriously (as seriously as I'm able, which isn't a lot usually),
    > >> if you ever get a copy of the xray, take it to your local hospital and
    > >> ask a radiologist to look at it. Has to be a radiologist, who
    > >> specializes in reading xrays and other types of imaging, and you can't
    > >> tell him what the chiropractor said. Because even a great radiologist
    > >> can';t read films while rolling around on the floor laughing
    > >> hysterically.
    > >>
    > >> I like chiropractors, and use them, when they stick to what they do
    > >> best...advanced physical therapy. The rest are con artists and quacks.
    > >> They should NEVER be allowed near an xray machine, as that is used to
    > >> con the shee...I mean, the "patients". You can use xrays and cat scans
    > >> and mris to show just about anything.
    > >>
    > >> Interesting study of back pain: they cat scanned a bunch of people with
    > >> chronic low back pain, and a control bunch of people who had never had
    > >> low back pain. Then they gave the cat scans to radiologists to read.
    > >> Surprise, surprise, surprise: a large number of the owee people had no
    > >> radiographically demonstrable problem, and a large number of no-owee
    > >> people DID have radiographically demonstrable "subluxations" and other
    > >> stuff.
    > >>
    > >> Truth hurts. Not as much as a compression sacroiliac joint, but, there
    > >> ya' go.

    > > Yeah, I don't have back pain. I've never had back problems. My problem
    > > was my neck, and it seems to be fixed.

    > Yeah, I know. I was using that as an example of how misleading radiographic
    > imaging of all kinds can...oh, never mind. Enjoy your chiropractic
    > adjustments.

    I'm not getting multiple adjustments - I had one, and now I'm finished
    with it. But thanks for the well-wishes. Really.

  5. David

    David Guest

    "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1h8hfoy.1vvq1me19w9w4lN%[email protected]
    > David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> > Yeah, I don't have back pain. I've never had back problems. My
    >> > problem
    >> > was my neck, and it seems to be fixed.

    >> Yeah, I know. I was using that as an example of how misleading
    >> radiographic
    >> imaging of all kinds can...oh, never mind. Enjoy your chiropractic
    >> adjustments.

    > I'm not getting multiple adjustments - I had one, and now I'm finished
    > with it. But thanks for the well-wishes. Really.

    That would make you well adjusted then? Hardly

  6. David

    David Guest

    "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > David wrote:
    >> "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>>Curt, when you have something productive to offer this
    >>>discussion...something that might show a smidgeon of knowledge about
    >>>anatomy, biology, medicine, etc, please feel free to contribute. Until
    >>>then (and I expect it to be an extremely long wait), you're just
    >>>repeating the tactics of trolls you've observed on other news groups. At
    >>>least *try* and be original. Either way, I'll leave you to banter with
    >>>the rest of the pot bellied trolls who infest this group.

    >> At least he doesn't sound stodgy and boring. Ari, that's what you have to
    >> be aware of - not to sound stodgy and boring. Stodgy and boring.

    > If not making shit up just so you'll have something to stir is stodgy and
    > boring in your opinion, then I prefer stodgy and boring. Sick as I am,
    > apparently I have far more of a life than people who require Usenet for
    > entertainment and can only find such entertainment by causing trouble. It
    > reminds me of the kids who were too fat and lazy to either go out and play
    > sport or study to get somewhere in life, and instead sat around and ate
    > junkfood while talking crap behind the backs of everyone else that was
    > actually productive. I guess when mommy and daddy kicked them out of home,
    > they had to sit around somewhere else and do this same thing, except they
    > no longer had any mates to do it with. So, we find them all here on Usenet
    > trying to feel like they're having an impact on the world to avoid going
    > on a terminal eating binge or stepping in front of a train. Personally,
    > compared to this, I like stodgy and boring :)

    I agree with you Ari/ I guess there are things worse than 'stodgy and
    boring'. You are aware of course that Curt has 'troll' status now. (he used
    to be just an 'enabler' but by dint of hard work and focusing on the
    ultimate prize, he has finally 'made it'. He needs our support and
    encouragement.

  7. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    David wrote:
    > "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>David wrote:
    >>
    >>>"spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]

    >>>At least he doesn't sound stodgy and boring. Ari, that's what you have to
    >>>be aware of - not to sound stodgy and boring. Stodgy and boring.

    >>If not making shit up just so you'll have something to stir is stodgy and
    >>boring in your opinion, then I prefer stodgy and boring. Sick as I am,
    >>apparently I have far more of a life than people who require Usenet for
    >>entertainment and can only find such entertainment by causing trouble. It
    >>reminds me of the kids who were too fat and lazy to either go out and play
    >>sport or study to get somewhere in life, and instead sat around and ate
    >>junkfood while talking crap behind the backs of everyone else that was
    >>actually productive. I guess when mommy and daddy kicked them out of home,
    >>they had to sit around somewhere else and do this same thing, except they
    >>no longer had any mates to do it with. So, we find them all here on Usenet
    >>trying to feel like they're having an impact on the world to avoid going
    >>on a terminal eating binge or stepping in front of a train. Personally,
    >>compared to this, I like stodgy and boring :)

    > I agree with you Ari/ I guess there are things worse than 'stodgy and
    > boring'. You are aware of course that Curt has 'troll' status now. (he used
    > to be just an 'enabler' but by dint of hard work and focusing on the
    > ultimate prize, he has finally 'made it'. He needs our support and
    > encouragement.

