Kolobnev positive

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Press release: Adverse Analytical Finding for Kolobnev
Earlier today, the UCI advised the Russian rider Alexandr Kolobnev of an Adverse Analytical Finding (presence of Hydrochlorothiazide based on the report from the WADA accredited laboratory in Châtenay-Malabry) in the urine sample collected from him at an in competition test at the Tour de France on 6 July 2011. Mr. Kolobnev has the right to request and attend the analysis of his B sample. The UCI Anti-Doping Rules do not provide for a provisional suspension given the nature of the substance, which is a specified substance. However the UCI is confident that his team will take the necessary steps to enable the Tour de France to continue in serenity and to ensure that their rider has the opportunity to properly prepare his defense in particular within the legal timeline, which allows four days for him to have his B sample analyzed. Under the World Anti-Doping Code and the UCI Anti-Doping Rules, the UCI is unable to provide any additional information at this time. UCI Communications Services
What is Hydrochlorothiazide? Hydrochlorothiazide: abbreviated HCTZ, HCT, or HZT, is a first-line diuretic drug of the thiazide class that acts by inhibiting the kidneys' ability to retain water. This reduces the volume of the blood, decreasing blood return to the heart and thus cardiac output and, by other mechanisms, is believed to lower peripheral vascular resistance. Hydrochlorothiazide is a calcium-sparing diuretic, meaning it can help the body get rid of excess water while still keeping calcium.

Adverse effects
  • Hypokalemia, an occasional side effect, can be usually prevented by potassium supplements or by combining hydrochlorothiazide with a potassium-sparing diuretic.
  • Hypomagnesemia
  • Hyperuricemia and gout
  • High blood sugar
  • Hyperlipidemia
  • Hypercalcemia
  • Headache
  • Nausea/vomiting
  • Photosensitivity
  • Weight Gain

L'Equipe once again reports the case.
I wonder had Kolobnev been advised of the result before publication?

Originally Posted by limerickman .

L'Equipe once again reports the case.
I wonder had Kolobnev been advised of the result before publication?

I'm pretty sure it was in the media before the rider knew of it /img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif