knee/shin guards revisited

Jd

Guest
From: Rich <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike Subject: Re:
Knee-Shin guards Message-ID: <[email protected]> Organization: SBC
http://yahoo.sbc.com Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:37:35 GMT

JD wrote:
> Rich <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>JD wrote:
>>
>>>"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:<[email protected]>...

>>>That's pretty weak, though I agree that feeling the need for it is unfortunate. In 1986, I
>>>didn't see anyone wearing it on the trails. In fact, I never saw it on a trail until just a
>>>couple of years
ago.
>>>What's next, seatbelts?
>>>
>>>JD
>>
>>It's called progression, evolotion, change...ebmrace it. Oh
nevermind

> Call it what you will because excuses for lameness are always entertaining.
>
> I see it more as a societal statement/issue. Nobody wants to be responsible for their actions
> anymore and this is mountain biking's answer to that. People want to "get radical", yet they don't
> want to risk paying the price for their actions. If that's not the antithesis of getting radical,
> what is then? This pussification of mountain biking is making it more of a "dorks on bikes" hobby
> than a real sport/lifestyle.
>
> JD

>Why wear a helmet then?

They don't make prosthetic heads, though I am beginning to think your lack of grey matter would make
a proper beta site for one.

JD

JD wrote:
> From: Rich <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike Subject: Re:
> Knee-Shin guards Message-ID: <[email protected]> Organization: SBC
> http://yahoo.sbc.com Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:37:35 GMT
>

> JD wrote:
>
>>Rich <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:<[email protected]>...

> ineptitude.

> courage...

> ago.

>>>It's called progression, evolotion, change...ebmrace it. Oh
>
> nevermind
>

>>Call it what you will because excuses for lameness are always entertaining.
>>
>>I see it more as a societal statement/issue. Nobody wants to be responsible for their actions
>>anymore and this is mountain biking's answer to that. People want to "get radical", yet they don't
>>want to risk paying the price for their actions. If that's not the antithesis of getting radical,
>>what is then? This pussification of mountain biking is making it more of a "dorks on bikes" hobby
>>than a real sport/lifestyle.
>>
>>JD
>

>>Why wear a helmet then?
>

> They don't make prosthetic heads, though I am beginning to think your lack of grey matter would
> make a proper beta site for one.
>
> JD
to quoteth: "People want to "get radical", yet they don't want to risk paying the price for
their actions."

So you're just not willing to pay that price, fair enough. I know plenty of motor cyclist who are.
Mountian bikers are just pussies in general. Maybe you should stop pretending you're some sort of
hero and fessup, til you ride naked you're just as much a wuss as the rest of us.

Rich <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> JD wrote:
> > From: Rich <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike Subject: Re:
> > Knee-Shin guards Message-ID: <[email protected]> Organization:
> > SBC http://yahoo.sbc.com Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:37:35 GMT
> >

> > JD wrote:
> >
> >>Rich <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>news:<[email protected]>...

> > ineptitude.

> > courage...

> > ago.

> > nevermind
> >

> >>Call it what you will because excuses for lameness are always entertaining.
> >>
> >>I see it more as a societal statement/issue. Nobody wants to be responsible for their actions
> >>anymore and this is mountain biking's answer to that. People want to "get radical", yet they
> >>don't want to risk paying the price for their actions. If that's not the antithesis of getting
> >>radical, what is then? This pussification of mountain biking is making it more of a "dorks on
> >>bikes" hobby than a real sport/lifestyle.
> >>
> >>JD
> >

> >>Why wear a helmet then?
> >

> > They don't make prosthetic heads, though I am beginning to think your lack of grey matter would
> > make a proper beta site for one.
> >
> > JD
> to quoteth: "People want to "get radical", yet they don't want to risk paying the price for their
> actions."

It's still quoted above, einstein. Some day you may grow some common sense.

> So you're just not willing to pay that price, fair enough.

Like I said above, your head needs a replacement, not mine.

> I know plenty of motor cyclist who are.

BFD. Another pointless argument comparing apples to oranges from a pointless doof.

> Mountian bikers are just pussies in general.

Speak for yourself, darth. If you read more of what you needlessly requoted, you just may figure out
that mountain bikers are not pussies, but media hype fed dorks on bikes are.