    He needs something...perhaps a very long pier for support...and our
    encouragement take a rather short walk :)

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  8. David

    David Guest

    "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > David wrote:
    >> "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>>If not making shit up just so you'll have something to stir is stodgy and
    >>>boring in your opinion, then I prefer stodgy and boring. Sick as I am,
    >>>apparently I have far more of a life than people who require Usenet for
    >>>entertainment and can only find such entertainment by causing trouble. It
    >>>reminds me of the kids who were too fat and lazy to either go out and
    >>>play sport or study to get somewhere in life, and instead sat around and
    >>>ate junkfood while talking crap behind the backs of everyone else that
    >>>was actually productive. I guess when mommy and daddy kicked them out of
    >>>home, they had to sit around somewhere else and do this same thing,
    >>>except they no longer had any mates to do it with. So, we find them all
    >>>here on Usenet trying to feel like they're having an impact on the world
    >>>to avoid going on a terminal eating binge or stepping in front of a
    >>>train. Personally, compared to this, I like stodgy and boring :)

    >> I agree with you Ari/ I guess there are things worse than 'stodgy and
    >> boring'. You are aware of course that Curt has 'troll' status now. (he
    >> used to be just an 'enabler' but by dint of hard work and focusing on the
    >> ultimate prize, he has finally 'made it'. He needs our support and
    >> encouragement.

    > He needs something...perhaps a very long pier for support...and our
    > encouragement take a rather short walk :)

    Ari, is this a variation of 'take a long walk off a short pier'?

  9. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    David wrote:
    > "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>David wrote:
    >>
    >>>"spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]

    >>>I agree with you Ari/ I guess there are things worse than 'stodgy and
    >>>boring'. You are aware of course that Curt has 'troll' status now. (he
    >>>used to be just an 'enabler' but by dint of hard work and focusing on the
    >>>ultimate prize, he has finally 'made it'. He needs our support and
    >>>encouragement.

    >>He needs something...perhaps a very long pier for support...and our
    >>encouragement take a rather short walk :)
    >>

    > Ari, is this a variation of 'take a long walk off a short pier'?

    So someone has already thought of that?

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  10. David

    David Guest

    "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > David wrote:
    >> "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>>He needs something...perhaps a very long pier for support...and our
    >>>encouragement take a rather short walk :)
    >>>

    >> Ari, is this a variation of 'take a long walk off a short pier'?

    > So someone has already thought of that?

    Ha ha!

  11. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:

    re stodgy and boring

    >If not making shit up just so you'll have something to stir is stodgy
    >and boring in your opinion, then I prefer stodgy and boring. Sick as I
    >am, apparently I have far more of a life than people who require Usenet
    >for entertainment and can only find such entertainment by causing
    >trouble. It reminds me of the kids who were too fat and lazy to either
    >go out and play sport or study to get somewhere in life, and instead sat
    >around and ate junkfood while talking crap behind the backs of everyone
    >else that was actually productive. I guess when mommy and daddy kicked
    >them out of home, they had to sit around somewhere else and do this same
    >thing, except they no longer had any mates to do it with. So, we find
    >them all here on Usenet trying to feel like they're having an impact on
    >the world to avoid going on a terminal eating binge or stepping in front
    >of a train. Personally, compared to this, I like stodgy and boring :)
    >
    >Ari

    HEY, ARI, YOU FORGOT YOUR SIGNATURE "CHEERS"!!! WHATSAMATTA?

    But, yeah, you seem pretty familiar with your description there. Does
    that describe you or is it something you read in a book? Wait, it's
    something else? You expect me to believe that you're a keen observer
    of human nature? I suspect there's a story there, but I also suspect I
    don't care.

    And re your post and those words you mentioned recently - pot, kettle,
    and black, well...

    You make shit up, Ari. You said that mica was somethingsomething and
    it was all made up. You don't know more than I do about her and I
    don't know much. Yet you made more than a few comments about her.
    Funny how making shit up is wrong... unless it's you who are making
    that shit up, eh?

    Something to stir? Oh, but you don't do that. HA!

    Plus, you really should clarify that whole "Sick as I am," bit.
    There's illness and then there's being sick. Didn't you make perverted
    jokes recently? OHHH! Excuse me, that was just a bit of satire by you,
    so, yeah, once again, it's Oooo-tay buttwheat.

    Usenet is not entertaining for you, Ari? You haven't attempted to
    /cause trouble/? How would you characterize your posts about
    chiropractic? Because it seemed to have been troubling to more than
    one patron of this ng.

