Knee pain

Discussion in 'Track Racing' started by brakebreaker101, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Dame6089

Dame6089 New Member

My doctor once recommended a simple exercise where I sit on a chair and just extend my leg out straight 20 times on each side. I do this before and after any type of exercise. Sometimes on a long ride, I will take a break and do it as well. It doesn't alleviate all knee pain, but I know that it makes my knees a lot less tight. Might be worth a shot!

2. oportosanto

oportosanto Well-Known Member

I don't think we should get used to pain, we should try to understand why is happens because health comes first.

3. Ghazanfar Khan

Ghazanfar Khan New Member

Do you suppose AN Icey hot would possibly facilitate relieve it? perhaps a brace whereas you ride, simply till you get won't to it?

4. reighn

reighn Member

I think you will get that pain if you have not using your bike for a while. A bag of ice will help to ease the pain. Try to use other bikes to know if your knees is not really comfortable to bike.

5. treecko142

treecko142 Active Member

I have knee pains mainly because I have Osgood-Schlatter disease, which affects my left knee, but the pain is tolerable and quickly recovers after a nice rest, and only happens when I ride for a very long distance.

6. Alymae

Alymae New Member

Yeah. Hot and cold compress can alleviate the pain. You should really stretch before starting cycling specially if you are just starting in this sport or haven't done this in a long time. Any types of exercises should be first started with warm-ups such as stretching and cool-down exercises after the vigorous exercise to avoid straining the body.

7. Sujo Mathew

Sujo Mathew New Member

Knee Pain Prevention

Of course, what you do on your bike will also go a long way to promoting or alleviating knee pain. Here are some tips to assure it's the latter.
    • Warm Up
    • Spin
    • Build Mileage Gradually
    • Beware of Change
    • Stay Warm
    • Get Fit

8. Mayan Singh

Mayan Singh New Member

9. lennox2173

lennox2173 New Member

I do gentle stretching before riding my cycle. When muscles are used without proper stretching, they sometime become injured and possibly cause bone pain. I don't know the same case is going with your knee, but I do believe in following the best practices such as good posture, stretching and healthy diet can help you in overcoming that pain. If these don't relieve pain, the visiting a physiotherapist is a better option.

10. Franco S. Cruz

Franco S. Cruz New Member

My left feet point outward too! and last week i tried riding my bike while conciously trying to straighten my left foot. NOW MY KNEE HURTS LIKE HELL! especially while going up stairs.! NOW I KNOW TO JUST LET MY BODY BE!