Knocky/Creaky Wheel

dsschanze

Jan 14, 2007
Hey,

I was wondering if someone could tell me what is wrong with my front Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheel...it makes a sort of knocky/creaky noise when I stand up on it. The wheels have about 5-6000 miles on them.

Thanks in advance,
dss

dsschanze said:
Hey,

I was wondering if someone could tell me what is wrong with my front Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheel...it makes a sort of knocky/creaky noise when I stand up on it. The wheels have about 5-6000 miles on them.

Thanks in advance,
dss
It could be anything from loose spokes to a broken axle. Don't ride it until you have a chance to take it into your LBS and let them look it over.

You do know that you have to adjust the bearing preload frequently with Mavic wheels? If you don't, and they get loose, then that could explain your knock.

artemidorus said:
You do know that you have to adjust the bearing preload frequently with Mavic wheels? If you don't, and they get loose, then that could explain your knock.
How much do I need to adjust these...and if I adjust them too much, will it create drag on the wheel?

dsschanze said:
How much do I need to adjust these...and if I adjust them too much, will it create drag on the wheel?

For instructions on how to adjust mavic ksyrium wheel bearings try the following.

Login: mavic-com
Password: dealer