Knicks Lubrication Creams

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by carma1, Feb 1, 2006.

1. carma1

carma1 New Member

Hi guys,
    Im after some advice on the creams that you use on your knicks eg: what are the best brands, petroleum or water based pro's & cons of each
    Many thanx Mark :)

Tags:

2. 531Aussie

531Aussie Well-Known Member

I tried one once, and found it slimy and unpleasant :p

As you probably know, these creams are supposed to reduce chafing, and the antibacterial ingredients are suppose to reduce the incidence of pimple-like saddle sores.

the one I bought was from a bike shop.

3. Sequoia

Sequoia New Member

I'm using Assos and very happy with it. You don't feel the sweat and feel much fresher at the end of the ride.
    Haven't tried any other creams - there was only one other at the shop and it smelt so pepperminty that just the thought of putting it on my chamois scared me:)

4. tingcr

tingcr New Member

I usually use ASSOS before a ride which does the job very well. I moved a few weeks ago I can't find my ASSOS and I now have a bad rash from heat -obviously proves thar the antibacterial agent works, even if it's not that cheap. Wish it was cheaper, but works for me.

5. carma1

carma1 New Member

Thanx for the help my butt cheeks really appreciate it :D :D
    Mark

6. 62vette

62vette Well-Known Member

I use either Keywin Shammy Cream [sic] or 3B Action Cream.

You can get the Keywin stuff at bike shops (I don't about availability in Australia) and the 3B at pharmacies and supermarkets.

7. leestevens

leestevens New Member

I raid my sons Bepanthen. Its a nappy rash cream but works well for me. Much more plentiful around these parts, our LBS kinda sux and doesn't stock much roadie gear. ;)

8. rooman

rooman New Member

there is, IMHO only one.

ASSOS Chamois Creme...acts as a chamois conditioner and excellent on sensitive bits, use before and after a longer ride as well as a chamois conditioner, which over time helps Knicks atune to your butt and riding style.

Also good as an all purpose skin antibacterial agent if you have a road rash or shaving slipups. It is a cool feel too, just dont use too much as you feel like you are slipping around on a whipped cream cake.

Costs low $20s at bike shops and Bicycle Victoria sells to all at their Collins Street HQ.

:)

PS news is that Lance and Ms Crowe have split up too FWIW.

9. mezzinator

mezzinator New Member

I was under the impression that you only need it for longer rides. Like being a pro and doing 1000k's over 7 days or something.

I've personally never needed it and I don't get saddle sores.