> Maybe you should stop pretending you're some sort of hero and fessup, til you > ride naked you're
> just as much a wuss as the rest of us.

Why don't you ask some of the couple of dozen or so people on this NG who have ridden with me just
how much body armor I wear and how lame of a rider I am. You're so programmed by media hype, you'd
probably buy just about anything they say you "need" to mountain bike.

JD

JD wrote:
> Rich <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>JD wrote:
>>
>>>From: Rich <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike Subject: Re:
>>>Knee-Shin guards Message-ID: <[email protected]> Organization: SBC
>>>http://yahoo.sbc.com Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:37:35 GMT

>>>ineptitude.

>>>courage...

>>>ago.

>>>nevermind

>>>They don't make prosthetic heads, though I am beginning to think your lack of grey matter would
>>>make a proper beta site for one.
>>>
>>>JD
>>
>>to quoteth: "People want to "get radical", yet they don't want to risk paying the price for their
>>actions."
>

> It's still quoted above, einstein. Some day you may grow some common sense.
>

>>So you're just not willing to pay that price, fair enough.
>

> Like I said above, your head needs a replacement, not mine.
>

>>I know plenty of motor cyclist who are.
>

> BFD. Another pointless argument comparing apples to oranges from a pointless doof.
>

>>Mountian bikers are just pussies in general.
>

> Speak for yourself, darth. If you read more of what you needlessly requoted, you just may figure
> out that mountain bikers are not pussies, but media hype fed dorks on bikes are.
>

>>Maybe you should stop pretending you're some sort of hero and fessup, til you > ride naked you're
>>just as much a wuss as the rest of us.
>

> Why don't you ask some of the couple of dozen or so people on this NG who have ridden with me just
> how much body armor I wear and how lame of a rider I am. You're so programmed by media hype, you'd
> probably buy just about anything they say you "need" to mountain bike.
>
> JD
Now I'm just waiting for you to toss out a LIAR!!

JD wrote:
> Rich <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>JD wrote:
>>
>>>From: Rich <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike Subject: Re:
>>>Knee-Shin guards Message-ID: <[email protected]> Organization: SBC
>>>http://yahoo.sbc.com Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:37:35 GMT

>>>ineptitude.

>>>courage...

>>>ago.

>>>nevermind

>>>They don't make prosthetic heads, though I am beginning to think your lack of grey matter would
>>>make a proper beta site for one.
>>>
>>>JD
>>
>>to quoteth: "People want to "get radical", yet they don't want to risk paying the price for their
>>actions."
>

> It's still quoted above, einstein. Some day you may grow some common sense.
>

>>So you're just not willing to pay that price, fair enough.
>

> Like I said above, your head needs a replacement, not mine.
>

>>I know plenty of motor cyclist who are.
>

> BFD. Another pointless argument comparing apples to oranges from a pointless doof.
>

>>Mountian bikers are just pussies in general.
>

> Speak for yourself, darth. If you read more of what you needlessly requoted, you just may figure
> out that mountain bikers are not pussies, but media hype fed dorks on bikes are.
>

>>Maybe you should stop pretending you're some sort of hero and fessup, til you > ride naked you're
>>just as much a wuss as the rest of us.
>

> Why don't you ask some of the couple of dozen or so people on this NG who have ridden with me just
> how much body armor I wear and how lame of a rider I am. You're so programmed by media hype, you'd
> probably buy just about anything they say you "need" to mountain bike.
>
> JD

JD sucks. He couldn't ride a tricycle.

John Spann

John Spann <[email protected]> wrote

to learn to trim your quotes?...]

> JD sucks. He couldn't ride a tricycle.

Heh heh.

John, maybe after all these years it's time to let people in on the truth: JD doesn't actually
exist. Everybody's been arguing with a fabrication, as those of us who have "ridden" with him are
well aware.

Have a nice day all.

CC

John Spann <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> JD wrote:
> > Why don't you ask some of the couple of dozen or so people on this NG who have ridden with me
> > just how much body armor I wear and how lame of a rider I am. You're so programmed by media
> > hype, you'd probably buy just about anything they say you "need" to mountain bike.

> JD sucks. He couldn't ride a tricycle.

I've been found out! I think CC has it right, I'm just an entity, no more.

JD

Rich <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

[snip over 100 lines]

> Now I'm just waiting for you to toss out a LIAR!!

How about you learn how to trim your posts?

100 lines of quoting for a one-liner throwaway?

:shakes head:

Spider

JD wrote:

> John Spann <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>JD wrote:
>>
>>>Why don't you ask some of the couple of dozen or so people on this NG who have ridden with me
>>>just how much body armor I wear and how lame of a rider I am. You're so programmed by media hype,
>>>you'd probably buy just about anything they say you "need" to mountain bike.
>

>>JD sucks. He couldn't ride a tricycle.
>

> I've been found out! I think CC has it right, I'm just an entity, no more.
>
> JD

Uh oh, does that mean your going away or materializing.

I can see it now... Mountian Biker Attacked on Trail Cyclists escapes serious injury after
bizarre attack.

AP July 2 2003

A man mountian biking on a local trail was acosted Tuesday afternoon by another cyclist. The
attacker approaced from the rear and shoved a broken crank arm in the rear spokes of his victem who
immediatly flew over his handlebars.

The attacker then riped the protective shin guards off of the confused mountian biker and proceeded
to kick the exposed legs. The helpless victim was stunned as the attacker then turned his attention
to the already damaged bike.

"It was crazy man, this dude in a wife beater just whaled on my bike. He beat my derailuers until
they fell off and then started chewing on my shifters. Then he started scratching the logo off of
my bike, using the broken crank, while mumbling something about bubblegum and santa crud? He was
wacked man."

The mysterios attacker suddenly stopped, took out a camera, snapped a few pictures of his victim,
the trail in both directions, and a collection of wildflowers nearby.

As suddenly as he had appeared the mysteriously violent man rode off. Police are
speculating that.....

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> John Spann <[email protected]> wrote

> to learn to trim your quotes?...]
>
>>JD sucks. He couldn't ride a tricycle.
>

> Heh heh.
>
> John, maybe after all these years it's time to let people in on the truth: JD doesn't actually
> exist. Everybody's been arguing with a fabrication, as those of us who have "ridden" with him are
> well aware.
>
> Have a nice day all.
>
> CC

like taking all the previous and just pastin' 'em back in, but I won't. I'm too lazy.

John Spann

Rich <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> JD wrote:
>
> > John Spann <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> >>JD sucks. He couldn't ride a tricycle.
> >

> > I've been found out! I think CC has it right, I'm just an entity, no
more.

> > JD
>
> Uh oh, does that mean your going away or materializing.
>
> I can see it now... Mountian Biker Attacked on Trail Cyclists escapes serious injury after
> bizarre attack.
>
> AP July 2 2003
>
> A man mountian biking on a local trail was acosted Tuesday afternoon by another cyclist. The
> attacker approaced from the rear and shoved a broken crank arm in the rear spokes of his victem

That's 'victim' you brainless turd wipe!

> who immediatly flew over his handlebars.
>
> The attacker then riped

FFS - 'Ripped' - sheesh............

> the protective shin guards off of the confused mountian

> biker and proceeded to kick the exposed legs. The helpless victim was stunned as the attacker then
> turned his attention to the already damaged bike.
>
> "It was crazy man, this dude in a wife beater just whaled on my bike. He beat my derailuers

> until they fell off and then started chewing on my shifters. Then he started scratching the logo
> off of my bike, using the broken crank, while mumbling something about bubblegum and santa crud?
> He was wacked man."
>
> The mysterios

> attacker suddenly stopped, took out a camera, snapped a few pictures of his victim, the trail in
> both directions, and a collection of wildflowers nearby.
>
> As suddenly as he had appeared the mysteriously violent man rode off. Police are speculating
> that.....

Still, a mildly amusing work of fiction.

Shaun aRe - Oh, and you forgot to mention the freaking tutu!

> That's 'victim' you brainless turd wipe!

> FFS - 'Ripped' - sheesh............

> Still, a mildly amusing work of fiction.
>

> Shaun aRe - Oh, and you forgot to mention the freaking tutu!

No apolagies.

Rich <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > That's 'victim' you brainless turd wipe!
>

> > FFS - 'Ripped' - sheesh............

