Knee problem on uphills and bike upgrade

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:34:46 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]>
wrote:

>R Brickston wrote:
>> I get it, Baka thinks usenet is an extension of elementary school's
>> "Show & Tell" session. BTW, Doofus, it's not a "special clip," it's a
>> cleat.

>You are slipping. I know it's a cleat

If you "know it's a cleat," then why do you insist on calling it a
"special clip?" I mean, besides the fact that your an idiot.

R Brickston wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:34:46 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> R Brickston wrote:
>>> I get it, Baka thinks usenet is an extension of elementary school's
>>> "Show & Tell" session. BTW, Doofus, it's not a "special clip," it's a
>>> cleat.

>> You are slipping. I know it's a cleat

> If you "know it's a cleat," then why do you insist on calling it a
> "special clip?" I mean, besides the fact that your an idiot.

I am not 'insisting'. Seriously, do you ride or just bath in ****?
Bill Baka

Jose Capco wrote:
Snipped:

> I have no idea what bicycling touring shoes are, but Ill see what I can
> find in the shoe shops in my area (Im quite sure that my local bike
> shop don't sell any cycling shoes). I want a shoe that can function
> good both for walking and biking, as I dont want to change shoes
> everything I switch from biking to walking. Thanks again, you people
> are great :)
>
> Sincerely,
> Jose Capco

Hi there again Jose.

>From your last comment I think you are confusing Road-racing shoes with

Touring or Mtb shoes.

Some Touring shoes *LOOK* just like regular jogging/running shoes
except the soles ar much stiffer. All however are designed for *BOTH*
walking and cycling. The soles are smoother than many of the Mtb shoes.
Unless the bike shop is very small they should have something that will
work.

Another thing you could do is buy Mtb (aka Mountain Biking) shoes and
wear them *WITHOUT* the cleats used with the clipless pedals. These
shoes have a sole that is flexible enough to allow quite a bit of
walking about when off the bike.

With either Touring or Mtb shoes you do *NOT* need to change shoes when
switching from cycling to walking.

Montain bike shoes are more readilly available where I am than are
touring shoes. This may also be the case where you are. Too bad you
didn't live near me in South-Central Ontario Canada as I have a nearly
new pair of size 9 Cdn Mtb shoes I'd like to get rid of. VBG

You might consider getting a pair of Mtb shoes for yourself. As I
mentioned earlier you can use them without the cleats (which are
recessed and don't hinder walking) at first. Then later, as you become
more experienced you could simply buy a set of Mtb clipless pedals to
go with them. The cleats to clip the shoes into the pedals come with
the shoes.

Either Touring or Mtb shoes may not be that much more than what you
would pay for a good pair of street shoes and in my opinion are well
worth looking into. My Louis Garneau Mtb shoes with cleats were onlt
$100 Cdn. The clipless pedals were $45 Cdn. A decent pair of running
shoes would cost me from about $50 Cdn to $100 Cdn.

For what it is worth a friend of mine decided to get Mtb shoes for the
same reasons you arethinking, that is for the stiffer sole and ease of
walkng while off the bicycle. His mileage increased dramatically with
the new found comfort. Within a month he also bought the cliples
pedals. He now says he'll never go back to just pedals.

I hope this info is of use to you.

Peter

Jose Capco wrote:

Snipped:
> As for the clips, I think I'll just bike without them. I like my feet
> being free from any restrictions when biking and I feel kind of "tied"
> when my feet are clipped on the pedal.
>

> Sincerely,
> Jose Capco

Hello again Jose.

I just wanted to repeat that you *CAN* wear toe-clips *WITHOUT* using
the straps. Therefore you wouldn't be "tied" in when riding. In fact
you can even buy 1/2 toe-clips that are just the lower part of a normal
toe-clip. The part with the slot for the strap is not on these clips.
They're designed more to keep the fore and aft position of your foot on
the pedal constant. They also work very well to keep your foot from
slipping forward offthe pedal if you hit a big bump.

Peter

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 07:50:22 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]>
wrote:

>R Brickston wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:34:46 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>>> You are slipping. I know it's a cleat

>> If you "know it's a cleat," then why do you insist on calling it a
>> "special clip?" I mean, besides the fact that your an idiot.
>>

>I am not 'insisting'. Seriously, do you ride or just bath in ****?
>Bill Baka

No, I'm compelled to bathe with soap and water after /reading/ your
****.

"Sir Ridesalot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> [email protected] wrote:
>> Hi, Jose, take 2 Ibuprofen about 1/2 hour before you ride.
>>
>> This has always worked well for me.
>>
>> Lewis.
>>
>> *****

Severe intestinal cramps too. Just use one