Knicks fit issues (netti)

aeek

Jun 15, 2004
I've had to replace all my knicks recently and I tried the Netti's with the "optimised" padding - sectioned/shaped for front/ass/left/right/(maybe back). This seems to be a great idea if you're the designed shape but I found it locked the crotch in place and was a irritating fit elsewhere. My ideal size could be L(waist&legs), M-(ass),L+(length) so the crotch lock really screwed the inner thigh and waist fit. A theory. And the padding didn't exactly fit as my legs demand a bigger size.
Trying cannibal knicks with the basic one piece padding and they seem to be working much better.

aeek said:
I've had to replace all my knicks recently and I tried the Netti's with the "optimised" padding - sectioned/shaped for front/ass/left/right/(maybe back). This seems to be a great idea if you're the designed shape but I found it locked the crotch in place and was a irritating fit elsewhere. My ideal size could be L(waist&legs), M-(ass),L+(length) so the crotch lock really screwed the inner thigh and waist fit. A theory. And the padding didn't exactly fit as my legs demand a bigger size.
Trying cannibal knicks with the basic one piece padding and they seem to be working much better.

The Large Netti knicks I had never really fit right (Pronix I think) and I
moved to Cannibal. These were much better, but then they changed
the chamois and weren't as good. I got bigger which didn't help either.
I just bought my first pair of bibnix (Cannibal) and these are pretty good.
I also bought my first pair of Adidas knicks to test them out - very nice!
(But I've only used these for 1hr this morning, too early for final judgement).
I also got another pair of normal Cannibal knicks in XL rather than L (even
though the older style L fits nicely, the new style doesn't fit as well).

hippy

"aeek" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> I've had to replace all my knicks recently and I tried the Netti's with
> the "optimised" padding - sectioned/shaped for
> front/ass/left/right/(maybe back). This seems to be a great idea if
> you're the designed shape but I found it locked the crotch in place and
> was a irritating fit elsewhere. My ideal size could be L(waist&legs),
> M-(ass),L+(length) so the crotch lock really screwed the inner thigh
> and waist fit. A theory. And the padding didn't exactly fit as my legs
> demand a bigger size.
> Trying cannibal knicks with the basic one piece padding and they seem
> to be working much better.
>
>
> --
> aeek
>

Aeek

Are you male or female?
You didn't have them on back to front did you?
I wear some blue knicks made by Netti and I think they're great.

Marty

Marty WallaceAre you male or female? You didn't have them on back to front did you? I wear some blue knicks made by Netti and I think they're great. [/QUOTE said:
male / I assume the inside label is to the back
I'm an extreme shape, tall&thin + cyclist's thighs.

Had good netti's but they were 1-piece chamois = easier fit.
About to try a XL Peleton1 vs the L Cannibal.

aeek said:

I have a 3/4 long bibs from netti, autumn/spring stuff. They are ok. I also have normal summer bibs from cannibal, the do fit better around the neither regions I agree. Now, I have two jerseys from Netti, and I must say, compared to italian brands, the fit is not as nice. The sleeves are a bit floppy, and the fit a bit weird around the body. I have netti arm warmers, they are ok, leg warmers are not ok, the are made for some really thin thighs, they are way too tight up where it counts. So, I have found that netti does not fit me particularly well. But, they seem to be good value, if they fit.

Where in Melbourne do they stock a good selection of cannibal gear?

Cheers.

aeek said:

I bought some new nix recently (am female) and tried on nettis - even the expensive ones felt like a nappy. I ended up buying a pr of Addidas Response and they are great - looking to buy another pair. Very comfortable, fit well, ride well, and the gripper doesnt eat ur thru ur skin! I also ride in cannibal and a pr of short leg fox in summer, both of which are good to ride in. I won't be buying netti again. I tried on several varieities and sizes and all had that fat nappy feel :-(

Claes said:
Where in Melbourne do they stock a good selection of cannibal gear?

I bought all mine from Croydon Cycle Works. This ain't much help if
you aren't in the FAR EAST though :)

warrwych: Yeah.. those Adidas Response are pretty sweet! I'll know
more once I've done a long ride with them on but first impressions are
very good.

hippy

> warrwych: Yeah.. those Adidas Response are pretty sweet! I'll know
> more once I've done a long ride with them on but first impressions are
> very good.
>
> hippy

The Adidas Response sound good, but I cannot find them on the Adidas web
site.
What sort of price are they, and are they the traditional bike short design
or the baggy short design?

Bjay

hippy said:
I bought all mine from Croydon Cycle Works. This ain't much help if
you aren't in the FAR EAST though :)

warrwych: Yeah.. those Adidas Response are pretty sweet! I'll know
more once I've done a long ride with them on but first impressions are
very good.

hippy

Hi Hippy! I found they didnt need breaking in like other nix I've worn. Nice and flexible immediately. First ride in em was 60km - no problems at all
:) sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Bjay - they cost around $120 so not cheap (but I am guessing they are gunna last so long as I remember to take them off when I go to bed etc :p) and they are not baggies, but bodyhugging lycra type.

bjay said:

The Adidas Response sound good, but I cannot find them on the Adidas
web site.
What sort of price are they, and are they the traditional bike short design
or the baggy short design?

You weren't looking hard enough :p

http://www.adidascycling.net/product.aspx?article=313161

I'm not sure of the price because it was discounted and included with a
bunch of other stuff I bought at the same time. I do know they are more
expensive than Cannibal. I rode for another 1.5-2hrs last night in them and
they're still great. The chamois seems much more comfortable and the lycra
is nice and slippery so you don't hook it up on your saddle.

hippy

> bjay Wrote:
> > The Adidas Response sound good, but I cannot find them on the Adidas
> > web site.

"hippy" wrote
>
> You weren't looking hard enough :p
>
> http://www.adidascycling.net/product.aspx?article=313161
>

Aahhhh, adidascycling.net, not adidas.com that's where I went wrong!
Many thanks Hippy and Warrwych. $120 is definately at the top end as far as
I am concerned, but if they make life easier for the bottom end (and last
well) then they are worth it!

Bjay

bjay said:

> bjay Wrote:
> >
Aahhhh, adidascycling.net, not adidas.com that's where I went wrong!
Many thanks Hippy and Warrwych. $120 is definately at the top end as far as
I am concerned, but if they make life easier for the bottom end (and last
well) then they are worth it!

Bjay

I guess in the end you get what you pay for. It wasn't pleasant parting with the cash but in a few mths time I'll have forgotten the pain in the wallet and be thanking the lack of pain elsewhere :p as well as not thinking gees.. I just bought these are they are 1) falling apart 2) losing shape 3) wearing thin 4) etc. I went to a shop where they give a Bicycling Vic discount as well.. that helped ease the pursepain... :)