> > Still, a mildly amusing work of fiction.
> >

> > Shaun aRe - Oh, and you forgot to mention the freaking tutu!
> >
> No apolagies.

Shame - if I knew what the freaking hell 'apolagies' were, I'd help you find some.

Shaun aRe

<snip> (sinse sudenly peoples is concerned bout it)

>>No apolagies.
>

> Shame - if I knew what the freaking hell 'apolagies' were, I'd help you find some.
>
> Shaun aRen't

Shame - If I knew hot to give the gift of a sense of humor I'd help you out.

Rich <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> <snip> (sinse sudenly peoples is concerned bout it)
> >>>

> >>No apolagies.
> >

> > Shame - if I knew what the freaking hell 'apolagies' were, I'd help you
find
> > some.
> >
> > Shaun aRen't

aRe too!

> Shame - If I knew hot to give the gift of a sense of humor I'd help you
out.

Heh - I already got the SOH down cold matey, and that right up there, that I said, _was_ humour.

',;~}~

Shaun aRe - You know I'm gonna kick your **** now.

Rich <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> JD wrote:
>
> > John Spann <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> >>JD sucks. He couldn't ride a tricycle.
> >

> > I've been found out! I think CC has it right, I'm just an entity, no more.
> >
> > JD
>
> Uh oh, does that mean your going away or materializing.
>
> I can see it now... Mountian Biker Attacked on Trail Cyclists escapes serious injury after
> bizarre attack.
>
> AP July 2 2003
>
> A man mountian biking on a local trail was acosted Tuesday afternoon by another cyclist. The
> attacker approaced from the rear and shoved a broken crank arm in the rear spokes of his victem
> who immediatly flew over his handlebars.
>
> The attacker then riped the protective shin guards off of the confused mountian biker and
> proceeded to kick the exposed legs. The helpless victim was stunned as the attacker then turned
> his attention to the already damaged bike.
>
> "It was crazy man, this dude in a wife beater just whaled on my bike. He beat my derailuers until
> they fell off and then started chewing on my shifters. Then he started scratching the logo off of
> my bike, using the broken crank, while mumbling something about bubblegum and santa crud? He was
> wacked man."
>
> The mysterios attacker suddenly stopped, took out a camera, snapped a few pictures of his victim,
> the trail in both directions, and a collection of wildflowers nearby.
>
> As suddenly as he had appeared the mysteriously violent man rode off. Police are speculating
> that.....

I'd wager to guess that took about three hours to write for an addleminded doof such as yourself.

JD

> I'd wager to guess that took about three hours to write for an addleminded doof such as yourself.
>
> JD

Ouch, guess your math skills aren't so hot. Here, let me help: JD posts at 12:48 PST (using Google's
time stamp) Rich replies at 13:14 PST If Rich started typing immediatly after JD's post (not
likely): Total time spent 26 min max

Perhaps it was meant as a compliment. Thanks!

On 30 Jun 2003 01:31:44 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

>From: Rich <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike Subject: Re:
>Knee-Shin guards Message-ID: <[email protected]> Organization: SBC
>http://yahoo.sbc.com Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:37:35 GMT
>

>JD wrote:
>> Rich <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:<[email protected]>...

>ineptitude.

>courage...

>ago.

>>>It's called progression, evolotion, change...ebmrace it. Oh
>nevermind
>>

>> Call it what you will because excuses for lameness are always entertaining.
>>
>> I see it more as a societal statement/issue. Nobody wants to be responsible for their actions
>> anymore and this is mountain biking's answer to that. People want to "get radical", yet they
>> don't want to risk paying the price for their actions. If that's not the antithesis of getting
>> radical, what is then? This pussification of mountain biking is making it more of a "dorks on
>> bikes" hobby than a real sport/lifestyle.
>>
>> JD
>
>>Why wear a helmet then?
>
>They don't make prosthetic heads, though I am beginning to think your lack of grey matter would
>make a proper beta site for one.
>
>JD

Yes indeed. I like your argument. Obviously though its more than just shin guards......

:-]

On 30 Jun 2003 10:10:57 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

[snip stuff]

>You're so programmed by media hype, you'd probably buy just about anything they say you "need" to
>mountain bike.
>
>JD

true, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
:-]