    Define too fat and lazy and tell me about those attributes and their
    connection to /getting somewhere in life/. Oprah was fat. She's done
    okay.

    What about fat and sport? Sumo wrestlers much? Forgot them, huh?

    And, I suspect, Paris Hilton would be described as lazy by some.
    Hasn't held her back.

    >while talking crap behind the backs of everyone
    >else that was actually productive.

    Ari, you've never talked crap behind anyone's back? You truly are the
    paragon of human achievement and an exemplar of human virtue. I salute
    you.

    Say, what's your impact on the world? When's the last time you binged?

    You prefer stodgy and boring?

    Then perhaps you should stop reading this newsgroup.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  12. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:

    Weak!

    Just look at you, Ari. Let me snip it down for you:

    <SNIP!>

    You recommend...

    But then you also offer...

    >He needs something...perhaps a very long pier for support...
    >and our encouragement take a rather short walk :)

    I mean, was that your attempt at being original? Yeesh. Unless, of
    course, your resolutions include being trite.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  13. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    David <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote

    >> He needs something...perhaps a very long pier for support...
    >> and our encouragement take a rather short walk :)

    >Ari, is this a variation of 'take a long walk off a short pier'?

    I think that's what Ari counts as being original. (cough)

    Or maybe an example of stodgy and boring. He said he likes that stuff.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  14. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    Ari <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:

    >Had you actually done any reading, you'd know that
    >Reeve had a <snip>

    Amazing how things often spin off on a tangent in ng threads.

    And, hey, if /you/ had actually done any reading, you'd know that Abe
    Vigoda is a dead ringer for monster legend Boris Karloff and was
    considered for the role of the monster in Mel Brooks' Young
    Frankenstein.

    Cool.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  15. JMW

    JMW Guest

    spodosaurus <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:
    >David wrote:
    >>
    >> I agree with you Ari/ I guess there are things worse than 'stodgy and
    >> boring'. You are aware of course that Curt has 'troll' status now. (he used
    >> to be just an 'enabler' but by dint of hard work and focusing on the
    >> ultimate prize, he has finally 'made it'. He needs our support and
    >> encouragement.

    >He needs something...perhaps a very long pier for support...and our
    >encouragement take a rather short walk :)

    Curt needs a high colonic. However, that might result in a
    substantial loss of his brain tissue.

  16. David

    David Guest

    "JMW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > spodosaurus <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:
    >>David wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I agree with you Ari/ I guess there are things worse than 'stodgy and
    >>> boring'. You are aware of course that Curt has 'troll' status now. (he
    >>> used
    >>> to be just an 'enabler' but by dint of hard work and focusing on the
    >>> ultimate prize, he has finally 'made it'. He needs our support and
    >>> encouragement.

    >>He needs something...perhaps a very long pier for support...and our
    >>encouragement take a rather short walk :)

    > Curt needs a high colonic. However, that might result in a
    > substantial loss of his brain tissue.

    Do you recommend that we killfile Curt as he is on the troll list?

  17. In article <[email protected]>,
    JMW <[email protected]> wrote:

    > spodosaurus <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:
    > >David wrote:
    > >>
    > >> I agree with you Ari/ I guess there are things worse than 'stodgy and
    > >> boring'. You are aware of course that Curt has 'troll' status now. (he
    > >> used
    > >> to be just an 'enabler' but by dint of hard work and focusing on the
    > >> ultimate prize, he has finally 'made it'. He needs our support and
    > >> encouragement.

    > >He needs something...perhaps a very long pier for support...and our
    > >encouragement take a rather short walk :)

    > Curt needs a high colonic. However, that might result in a
    > substantial loss of his brain tissue.

    I dunno...

    A simple cranio-rectal inversion might work?
    --
    Om.

  18. JMW

    JMW Guest

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >"JMW" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> spodosaurus <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:

    >>>He needs something...perhaps a very long pier for support...and our
    >>>encouragement take a rather short walk :)

    >> Curt needs a high colonic. However, that might result in a
    >> substantial loss of his brain tissue.

    >Do you recommend that we killfile Curt as he is on the troll list?

    As always, it's a matter of personal preference.

    To me, Curt is like a loud, obnxious child ... which is fine, as long
    as he's in someone else's home.

  19. JMW

    JMW Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:
    > JMW <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> spodosaurus <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:

    >> >He needs something...perhaps a very long pier for support...and our
    >> >encouragement take a rather short walk :)

    >> Curt needs a high colonic. However, that might result in a
    >> substantial loss of his brain tissue.

    >I dunno...
    >
    >A simple cranio-rectal inversion might work?

    That's already occurred. Severely impacted.

  20. David

    David Guest

    "JMW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "David" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>> Curt needs a high colonic. However, that might result in a
    >>> substantial loss of his brain tissue.

    >>Do you recommend that we killfile Curt as he is on the troll list?

    > As always, it's a matter of personal preference.
    >
    > To me, Curt is like a loud, obnxious child ... which is fine, as long
    > as he's in someone else's home.

    I'm getting lonely as the only troll enabler - can you demote him?