Know my limits !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
Had another fun day playing in the woods. I really enjoyed the trails that I rode on today, and tend to seek trails like this out. But I do know my limits and ended up walking down the steep part of the hill. It was steeper than it looks and had some tough sections that I would have eaten it on so it was best to walk down and live to fight another day.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM9ZDkkflNE

Reactions: Kakashi
It always helps to know your limits in biking so that you can be prepared for anything with your gear and also you can avoid taking unnecessary risks that would only lead to injury. Great video and I enjoyed having a feel of the trail with the camera view; I haven't mountain biked in a long time, I've been stuck in the city for a while.

Whenever I would see a video of a ride in the mountains, I feel the regret that I had not experienced it. With the present injury on my leg, I don't know if that dream can still materialize. With that video, it looks exciting and challenging to ride on that steep descent. And I got a laugh with the last line - it was best to walk down and live to fight another day. You are right on that. We should not be too daring in our rides. The husband of a film director was a rider who failed to sustain the smooth ride down the zigzag road that he fell into the ravine and died on the spot.

Had another fun day playing in the woods. I really enjoyed the trails that I rode on today, and tend to seek trails like this out. But I do know my limits and ended up walking down the steep part of the hill. It was steeper than it looks and had some tough sections that I would have eaten it on so it was best to walk down and live to fight another day.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM9ZDkkflNE
Nice Trail ! I like the size of the trees, here we don't have those, we have small thin trees here. It looks really fun to make new trails there.
IMG_20180411_175319_488.jpg

Reactions: zipp2001
Nice Trail ! I like the size of the trees, here we don't have those, we have small thin trees here. It looks really fun to make new trails there.View attachment 2844

It is a fun area to explore, it looks like you have a good size group to ride with. I have a hard time getting people to come out and ride in the woods.

Reactions: Kakashi
But I do know my limits and ended up walking down the steep part of the hill.

I'm a big fan of mountain biking myself, and this is such an important thing to keep in mind. I'm glad that you didn't get overzealous and try to tackle something you weren't ready for. When engaging in any outdoor activity, it's super important to respect nature/geography, because if you don't, it will quickly remind you who's boss and put you on your butt.

I once tried to ride down a short but very steep hill--something like a 20 degree slope--and had to suddenly brake because I nearly ended up in the river across from me. I wasn't about to go for a dip, but I certainly went for a flip as I didn't distribute my weight properly and went right over the handlebars.

It is a fun area to explore, it looks like you have a good size group to ride with. I have a hard time getting people to come out and ride in the woods.

We're around 8 and we usually go to the woods well actually it's a part of a protected area, that was converted into a park and a nature reserved, only a few people goes there and you need some pretty effective anti mosquito repellent lotion when one goes there, it's part of a water shed and it has a big dam called LaMesa.

Wow, nice trail. I really miss our province. It's been a long time since I use my bike to the forest. I usually use my bike in the street and roads right now. Well I think it's good thing that you reach your limit, you know now until where is your limit and I'm sure you will do a lot to beat that and improve more.

A good trail always gives a lot of fun and I kiss going to the provinces with my friends. It's really quite hot this summer and it would not be in our best interests to go on cycling with this kind of heat. We'll have to wait for the weather to improve first.