knee pain

JRH <[email protected]> wrote:

re fully fledged "troll" status

<snip>
>It's bad enough that the Curt Man made it so early
>in his career.

<snip>

(flips through handbook)

Hold up! HOLD UP! Just what's the protocol here?

"Paragraph C, subsection 12, yadayadaya...

Okay, seasoned fully fledged trolls may yadayadayad...

so that novice trolls shall be yadayada... In the event that..."

This is all so confusing. What's a troll to do?

Ahhhh, I have it. I'll just keep things simple:

JAY EM HAS A BIG FREAKIN' NOOOOOOSE! BUT YOU CAN'T SEEEEEE IT AS HIS
HEAD IS BURIED SO DEEP IN HIS AAAAAAAAASS! BEAK-BEAK-BEAKITY-BEAKER!

heh

Ah, the troll factor. I am so lovin' it.

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

"Curt James" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> David <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>><snip> I'm a 'troll enabler' aren't I? Feeding trolls . . . that's my job!

> Well, it's 6 a.m. and I don't have ANY oats or hay in my, uh, trough.
>
> Wait, what do trolls eat? Can I get it on a paper plate? Maybe a
> spork? And let's have something stronger than a bucket of water for
> the beverage, eh?

I'm not sure about this Curt - this 'enabler' thing makes me feel like a
roady or seamstress for the band. If you could resign your position as
'troll' and come back to 'enabler' then we could have more fun and you would
have less pressure as you have as a full on troll. Worth a shot?

David <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Curt James" <[email protected]> wrote

>> Did you say /seamstress/ for the band?

>Yes from the song dedicated to Brinks - Tiny Dancer

I thought I just read he was molested on the beach by a marmoset or a
musk ox wearing musty muslin. Or was that a muu muu?

Anyway, tiny dancer was ******. I heard he was shooting and spitting!

Poor molested midget. Shame. I mean, I know we've had our differences.
Maybe I'll send him a rap mix tape.

WILL PING ME WITH YOUR SNAIL MAIL, BRAH!

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

"Curt James" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> David <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>"Curt James" <[email protected]> wrote

>>> Did you say /seamstress/ for the band?

>>Yes from the song dedicated to Brinks - Tiny Dancer

> I thought I just read he was molested on the beach by a marmoset or a
> musk ox wearing musty muslin. Or was that a muu muu?
>
> Anyway, tiny dancer was ******. I heard he was shooting and spitting!
>
> Poor molested midget. Shame. I mean, I know we've had our differences.
> Maybe I'll send him a rap mix tape.
>
> WILL PING ME WITH YOUR SNAIL MAIL, BRAH!

I would like to announce that I am not associated with this post in any way
and have not used my enabling skills to produce these sentiments. Mr James
has expressed this with no enabling assistance whatever

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z1695266C

>How about another little snippet as a taster of more to come? Isn't
>this going to be fun John Williams? See:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/2600bcefa43a7eb1?output=gplain

Don't tell me that you have lost your enthusiasm for the new game of
déjà vu that you recently introduced John Williams, for the purpose of
intending to embarrass or intimidate. I wonder why you haven't
responded to my examples of your own déjà vu; is it because you
realised that you have opened up a whole can of worms?

It's a shame as I was really looking forward to entertaining the Group
about your own 'fascinating' real life sagas, as revealed so publicly
through the myriad of self-inflicted posts to MFW, which as you know
will sit embarrassingly in the archives for all time.

None more so than the archived posts about the thrilling interpersonal
and intimate relationships between you and your wife Annaclair... Lyle
McDonald and your wife Annaclair... your relationship with Elzi
Volk... and Lyle McDonalds relationship with Elzi Volk...

There is so much to tell the Group about where to find details of this
salacious ménage à quatre, but I suppose it will keep until the next
time you choose to stalk some unfortunate person here, for the purpose
of intimidation, embarrassment and emotional blackmail.

You may care to reflect on that eventuality next time you are
searching the Internet to secure private or sensitive information
about other people. There is more than enough about you in the
archived chronicles of MFW with which to retaliate.

I just thought you should know that! ;o)

HNY!

I will use this thread instead of opening a new one. I would appreciate if someone knowledgeable can provide me with some tips on my knee problem I am experiencing. So, let me explain first in detail what is the situation. I am a recreational cyclist that does approximately 2.000 km between March and October. During the winter I play ice hockey. I basically never had any knee problems. I was riding my bike approximately twice a week between April and mid-July, including long intensive rides of 180 km for instance. My knees were always fine. After 10 days without riding my bike, I did a 6-day long hilly hiking trip with a rather heavy backpack. Pressure on my knees was substantial, however I still didn't have any pain. Maybe I should notice that I also did hiking before, however I didn't practice a lot this season before the aforementioned hike. After that hiking trip I started riding my bike again after in total of lets say 3 weeks off my bike. First day I did 70 km ride, while a second day I did a very tough ride over Mortirolo and Gavia in Italian Alps, in total of 120 km. Especially Mortirolo is a very steep climb as most of you here might have known, while on Gavia I was already feeling fatigue and therefore couldn't generate a high cadence. My lowest gear is 39x17 so the pressure on knees was very large on both climbs and on Gavia it was also cold with some rain during descent.

So now to the point. I started feeling pain on the outer side of my left knee during my ascent on Gavia. Towards the end of the ride, the pain was pretty annoying and I couldn't use my left leg properly. In the following 2 weeks I did 4 shorter rides, including climbs and my knee always hurt at least towards the end of each ride. It is now one month since my partially infamous ride on Mortirolo and Gavia and pain is still persistent while riding a bike or walking stairs.

I made some research on the internet and I assume I have some kind of tendonitis. The guidance says rest until the pain goes away and then gradually return to physical activity. My questions with this respect are now the following:
1. Does that sound like tendonitis and what could cause it?
2. Should I visit a doctor considering the pain is still persistent or does it normally take that long or even longer to heal?
3. Should I completely rest, or is it better that I do some rides with higher cadences, not putting much pressure on left knee, even though I usually start feeling pain?
4. What else can I do myself that would benefit my injured knee?

I would like to thank you all for your answers already in advance!