knee troubles

stevepflanagan

Apr 22, 2003
I have been getting some pain on the inside of my right knee at the bottom of the boney part. It gets particulary bad if I do any climbing. Has anyone else suffered from this and knows the cause and/or ways to get rid of it? It is starting to get extremely fustrating!!! Any ideas??? Thanks

Your first port of call should be primary care not a forum website!
Go and see your GP they are trained pros.

I've been to a GP and a podiatrist. I orginally had a problem with the outside my knee in December and had new insoles made because my knee was rolling in towards the frame badly particulary when under large strain (ie climbing). The new insoles aligned my knee to go straight up and down and I've told the doc and podiatrist about the pain on the inside of the knee but they can't see why as it appears as though there is nothing out of order with my setup. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem before and could offer me some advice??? I thought maybe there could be a muscle imbalance between the inside and the outside of my quadricep, any one experienced that before??? Thanks.

Can you describe your pain (sharp/dull)& location a little more?

Have you ever injured the knee before?
How long have you been riding?

How many miles a week do you ride?

Do you do intensity work?

How often do you climb?

Have you been diagnosed with a leg-length discrepancy?

What was the diagnosis that required the orthodics and were they made just for riding?

Check out http://www.bicyclefit.com

Paul Swift is all about proper fit. He invented "Le Wedges" which used to be the Big Meat wedges I have talked about before. He also knows more about about bike fit than anyone else I can think of. He might be able to help you out with the knee. Go to his site and see what's going on.

Good luck with the knee!!!