Knee Pain

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by ewep, Mar 18, 2003.

1. ewep

ewep New Member

PLEASE help me. I never had a problem on my bike, but for the last 2 weeks I've had a constant pain in my left knee. I moved my saddle up by about 1cm without any problems. After about 2 weeks after moving the saddle up, I started getting the pain in my left knee (only left).

Now for the other changes:

1. I started at a new company which involves me travelling 220km per day in my car. I drive a Citi Golf (old VW Golf 1 shape). Can it be the travelling?
    2. At work I don't have the most ergonomic seatng arrangement. (My chair is f&$#*%). The chair catches me on the bend on the back of my knee. Can this cause the problem?

Tags:

2. mataliog

mataliog New Member

[dear ewep

driving causes for sure such problems for me too .also bad sitting in the office causes bad blood circulation and bad static pressure.
    try to walk a little after your work or try to go by stairs,make telephones standing up.etc.also lower your saddle about 0.5-1cm and if you are tall enough or if you ride on a smaller frame try to pull back your saddle a little millimetres.
    bye,bye .

3. Leon

Leon New Member

Driving long distances causes knee pain for me.

Leon

4. ullrichfan

ullrichfan New Member

how much float do you have in your pedals? has your training increased dramatically? I changed pedals last fall to save 100 grams but went back to my old pedals after 2 months of pain and an MRI. I had orthoscopic surgery ten years ago for a torn ACL and cartilage but problems didn't return until I changed pedals. Now I am back to normal with my old pedals and liberal float. I can't use fixed float or anything less than 10 degrees.
    Rule out any recent changes: equipment, training first. If it's only driving that's changed, try loosening up afterword and definitely before rides. Don't kill yourself early in the season too. Put in lots of base miles and avoid the big hills until your body is ready.

Good luck!

5. Mampara

Mampara New Member

One thing that I learned from my knee problem is to let it get better before you try and "see if it is better". My problem was over doing it when I started cycling. It's still not 100% but feels better when I cycling then when I do nothing. Guess that means I have to cycle more. (any excuse to to ride my bike hey)