Know any good bike repair stand?

riderInTheNight

May 8, 2010
Hi all,

I am riding my MTB every day and recently I started fixing my bike on my own.

This saves money, teaches me a lot about my bike, develops my trust in my bike as I get to know it and its condition and as we all know: a real man (or woman) repairs his/her own bike! :)

I am looking for a repair stand that is:
1) Easy to use.
2) Folds to save space when not in use.
3) Good value for money.

I am grateful for any tip you could throw in my general direction :rolleyes:

Any of Feedback Sports stands. They're all excellent. I've had one of their stands (when they were called Ultimate, before being bought by Feedback Sports) for years. Perfecto.

i rig up a noose that hangs the saddle and another length of rope to grab the bars from the joists in my basement. an S hook at the end and a few knots in the front section make it quick and adjustable its cheap out of the way and there is nothing to trip over. just takes a little getting used to the bike moving around a little...

good luck

The PCS-9, -10 and -25 are stands which use a clamp for round tubes (typically placed around the seat post, but could be used for convenience around a round tube). We use this style at work but it is far from stable and will only work on round seatposts.

When getting one for home use I opted for a PRS-21 race stand which clamps via the fork or rear dropouts instead (the horse type often seen at races). It is far sturdier and more stable than those mentioned above.

Hi all,

after reading your thoughts, reading other material on the web, comparing images and drawings, looking at Amazon.com ratings I decided to go for the Park Took PCS-9.

I also took a look at the Park Tool PCS-10, which is more expensive but has some features that the PCS-9 doesn't have.

I will write a review about the PCS-9 one day soon - after I assemble it. Maybe this will help other readers decide if the PCS-9 is for them or not.

Take care and thanks!

Hi everyone,

I first time had the Park Tool PCS-9 in use. I wrote a mini-review about it and also made a video that demonstrates how to assemble it.

I hope this video will help someone decide if the Park Tool PCS-9 is for him/her: (if you have any questions please feel free to ask)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBlOEaO-OoQ"]YouTube - Park Tool PCS 9 folding bike repair stand[/ame]

Enjoy!

Congratulations! Nice video and you can't go wrong using Park Tools.

Using a G3 from Performance Bike. It's sturdy enough, and I'm happy with it. It cost me about $150. IMO, it's a decent stand.