Knocked off by a badger

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 16 Jun 2003 03:29:30 -0700, contributor Peter had scribed:
> No, definitely not a case of me hitting the badger, I would have gone over the bars if that had
> been the case. The badger ran straight at me from the side and knocked the front wheel out from
> under me.
>

I've known cats to have done that and succeed without dismounting rider or damaging cat, scary when
it happens though.

Gary

--

The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.

In article <[email protected]>, Gary Knighton <[email protected]> writes
>On 16 Jun 2003 03:29:30 -0700, contributor Peter had scribed:
>> No, definitely not a case of me hitting the badger, I would have gone over the bars if that had
>> been the case. The badger ran straight at me from the side and knocked the front wheel out from
>> under me.
>>
>
>I've known cats to have done that and succeed without dismounting rider or damaging cat, scary when
>it happens though.
>
I had a similar encounter with a hare. Luckily it was the side of my thigh it collided with as it
made the split second decision to try to jump over me. I say luckily because it was unhurt and I
just about managed to stay upright. I had a massive bruise for weeks though!
--
Victor Meldrew

Remove bra to reply by e-mail.

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> In article <[email protected]>, Gary Knighton <[email protected]> writes
> >On 16 Jun 2003 03:29:30 -0700, contributor Peter had scribed:
> >> No, definitely not a case of me hitting the badger, I would have gone over the bars if that had
> >> been the case. The badger ran straight at me from the side and knocked the front wheel out from
> >> under me.
> >>
> >
> >I've known cats to have done that and succeed without dismounting rider or damaging cat, scary
> >when it happens though.
> >
> I had a similar encounter with a hare. Luckily it was the side of my thigh it collided with as it
> made the split second decision to try to jump over me. I say luckily because it was unhurt and I
> just about managed to stay upright. I had a massive bruise for weeks though!

Not surprising, they are big animals. I was looking at one in the road today and at first we thought
it was a deer or a dog until it moved.

Colin

Cats seem to have very bad judgement. My daily journey goes through a green space at the back of houses, where all the neighbourhood cats like to sit on the verge looking for something to murder. When a bike approaches they tense up and look worried, then at the last moment they dash across in front of you.

Now I know they bounce off I'll maybe stop jamming on the brakes.

Chris

Originally posted by Gary Knighton
On 16 Jun 2003 03:29:30 -0700, contributor Peter had scribed:
> No, definitely not a case of me hitting the badger, I would have gone over the bars if that had
> been the case. The badger ran straight at me from the side and knocked the front wheel out from
> under me.
>

I've known cats to have done that and succeed without dismounting rider or damaging cat, scary when
it happens though.

Gary

--

The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.

Status
Not open for further replies.